Toast The media....*Nods Head*

Remove this Banner Ad

Here ‘tis

I don't know who Reece Homfray's barracks for, but the club seems to have let him get close to us and given him exclusives since 2017 season finished, and he has written plenty of positive stories about us as well as some questioning us, without being cynical about it.

I wonder if the club feel's Rooch is coming to end in the foreseeable future and its looking to have a friendly sports reporter after he leaves.

Tsier photographer Sarah Reed seems to get sent on a lot of our community and indigenous programs camps as well as footy related stuff like China to bring back great photos.

I will put this here because I don't know for sure, but I think Connor Rozee will have a big spread in the SAWeekend magazine. He is the only SA draftee in SA making his debut tomorrow and there is the MCG in the background in the video. Nothing online yet.

Yes I linked a tweet about it yesterday In the Connor Rozee thread

Yes I linked a tweet about it yesterday In the Connor Rozee thread
Haha I looked at the photo because someone asked whats in the cup and didn't read Homfray's tweet.

Reece Homfray's went to the preseason camp in Noosa and had a crack at one of the running sessions with the players. He briefly wrote about it pre Christmas but gave a fuller picture as part of the Connor Rozee diary of a draftee article. Here is some of what he had to do. Well done Reece.

https://outline.com/dmXCYz
“It will be over soon”, I keep telling myself. That’s the thing about short and sharp efforts when it comes to running – at least you can see the finish line, unlike the 3km time trial which is a slog.

But that’s about the only good thing. When your heart rate is nudging 190 beats per minute it’s hard to see any positives really. We’re into our second 600m sprint around the Noosa footy oval and I’m losing contact with Riley Grundy who is the last man in front of me. Unbelievably, this is their second session of the day.
On the concrete steps in front of the clubrooms was a whiteboard with details of the session scribbled in high performance boss Ian McKeown’s handwriting. I did a quick calculation in my head and immediately felt quite relieved. “That’s just over 3km, how hard can that be?” I thought, which is about when Travis Boak walked across and saw me in runners and shorts. “You’re doing that?” he said, pointing at the whiteboard which showed a pyramid running set including 600s, 400s and so on. “What ... that?” he repeated in a tone that was much more statement than question. Now I was a bit worried.
Port staggered its players through the running session in groups and I was in with Boak, Dan Houston, Dougal Howard, Justin Westhoff, Riley Grundy, Rozee and assistant coach Nathan Bassett who can’t seem to let his competitiveness go 10 years after retiring as a player.
Eight of us as well as Port Adelaide’s media manager Daniel Norton who succumbed to peer pressure at the last minute, all lined up on the boundary line like it’s the 400m Olympic final.
The first 600m sprint was a shock to the system. Short enough to go all-out but long enough to think ‘how much longer?’. I finished with Bassett about three seconds behind the players who were strung out in a line. With my hands on head – apparently it’s a no-no at footy training to put your hands on your knees and slouch – we walked directly across the oval back to our starting position for the next 600m.
The second break seemed shorter and we were into 200s. If I was running at 90 per cent threshold for the 600s, then these were 100 per cent. The discomfort in my right side had increased and I was trying not to swing my right arm and keep it close to my chest.The 300s finish and I come in a few paces behind Rozee and Grundy. Being beaten by 3-5 seconds is significant over this distance but it doesn’t feel like you’re out there drowning on your own.
After 6x60s my tank is nearly empty. My lips feel dry, my head is hot and my legs like jelly which at least takes my mind off my ribs.I’m concentrating on every step because my knees are starting to bang together and my ankles feel unstable. The recovery time is getting shorter.We barely finish a shorter sprint and we take a few paces then turn around and start the next one.
https://outline.com/dmXCYz

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL360 highlighting this call from the weekend as well

If you watched the live telecast, the commentators said the ruckman were told to keep their 1m distance (which is apparently the rule) before the throw in, Lycett chose to not do that but rather bump Phillips. Therefore it’s a free kick.

Sounds like yet another great rule.

AFL360 highlighting this call from the weekend as well

I can see why they called a free against Sicily. It wasn't a push nor a bump, but a punch; and he certainly threw the only punch on that melee.

I see noything in the free against Lycett. Robinson seems to have gotten it backward, when describing one "destructive," and the other, "embarrasing."

Now, can anyone clarify whether Cox was suspended by that bump they showed? If so, it would be absolutely ridiculous. It was only high because he is tall...

----
P.S.:
... the ruckman were told to keep their 1m distance (which is apparently the rule) before the throw in, Lycett chose to not do that but rather bump Phillips. Therefore it’s a free kick.

That would explain it. However, I would like to see all the thow-ins in the game, if it was the only time a ruckman didn't observe it.

That would explain it. However, I would like to see all the thow-ins in the game, if it was the only time a ruckman didn't observe it.
It gets covered a lot at ruck contests around the ground. You hear the umpires telling them to separate quite often. The thing is, they more often get it wrong. Ruckman A will close the gap to ruckman B, and the umpire will tell ruckman B to separate from his opponent.

If you watched the live telecast, the commentators said the ruckman were told to keep their 1m distance (which is apparently the rule) before the throw in, Lycett chose to not do that but rather bump Phillips. Therefore it’s a free kick.

Sounds like yet another great rule.

How the f*** can Lycett kept a metre away when the Carlton ruck is backing into him? Is he meant to runaway?

So we now have a contact rule ? FFS this is getting more like netball every year. What next, put bibs on the players so the umpires can tell who should be contesting the throw in?

Give these dickheads long enough and they will completely destroy the game.

Most ruck frees are just paid to whichever team the umpires are favouring at the time. That free kick is probably technically correct, which proves you could pay a free kick to either ruckman at just about any ruck contest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back