Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
In todays footy lift out the head is something along the lines of "Port regain toughness" because you beat Melbourne, even you guys would laugh at that

If that article is 100% positive and doesn't mention cash strapped, cellar dwellers, or any other negative connotation about the Port Adelaide Football Club and/or its players I'll be one very surprised little person.

In todays footy lift out the head is something along the lines of "Port regain toughness" because you beat Melbourne, even you guys would laugh at that

everything in the advertiser is funny but.

Oct 7, 2004
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
This was picked up by a Freo supporter on their board. Apperently we now have Captain Picard playing for us.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sp...remium-duff-who-shone-who-bombed-in-round-17/
probably more appropriate now than ever...

patrick-stewart-facepalm-7c7f5.jpg

And in news worthy of the front page, a Crows supporter got herself knocked up.
I have something quite harsh, but potentially funny to say....but might be considered bad taste.....

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
And in news worthy of the front page, a Crows supporter got herself knocked up.
It is a serious article though. Now that the Cows are definitely playing in the GF on September 29 a lot of their followers need to make very important decisions in order to ensure they are there. :rolleyes:

NFR but Media Watch ran a very good example of the laziness of journos with Adelaide leading the example.

Let the misquoting commence

Natman

Norm Smith Medallist
RIP Port Adelaide - Brendon AhChee Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Jarrad Redden Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Oct 5, 2004
Grange
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
No others are worthy
The soon-to-be AFL Media group will cause a major shake-up at a certain local rag.

PAUR

Club Legend
Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Aug 10, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea
The soon-to-be AFL Media group will cause a major shake-up at a certain local rag.

They've already started making in-roads from my point of view. 12 months ago I only used AFL site for official stuff like stats, suspensions, ladder etc. Now I actually read articles on it - still I am worried that after capturing market share they will revert to an AFL fluff website again

Natman

Norm Smith Medallist
RIP Port Adelaide - Brendon AhChee Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Jarrad Redden Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Oct 5, 2004
Grange
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
No others are worthy
They've already started making in-roads from my point of view. 12 months ago I only used AFL site for official stuff like stats, suspensions, ladder etc. Now I actually read articles on it - still I am worried that after capturing market share they will revert to an AFL fluff website again
Don't worry, they will ferret out a few people who write words.

StrappingTape

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 29, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

They will try to control the debates though.

Controversial rule changes? No, everybody loves the new no tackling rule
Players suspended for pushing their opponent before the bounce in MRP crackdown on violence!? Everybody agrees there's no place for that sort of thuggary in modern football and the MRP and AFL should be commended for taking a strong stand
etc etc

They will try to control the debates though.

Controversial rule changes? No, everybody loves the new no tackling rule
Players suspended for pushing their opponent before the bounce in MRP crackdown on violence!? Everybody agrees there's no place for that sort of thuggary in modern football and the MRP and AFL should be commended for taking a strong stand
etc etc

Way better than what we used to have, which was thinly veiled propaganda in a one paper town.

Twitter, portadelaidefc.com, facebook, even bigfooty has eclipsed the advertiser as the primary source of news for our club. The common person is increasingly relying less and less on print media, which is why you have all experienced The Advertiser trying to give their crud away. The more sources of information the better I say!

The Advertiser is struggling badly, this explains why they have thrown journalistic integrity out the window in search of more sales by pandering to the Crow supporting majority. The day they go under I will merrily dance on their grave.

NFR but Media Watch ran a very good example of the laziness of journos with Adelaide leading the example.

Let the misquoting commence

Another fine example of lazy journalism - Andrew Capel's latest article about Geelong conceding that they have missed out on Travis Boak is literally just a word-for-word transcript of Brian Cook's interview from On The Couch last night.

Power Pete

Cancelled
Jun 11, 2008
MORPHETT VALE
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PAFC MAGPIES - NRL DRAGONS
Don't you just love the Cowtiser today.... not bloody likely! It's all about the Adelaide Cows and their supporters moving to Adelaide Oval. Not only that, all the faces of the people interviewed in the Cowtiser are bloody Cow supporters... not one supporter from the PAFC. Did i miss something? Wasn't it the PAFC and supporters that wanted to go to Adelaide Oval and the Artificial Cows and it's supporters not wanting to go there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back