Toast The media....*Nods Head*

He isn't 9000 years old and/or a Crows' ambassador

is-this-real-life-14038714.png

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The more Port keep putting Ollie out there, and the more I see of Trav on social media immersing himself in his various business interests, the more I think Ollie will be announced as captain this year.
( then again maybe Ollie was the only one willing to drag himself out of bed at sunrise to front up for Sunrise)

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
First it was Andrew Bolt, then Pauline Hansen and now Graham Cornes who I find myself agreeing with. Maybe I need counselling?

In this case the AFL has ****ed the Draft up. Once it was a simple exercise but not now. We have trading future picks, draft points, F&S bidding etc. and some of this can take place over a month before the Draft is actually held. We bust a gut to get picks 5,10 and 15 only to find they actually equate to picks 5,12 and 18 on the night.

Then there is the stage managed presentation that the AFL and Foxtel contrive to dish up. One point here, If we needed 5 minutes to decide on Connor Rozee how is it we had a guernsey with his name and the number five on it all ready for the publicity shots after the event? Maybe they were just stick on numbers?

To me the draft is an overly complicated circus and Cornes is right -scrap the thing and allow open trading.

Then there is the stage managed presentation that the AFL and Foxtel contrive to dish up. One point here, If we needed 5 minutes to decide on Connor Rozee how is it we had a guernsey with his name and the number five on it all ready for the publicity shots after the event? Maybe they were just stick on numbers?

Carlton took their allotted 5 minutes to select the very first player in the draft that everyone has known for months they are taking.

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
First it was Andrew Bolt, then Pauline Hansen and now Graham Cornes who I find myself agreeing with. Maybe I need counselling?

In this case the AFL has ****** the Draft up. Once it was a simple exercise but not now. We have trading future picks, draft points, F&S bidding etc. and some of this can take place over a month before the Draft is actually held. We bust a gut to get picks 5,10 and 15 only to find they actually equate to picks 5,12 and 18 on the night.

To me the draft is an overly complicated circus and Cornes is right -scrap the thing and allow open trading.
Sounds like an unpopular opinion, but I didn't mind it at all. Waited so long for the damned event to take place, it seems dumb to have it over in a few minutes. Keeping the first evening to the top-20 allowed the opportunity to celebrate the best/top 20 players and their achievements, reactions etc. A number of areas can be improved, but as a whole I liked it.

I'd rather do the whole national draft in one night. Start it at 6pm and run it through. I don't think 5 minutes is needed. Do 3 minutes. Keep the pre-season/rookie draft on a separate day, maybe 2 days later.

Slammer

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2006
South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Newcastle Unt. UK, Seattle Seahawks

In this case the AFL has ****** the Draft up. Once it was a simple exercise but not now. We have trading future picks, draft points, F&S bidding etc. and some of this can take place over a month before the Draft is actually held. We bust a gut to get picks 5,10 and 15 only to find they actually equate to picks 5,12 and 18 on the night.

To my knowledge, no reasonable, intelligent person has ever agreed with Andrew Bolt, Pauline Hansen or Graham Cornes!

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'd rather do the whole national draft in one night. Start it at 6pm and run it through. I don't think 5 minutes is needed. Do 3 minutes. Keep the pre-season/rookie draft on a separate day, maybe 2 days later.
Does anyone else get the feeling the first round was actually done in the trial earlier and then just repeated on the night?
Everyone seemed to know what was going to happen and teams already had jumpers made wiht the players names...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
The presentation is only part of it . The whole process is a dog's breakfast with clubs trading picks left right and centre. The end of trade week is when the trading for draft picks should stop.
To my knowledge, no reasonable, intelligent person has ever agreed with Andrew Bolt, Pauline Hansen or Graham Cornes!

I don't normally agree with every thing they say but now and then they do raise a good point.

Jun 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
1) SEN is no good for most car stereos.. lol

2) all good until you turn on Dillon and Rooch.. surely they could have found some fresh new talent rather than going for a couple of ex 5AA fill ins

I tried to tune in this morning on my way to work. My car radio AM band only goes up to 1602. Well done Hutchy.

Got in the work car and was able to tune in.

First impressions? It’s awful. They’ve gone way overboard in catering to the SA market and misread the mood completely. We want a point of difference, not another 24 Hour ‘SA Great’ ad.

Kane Cornes is bending over backwards to kiss crow arse and seem impartial.

I’ll stick with the phone app. Gary Lyon and Tim Watson leave Cornes for dead anyway.

Jonts

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 7, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Flagstaff Hill FC, Tottenham
yea went to tune in yesterday with my work car and the am dial stops at 1620 lol

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide (SANFL)
I could get 1629 for a few hours yesterday and then it dropped out last night and hasn't returned since.

Anyone else the same?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Back