Toast The media....*Nods Head*

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
Ben and Liam on JJJ this morning spoke to Nic Naitanui. It was a bit of laugh because they didn't expect to speak to an AFL player on their show, so it was not what you would call an interview.

They were surprised to hear a lot of the Eagles players listened to their show. One of them - buggered if I know which one is which - said he is from Adelaide and is a Port supporter and asked if NicNat knew any Port players. NicNat said he is good mates with quite a few Port players and that they would be wondering what he was doing on the show.

JJJ got 10.6% of the Perth audience (3rd overall) in the latest radio ratings, highest of any state by a fair margin.

So do they expect that we draft their players, pay them and then expect them to still play for their SANFL club ?
**** me.
Yeah I thought the reason we gave up our zones and juniors was so we can play our players in the same side.

dirty2

F*** the southern power
Nov 6, 2016
Bar Rossa
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal
I think one of the rules is they cannot play against the side we draft them from. I would just be sweet to take a player from Norwood. I am not sure we will draft a player however we have had a couple of long term injuries of late so maybe we will run a rule over the possibles.
Restraint of trade? Dude from chelsea was loaned to athletic Madrid I think and wasnt suppose to play against chelsea in the euro final but ended up playing...

Ben and Liam on JJJ this morning spoke to Nic Naitanui. It was a bit of laugh because they didn't expect to speak to an AFL player on their show, so it was not what you would call an interview.

They were surprised to hear a lot of the Eagles players listened to their show. One of them - buggered if I know which one is which - said he is from Adelaide and is a Port supporter and asked if NicNat knew any Port players. NicNat said he is good mates with quite a few Port players and that they would be wondering what he was doing on the show.
Inb4:
-"JJJ has gone downhill since when i was a teenager"
-"too much aussie hiphop"
-"i prefer JJ"

Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
Restraint of trade? Dude from chelsea was loaned to athletic Madrid I think and wasnt suppose to play against chelsea in the euro final but ended up playing...

The whole SANFL Reserves agreement is open to challenge but neither the Power or Crows are going to challenge it in court. The real answer is for the AFL to stop talking about it and form a genuine AFL Reserves competition but that isn't going to happen either, at least not anytime soon. The AFL is more interested getting a piss weak AFLW and an AFLX sideshow off the ground.

The Rubber Man

Club Legend
May 1, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

They are both from Adelaide. They used to host the South Australian community radio Fresh FM in the morning. Funny lads, hopefully they will have a hamish and andy type career.

Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Worth posting here as well.

Page 85 of today's Monopoly Times says it all. The headline reads, Boulton fires back at Ed. Greg Boulton has said what our current administration should be saying in the face of McGuire's ill informed version of events. If ever there was a contrast between what we once had and what we are saddled with now this is it. All I can say is...

Greg Boulton you are a legend!

All this while our current President and his Board are selling vanilla ice creams to the Collingwood faithful.

PS Maybe someone can pick up the article and post it in here? Greg Boulton's comments are well worth reading.

Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cannot agree with Kornes. Kane's D grade is way too generous. The AFL's grade should be a big fat 'F' for fail.

Good article none the less, it highlights the failings of the AFL and Steve Hocking. The rules, the Rampe incident, the inconsistent tribunal they all stink. The fact that Gillion and his crew preside over this abortion is an indictment on them.

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/spor...x/news-story/1f7928ab386d86af73514151ced43868

Rexie J

Premiership Player
Apr 22, 2012
YP
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Cannot agree with Kornes. Kane's D grade is way too generous. The AFL's grade should be a big fat 'F' for fail.

Good article none the less, it highlights the failings of the AFL and Steve Hocking. The rules, the Rampe incident, the inconsistent tribunal they all stink. The fact that Gillion and his crew preside over this abortion is an indictment on them.

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/spor...x/news-story/1f7928ab386d86af73514151ced43868

Expansion of Aussie Rules has merit but was badly managed and unfortunately it was not for the betterment of the game but for TV.

I recall Ross Oakley saying the AFL was to be the elite league but it's far from that ideal. It's quite possible to take out the equivalent of at least three player squads if the AFL is seriously intended to be 'elite'. There are too many players who may have above average footy skills but are certainly not elite.

When did Triple J stop using the tag - the youth station? They cleaned out all the old farts 10-12 years ago to get the younger presenters. or was it longer? They have moved on, I have moved on, that's life.

But it would have been interesting to see a similar parody video done at the end of the 80's, 90's and 00's and see how much it changes every decade.

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons

I have no idea whether the criticism is valid towards Triple J, or this is a case of "scarecrow fallacy." Still, it is an interesting criticism coming from the Left. It looks very conservative to my eyes, but the fellow is pro-Labour from what I have taken watching other videos of his.

Common sense doesn't seem to have a political side, after all. That's great!

Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I have no idea whether the criticism is valid towards Triple J, or this is a case of "scarecrow fallacy." Still, it is an interesting criticism coming from the Left. It looks very conservative to my eyes, but the fellow is pro-Labour from what I have taken watching other videos of his.

Triple J is run by the ABC and therefore fairly left wing. It is promoted as the "youth" network and is extremely politically correct, to the point where it is nauseating. It used to be good in the 90s (when I was in their demographic) but it's probably a reflection of how s**t the music they play compared to back then. They play way too much sub standard Australian music (under these guise of promoting Aussie music) but s**t music is still s**t music.

The skit also alludes to them pandering to a Sydney centric Hipster/Rich kid crowd, whilst pretending to be for all "The youth of Australia".

Just giving you some context.

LFC2010

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 28, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Boston Celtics

Fail in every single category.

My confidence level in the AFL has never been lower, out 10 it'd be 1 at best.

The guy who made the video (Friendlyjordies) is very pro-Labor but he's also very anti-mainstream media. It's not really a left vs right thing with him, he just thinks mainstream media in pretty much all its forms is inane garbage.

The guy who made the video (Friendlyjordies) is very pro-Labor but he's also very anti-mainstream media. It's not really a left vs right thing with him, he just thinks mainstream media in pretty much all its forms is inane garbage.
So he sees JJJ as mainstream? haha. must be a 3 RRR fan, or does he just listen to obscure internet radio?

Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
I posted this in the Changes thread but it is also relevant here...

Well, once a again Kornes has not pulled any punches. Kane has come out and told Hinkley not to pick an unfit Tom Jonas. Nice try Kane but it isn't going to make any difference.

“He (Hinkley) picked him on reputation rather than fitness and form.
“The only reason he has done is that he is his captain.”

If Jonas is not fit then Kane is right. However, I suspect there is about as much chance of Jonas not running out in Shanghai as there is of Hinkley doing a Brad Scott and announcing, 'this will be my last game in charge'.

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/spor...s/news-story/f4a23ac6e487e109187f9757a6591f13

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
To be honest I liked Kane Cornes' backing Duursma in on the Round So Far. Kade Simpson used Mathieson's shotgun celebration to put him off and it was put to Kane that perhaps the same could be done to Xavier.

"You cannot get inside that kid's head, he is unflappable"

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
Probably belongs in this thread...

Back