Toast The media....*Nods Head*

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Ok so the other thread is epic, fun and informative but since we are actually proving a few doubters wrong and getting some positive media it might be nice to have on thread where we can keep track of the positive media we are receiving (no doubt mostly interstate).

I'll kick it off.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/exp...-simply-pathetic/story-fn5937w8-1226609966776

Youth dominated. Chad Wingard and Jake Neade were creative forward of centre, Ollie Wines was as good as Viney in his first game and a young bloke named Campbell Heath, who has had two knee reconstructions, was inspiring.
The midfield of Cornes, Hamish Hartlett, Brad Ebert, Travis Boak, Matthew Broadbent and Wines obliterated the opposition.
Hinkley's team, which many observers suggested would be bottom two, won't simply spook teams this year.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/exp...-simply-pathetic/story-fn5937w8-1226609966776

I was going to start a thread with this exact same title. ;)

It's amazing how much better our media presence has been this year. I'm not sure if I ever remember Duncanson being given a guest spot on one of the footy shows, but the media seem to be absolutely lapping up Kochie. And why wouldn't they? He's a seasoned media performer. I'm sick of being one of the interstate teams nobody cares about. It looks like that is changing.

:thumbsu:

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...es-mark-ricciuto/story-e6freco3-1226610489856

it feels weird all this positive media im not sure what to make of it.

He still manages to have a dig about Burgess' salary (how can we afford it?). I don't agree either that it was wrong of us not to go flat out for the NAB cup. Much prefer the emphasis on getting everyone prepared as well as possible for the season proper.

Wrt his comment about Hinkley's appt being more luck than good management, I would love to know the full story about what went on behind the scenes. I have always thought that Ken is the type of coach to impress KT much more so than LeonCameron.

His comment that we have the same group of players playing round one as we did end of last year is a bit of a head scratcher too.

..... His comment that we have the same group of players playing round one as we did end of last year is a bit of a head scratcher too.
He has NFI :thumbsdown:

Six of our 23 on Sunday had never played for the club before. Same group of players, yeah right. :rolleyes:

Step-by-step guide on how to write an article about Port Adelaide.
by Mark Ricciuto.
  1. Make an obvious statement.
  2. Supporting sentence for obvious statement.
  3. Another supporting sentence, unrelated to the first.
  4. Idea about the topic pinched from Rucci.
  5. Random sentence.
  6. Reference to the Crows.
  7. Reference to Port's finances.
  8. Pithy one-liner pinched from Rucci.
  9. Obvious statement phrased as if insightful wisdom.
  10. Repeat an unfounded rumour regarding Port's finances.
  11. Reference to Sando and how well he's done at the Crows.
  12. Another random sentence.
  13. Mention Malcolm Blight.
  14. Reference to Alipate Carlile's weight.
  15. Statement that implies connections within AFL circles.
  16. Prediction that echoes 90% of football supporters predictions made over a month ago.
  17. List of players that everyone knows.
  18. Cliché about luck.
  19. A few more random sentences.
  20. Summary that predicts tough times ahead.
  21. Subliminal reference to the Crows as 'big boys'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Step-by-step guide on how to write an article about Port Adelaide.
by Mark Ricciuto.
  1. Make an obvious statement.
  2. Supporting sentence for obvious statement.
  3. Another supporting sentence, unrelated to the first.
  4. Idea about the topic pinched from Rucci.
  5. Random sentence.
  6. Reference to the Crows.
  7. Reference to Port's finances.
  8. Pithy one-liner pinched from Rucci.
  9. Obvious statement phrased as if insightful wisdom.
  10. Repeat an unfounded rumour regarding Port's finances.
  11. Reference to Sando and how well he's done at the Crows.
  12. Another random sentence.
  13. Mention Malcolm Blight.
  14. Reference to Alipate Carlile's weight.
  15. Statement that implies connections within AFL circles.
  16. Prediction that echoes 90% of football supporters predictions made over a month ago.
  17. List of players that everyone knows.
  18. Cliché about luck.
  19. A few more random sentences.
  20. Summary that predicts tough times ahead.
  21. Subliminal reference to the Crows as 'big boys'
22. Make sure that most sentences do not go longer than 12 words, otherwise I will have to think of other big words and make sure that my grammar is correct and that the sentence is actually thought provoking.

He still manages to have a dig about Burgess' salary (how can we afford it?). I don't agree either that it was wrong of us not to go flat out for the NAB cup. Much prefer the emphasis on getting everyone prepared as well as possible for the season proper.

Wrt his comment about Hinkley's appt being more luck than good management, I would love to know the full story about what went on behind the scenes. I have always thought that Ken is the type of coach to impress KT much more so than LeonCameron.

His comment that we have the same group of players playing round one as we did end of last year is a bit of a head scratcher too.

I wasn't too concerned about the comment on Burgess' salary. He also said that it was an expense we had to make. It was probably fair enough.

His comment about Hinkley's appointment is probably fair. All reports were that we were strong on Cameron and were close to stitching him up. No offense to

But yeah, saying it was the same group of players when nearly a third had never put on a Power jumper before was a headscratcher.

Ricciuto doesn't know how much we're paying him. It was widely speculated around the time of his appointment that his asking price was $800,000 per year. KT flatly denied this was true. The truth is that the Crows were in the market for a new head fitness coach too and they wanted Burgess. In fact they wanted him bad, and Trigg and Co made it clear they were going to try and beat Port to the punch. When Burgess turned them down for Port, Trigg came out and said "we weren't prepared to pay that much for a fitness coach". In actual fact they were prepared to pay it (whatever it was) but they were simply never in the race. It was just one of Triggy's patented PR exercises - Lose out to Port, but save face by appearing to be financially responsible, while not being seen to be losing out to Port.

Ricciuto doesn't know how much we're paying him. It was widely speculated around the time of his appointment that his asking price was $800,000 per year. KT flatly denied this was true. The truth is that the Crows were in the market for a new head fitness coach too and they wanted Burgess. In fact they wanted him bad, and Trigg and Co made it clear they were going to try and beat Port to the punch. When Burgess turned them down for Port, Trigg came out and said "we weren't prepared to pay that much for a fitness coach". In actual fact they were prepared to pay it (whatever it was) but they were simply never in the race. It was just one of Triggy's patented PR exercises - Lose out to Port, but save face by appearing to be financially responsible, while not being seen to be losing out to Port.

Burgess was never going to the crows, fullstop. He pretty much said it himself with his "unfinished business" line.

...... When Burgess turned them down for Port, Trigg came out and said "we weren't prepared to pay that much for a fitness coach". In actual fact they were prepared to pay it (whatever it was) but they were simply never in the race. It was just one of Triggy's patented PR exercises - Lose out to Port, but save face by appearing to be financially responsible, while not being seen to be losing out to Port.
It is understood that Trigg couldn't work a side deal with Balfours in order to secure Burgess' services.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back