Toast The media....*Nods Head*

Ian Jackson

Team Captain
Mar 5, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal
Hey guys, I made a Port video on my YouTube channel and would love some feedback if you have the time! Cheers

Didn't see the key recruitment of Lycett, frees Ryder, Marshall and Dixon. Early China game affected our season break and could have been a factor in the end of season fade.

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hey guys, I made a Port video on my YouTube channel and would love some feedback if you have the time! Cheers

I don’t have a you tube account to comment there but I really enjoyed your video.
Fair bit of research undertaken and well presented.
I think you could have included the shake up of our coaching panel and obtaining the services of two very good assistants in Schofield and Montgomery. On here many feel this will have a positive impact on the group and hopefully evolve the way we play.

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies

Good effort m8, polite and measured, no blah blah hype.
Do I agree with you on just missing the 8, well honestly i've no idea what Ken's got in mind this yr.

Apr 3, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
About ******* time the social media team hit the mark with something.

View attachment 606399
How's the reply by the AFC social media team... Dwoar you got us good guyz!
Screenshot_20190119-120704.jpg

Sep 24, 2008
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
La lakers. Oakland Raiders, bunny’s
I think they've pulled a boner with the Dillon-Rucci pairing - Port fans detest Dillon and crows fans equally detest Rucci, so they may end up with no one listening at all :worried:
On the contrary, haters gotta hate somewhere.

That shitadelaide page makes me cringe so hard.

It’s like Adelaide and SA Memes or whatever it’s called on Facebook. Run by the same brand of one-way streeters who fill their avatars and signatures with Port-themed nonsense and make hay while we suck, but you don’t hear a peep out of them with the shoe’s on the other foot.

“It’s just a game, settle down”.

Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
Interesting article from Rucci on page 35 of this morning's Monopoly Mail.

Rucci puts the Co Captain decision squarely on the shoulders of Hinkley and Thomas. He also turns up the heat on Hinkley and the players and writes that after ditching 149 years of tradition in the name of increased on field success Port has to make the eight this year.

Rucci also makes the salient point that 'Port supporters do vote with their feet'. The crowd figures will be really interesting this year. If make the eight all will be well but after Ken & Co's postulating about on field success, another year like last year might be a disaster.

Interesting that Rucci also contrasts the 2009 Board decision decision not to appoint Shaun Burgoyne as Captain on Mark Williams' recommendation with the decision of Thomas and the Board to back Hinkley on Co Captains. Rucci isn't always right of course but if he is correct in his version of events the contrast between the PAFC of 2009 and that of the set up is pretty stark.

That article just about says what I feel although if we do not make the eight Hinkley will still keep his job as Kochie sees him as the Messiah. Some of us of course see Ken as 'just a naughty boy'.

Last edited:
.... Rucci also makes the salient point that 'Port supporters do vote with their feet'. The crowd figures will be really interesting this year .....
Too late for me to do it now, we've signed up again. And even bought a book of lottery tickets again. But on the basis of the way the co-captaincy thing was done (not that we have co-captains, but the way it was imposed) next year may be the first time since we entered the AFL that I stand out. OK probably a hollow threat as Mrs Powerstufff and my good mate who comes with us would be pretty miffed, but we'll see.

Last edited:
.... Interesting that Rucci also contrasts the 2009 Board decision decision not to appoint Shaun Burgoyne as Captain on Mark Williams' recommendation with the decision of Thomas and the Board to back Hinkley on Co Captains. Rucci isn't always right of course .....
If that was the Board's logic, to rubber stamp anything Hinkley said, I'm disappointed. I'd like to hear their opinion, so long as it's not another "Sydney used to do it" blurt.

Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
If that was the Board's logic, to rubber stamp anything Hinkley said, I'm disappointed. I'd like to hear their opinion, so long as it's not another "Sydney used to do it" blurt.

According to David Koch the Board decision was unanimous which is disappointing as I thought guys like Ross Haslam and/or Gavin Wanganeen might have voted against it. I get the feeling that there must be some compelling argument for Co Captains other than the 'on field success' line we have been getting. It isn't simply the decision that was made but the process and the lack of a sound explanation. That situation does not sit well with many of us. I am waiting for Hinkley to explain how we are going to be more successful with Co Captains but I am not holding my breath while I wait.

In the meantime I think Jack Cahill and Rucci are right as the pressure is now on Hinkley to get us into the finals in 2019 and keep us there.

Jul 7, 2007
Ziggurat City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
LUFC, Patriots
According to David Koch the Board decision was unanimous which is disappointing as I thought guys like Ross Haslam and/or Gavin Wanganeen might have voted against it. I get the feeling that there must be some compelling argument for Co Captains other than the 'on field success' line we have been getting. It isn't simply the decision that was made but the process and the lack of a sound explanation. That situation does not sit well with many of us. I am waiting for Hinkley to explain how we are going to be more successful with Co Captains but I am not holding my breath while I wait.

In the meantime I think Jack Cahill and Rucci are right as the pressure is now on Hinkley to get us into the finals in 2019 and keep us there.
How the Board can overturn a 150 year tradition on the say so of one of the least successful coaches in club history without a single dissenter beggars belief.

I don't believe it.

Portmagpies36

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 5, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Unfortunately there is no sound explanation other than it feels right according to KT.
Does it mean when Wines is out at the start of the season we only have one captain therefore we have less chance of winning ?
The reasoning is laughable.
Also to make finals it is going to take one hell of a turnaround !

Unfortunately there is no sound explanation other than it feels right according to KT.
Does it mean when Wines is out at the start of the season we only have one captain therefore we have less chance of winning ?
The reasoning is laughable.
Also to make finals it is going to take one hell of a turnaround !

Let’s not be silly. Probably 90% of s captains job isn’t performed on the field.
Toss the coin, lead by example etc. the rest is all offfield.

How the Board can overturn a 150 year tradition on the say so of one of the least successful coaches in club history without a single dissenter beggars belief.

I don't believe it.

They're not going to come out and say that the board was split on the issue, everything just gets presented as being 'unanimous'. Wanganeen all but publicly declared that he didn't like it. I'm sure there was at least a bit of back and forth about it.

They're not going to come out and say that the board was split on the issue, everything just gets presented as being 'unanimous'. Wanganeen all but publicly declared that he didn't like it. I'm sure there was at least a bit of back and forth about it.
"It was a unanimous cabinet decision by the government." 25 years later when cabinet papers are released to the national archives the degree of the true non-unanimous decision is finally revealed to the plebs public.

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

I don't believe it.
Ok guys before we vote.

A show of hands who thinks they will vote in the affirmative?

Ok. Who things it will work better PR wise if we have a unanimous vote?

Ok let's vote.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams

So you are saying David Koch is lying?

Back