Toast The media....*Nods Head*

So you are saying David Koch is lying?
Our debt profile has stayed pretty much the same for 4 years - Koch said at the AGM.

Look at the 3 page financial statements and Current + Non Current Liabilities items of Interest bearing loans and borrowings, had gone up from $6.261m in 2017 to $8.279m yet in the cash flow statement it said we paid off $182k of short term borrowings and finance leases.

Is that a lie? An embellishment? Not telling the full truth?

It was Ken Hinkley who suggested co captains would improve our chances of winning.

That may well be the case, but that doesn't change my argument one little bit.
90% of a captains job occurs Monday-Friday off the field.
So Wines being out (as captain) wont reduce our chances of winning any more than Wines being out (as non captain).

Slammer

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2006
South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Newcastle Unt. UK, Seattle Seahawks
Team Port......yes, like many of us, I was disappointed at the "two captains" decision. But having read KT's letter to members, I know it's set in bronze, so let's cut the crap and get behind both great club men......they both deserve the title Captain...and they both deserve our total support. We Are Port Adelaide.

Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
Our debt profile has stayed pretty much the same for 4 years - Koch said at the AGM.

Look at the 3 page financial statements and Current + Non Current Liabilities items of Interest bearing loans and borrowings, had gone up from $6.261m in 2017 to $8.279m yet in the cash flow statement it said we paid off $182k of short term borrowings and finance leases.

Is that a lie? An embellishment? Not telling the full truth?

Creative accounting maybe?

That may well be the case, but that doesn't change my argument one little bit.
90% of a captains job occurs Monday-Friday off the field.
So Wines being out (as captain) wont reduce our chances of winning any more than Wines being out (as non captain).

Impey, Amon, SPP etc incidents plus the failure to get Wingard “engaged” in the serious business of football in recent years may have convinced the football department that we needed more “coverage” from the playing group leadership. Not a bigger leadership group with fuzzy responsibility but fewer blokes with more defined roles and “authority”.

All that completely separate to perfectly fair debate on the merits of 1 captain vs 2 onfield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Mar 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Tanunda
Aug 22, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Port have been a middle-of-the-road side for their entire time under Ken Hinkley, capable of flashes of brilliance that seduce us, but rarely with any substance to back it up”

Pretty much
This sums up Hinkley’s time at Port. Good article But forgot to say co-captains will bring more success, so really hasn’t done any research......

Willsy10

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Why do you find that odd?
I find it odd that the article comments about us being consistently middle of the road and finishing between 5th and 10th with between 10 and 14 win seasons every year for the last 6 but then predicts us to drop right down to 13th with what would only be a 7 or 8 win season.

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I find it odd that the article comments about us being consistently middle of the road and finishing between 5th and 10th with between 10 and 14 win seasons every year for the last 6 but then predicts us to drop right down to 13th with what would only be a 7 or 8 win season.
Middle of the road, then says doesn’t think we have the replacements for Wingard and Polec, so will drop. Not odd at all. Hopefully it’s wildly wrong of course.

Been middle of the road the whole time but then predicts us to finish 13th?
At this time of the year you can only work with the established facts and 2018 player performances. If in 2019 our new coaching setup has us play more efficiently, if the 2018 buy-ins begin to deliver, if the new draftees give us even one SPP 1st year established player, if losing Wingard and Polec is survivable .....
Trouble is 17 other clubs have a similar list of ifs.

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It feels like some on here would love us to fail just to prove they are right about Hinkley.

Been middle of the road the whole time but then predicts us to finish 13th?

It says in the article he expects both Essendon and Adelaide to jump us. So there's a drop of 2 spots accounted for.

Fair assessment in that article. Would love to prove it, and myself, wrong.

Iwish

XUS NEK
Apr 22, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
A fair article but the damming stat the last 4 years is comparing our away form and home form. Since 2015 our away record is 22 Wins 18 losses a good ratio for away games better than west coast!! But home record is 26 wins 23 losses which is bad for home games. Has our gamestyle Ken nicks and co ran with not suited adelaide oval?? Will this alleged more attacking one benefit us at home? Our home losses have cost us finals maybe it could change this year?

Back