Toast The media....*Nods Head*

Remove this Banner Ad

Was listening to ABC radio in the car about 30 minutes ago, and hearing Jules Schiller preview the game by saying it’s “a battle of the two Magpies” made a very happy change from other local radio stations here

Former Olympics women's basketballer Jo Hill retires because of courtside abuse
An Olympic basketballer has quit the sport because of abuse from the sidelines during her final season playing in Adelaide...

While the AFL has dealt with booing and abuse against players — notably Sydney Swans' Adam Goodes and Kurt Tippett — Johnston said it hit basketball players harder.
"The difference is basketball is so close and when you're in the game you hear it more," he said...

Tippett left the Adelaide Crows for Sydney in 2012 but was then fined $50,000 by the AFL and suspended for half the 2013 season.
Adelaide Crows were fined $300,000 for breaching the salary cap and tampering with the draft.
I'm just nodding my head that ABC News managed to turn an article about a (now) local basketball player retiring into the crows cheating the salary cap with Tippett. Fantastic trolling.

“They pick a small forward line but they slow the play down. How is a small forward line going to compete against eight or nine people in the back half? It’s so poor, it’s pathetic. They had five shots at goal in the first quarter, four shots in the second quarter, four in the third and one shot in the last (at the) 25 minute mark they kicked a goal."

Fantastic stuff.

“They pick a small forward line but they slow the play down. How is a small forward line going to compete against eight or nine people in the back half? It’s so poor, it’s pathetic. They had five shots at goal in the first quarter, four shots in the second quarter, four in the third and one shot in the last (at the) 25 minute mark they kicked a goal."

Fantastic stuff.

Hard to argue with that.

Everyone knows it, no one at the club is brave enough to say it.

Tough competition my arse. We’re meant to be the ones who knock.

Thanks for posting that link. Beyond embarrassing it was damning and Mc Clure is right 100%.
We could add hugging the boundary, obsessed with kicking to the pockets, predictable kick-in routine and diving on the ball.
Crap to watch crap efficiency resulting in crap crowds and crap timeslots next year. Good luck with sponsors we're gunna need it.

Finally a bit of heat from 360.
The Melbourne media are finally calling him out. Remember he is a former well known geelong player. Adelaide media wont call him out because they love that he's a crap coach. So far Roos, Kingy and McClure have been quite critical. Well overdue. The club cant ignore this, they can ignore us and say we are clueless but not the Melbourne footy media. Afl360 have been a great supporter of us but they'll only tolerate underperformance for so long even if it is a favourite son.

Hard to argue with that.

Everyone knows it, no one at the club is brave enough to say it.

Tough competition my arse. We’re meant to be the ones who knock.
I'm not sure the club does know it. I believe the members convention was to educate the supporters about the great game plan due to hearing plenty of game day criticism from supporters. They think we dont get it but we do. We know its no good, they dont imo.

I'm not sure the club does know it. I believe the members convention was to educate the supporters about the great game plan due to hearing plenty of game day criticism from supporters. They think we dont get it but we do. We know its no good, they dont imo.
But even if one agrees with the plan, we have failed to execute it. This is on the coaches. They at least failed on their assumption that our players were able to put the plan in practice.

What bothers me, really, is that no one has come forward and apologized. It doesn't matter what went wrong. It went wrong. From the president to the leadership group, they should all be taking responsibility for this: "There is no excuse. This shouldn't have happened. We are better than this. We are embarrassed by and sorry for the way the season ended."

It will be a long off-season. There will be plenty of time for a proper diagnosis. Now, it is simply time to acknowledge we have shat the bad. Are we brave enough to do this?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But even if one agrees with the plan, we have failed to execute it. This is on the coaches. They at least failed on their assumption that our players were able to put the plan in practice.

What bothers me, really, is that no one has come forward and apologized. It doesn't matter what went wrong. It went wrong. From the president to the leadership group, they should all be taking responsibility for this: "There is no excuse. This shouldn't have happened. We are better than this. We are embarrassed by and sorry for the way the season ended."

It will be a long off-season. There will be plenty of time for a proper diagnosis. Now, it is simply time to acknowledge we have shat the bad. Are we brave enough to do this?
Agree 100%.

Yes but this time it was directed squarely at Ken.

Absolutely, but again not for the first time. He had a segment recently, on 360, where he previewed the last few games and he took on the role of Kenny. His opening was along the lines of “Ive got you in this mess...”

That was cathartic to listen to.
Sick of Kenny KT and Koch trying to hide behind this flawed game plan and at the same time wasting our accrued talent.
Yes it’s true Ken needs to let go of his ego and admit his philosophy and game plan isn’t working.
Premiership window closing rapidly.
Massive change in the game plan needed.
We have gone backwards at a rate of knots.

Yep I am fuming at their ‘head in the sand,’ defensive, ‘she’ll be right’ attitude.
That is how our neighbours do it.
That is NOT the Port way.
I want accountability.
I want mistakes owned and leanings and change from it.

Yep I am fuming at their ‘head in the sand,’ defensive, ‘she’ll be right’ attitude.
I want accountability.
I also want better player development. Too many players have either stagnated or gone backwards.

I haven't minded Kochie but something still irks me about his comment on AA re everyone thought Ken was a superhero at 11-4 , insinuating we're quite the fickle supporter base.

Good thing about this is there's nowhere to hide next year for anyone. Either they keep doing the same thing and it miraculously "gels" or it blows up and the heat from all angles of the Melb media hopefully will cause some drastic action. Spluttering into the top 8 won't cut it. By the way it's curious how I've heard the word gel come out of Ken, Lade and Ollie's mouth in the same week....

I want accountability.
You see, perhaps, this same exact people could come and do better next year. If I didn't believe that, I wouldn't be mad now; truth be told. If people IN THE CLUB believe we could have done better, they should be mad, too. They should be holding themselves accountable.

What will be done differently next season, that's another matter entirely. There will be time to think about and act on it. It could be a lot; it could be a little. It doesn't matter. If it works next year, fine...

Right now, though, we shouldn't be defensive and self-protective. We have shot ourselves on the foot. If it was unavoidable, we were wrong in carring a gun. So, ultimately, we are responsible for the outcome. We either come forward and say that missing finals was ok all along or come forward and admit our failure. Either way, we should come forward!

Really, it is all I want to see now.

I haven't minded Kochie but something still irks me about his comment on AA re everyone thought Ken was a superhero at 11-4 , insinuating we're quite the fickle supporter base.
Yeah and ungrateful was the insinuation. Well at 11-4 there were plenty on here saying we were the worst club to hold 2nd place.
Alarm bells were ringing way back v Brisbane when Polly saved us ,marking on the goal line at the death.
Some on here (me incl) were making noises about missing finals well before 11-4.
We've had our chances but we weren't good enough even with a softish draw.

Tredders in today's paper says "Port fans are filthy"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back