Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely the media's agenda is not to simply take the high moral ground but to run a distraction campaign drawing our resources, time and energy away from running a football club
Definitely.
My concern is what effect this excessive public shaming will have on the Indigenous lad. I don't know how those gutter journalists and even more pathetic editor sleep at night.

I never buy the advertiser, I don't pay to read any of their crap on the website anyway, but the last few days have completely eradicated the slightest possibility that I ever would. What a collection of lowlife scum.
I haven't bought that table scrap wrapper for at least two years. I don't even take one when they are free after the game at AO.

Despite the News Limited headline he's not actually leaving SA at all. He is opening another office in Queensland to support his push into Queensland developments. He will still be living at Glenelg and will still have an office in Adelaide.

Until a couple of years ago ABC RN used to play the Goon Show before the weekday 6:00am news. I used to listen to it on the wireless. :)
Wireless???

Wireless???
In the context of my reply to mic59's post, yes, wireless. Hence the :)

I laugh at younger people at work who scoff at me when I jokingly refer to the radio as the wireless but then come to me complaining that their laptop won't connect to the wireless. o_O

In the context of my reply to mic59's post, yes, wireless. Hence the :)

I laugh at younger people at work who scoff at me when I jokingly refer to the radio as the wireless but then come to me complaining that their laptop won't connect to the wireless. o_O
You didn't use to listen to "The Archers" as well?

Definitely.
My concern is what effect this excessive public shaming will have on the Indigenous lad. I don't know how those gutter journalists and even more pathetic editor sleep at night.
Hopefully the club have instructed him to totally avoid all media for 2 weeks, which is probably a good suggestion for us as well.

The only people truly noticing the significant level of unbalanced reporting are those who live for footy news every day, even during the off season. The majority of supporters go about their business. In the end none of this will stick as long as Impey lets his footy do the talking.

Hopefully the club have instructed him to totally avoid all media for 2 weeks, which is probably a good suggestion for us as well.

The only people truly noticing the significant level of unbalanced reporting are those who live for footy news every day, even during the off season. The majority of supporters go about their business. In the end none of this will stick as long as Impey lets his footy do the talking.
We need a them v us attitude, the love in since the Walsh Showdown has to stop.

The players need to be focussed on revenge and proving people wrong. Is this healthy?..no, but it does win football games.

Some years ago St Kilda were instructing their players to stay off football chat sites and social media about football. A laudable sentiment but totally impossible to police. They were having more of a problem from their own supporters at the time than opposition supporters. As Ateen7tee said, this could be a good thing to do for a few of us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If The Advertiser were to cease existing tomorrow, imagine how stuffed Valdman would be. Where else but there would a humourless, muckraking, two-bit cartoonist find employment in this day and age?

If anyone can make it happen please do!
I sometimes wonder whether it would be better if the local rag was affiliated with 'The Age' rather than the ‘News Limited’ trash we have to put up with currently. Would this mean greater balance?

Then I realise that it has little to do with the media vehicle itself, but everything to do with the fact that all local content would be drenched with the unbearable stench that emanates from the pores of the unwashed crows ambassadors that permeate through the underbelly of this state. The majority of these individuals pedal the notion that success is not measured by premiership wins, but by the number of parochial inbred customers that take a mild interest in their team’s progress. Such individuals will latch onto any morsel of content that distracts them from the unbearable truth that they support an entity that has no soul!

Last edited:
Some years ago St Kilda were instructing their players to stay off football chat sites and social media about football. A laudable sentiment but totally impossible to police. They were having more of a problem from their own supporters at the time than opposition supporters. As Ateen7tee said, this could be a good thing to do for a few of us.
The Crows were instructed to avoid it too, last year. Seemingly that twit that leads them couldn't quite follow instructions.

I sometimes wonder whether it would be better if the local rag was affiliated with 'The Age' rather than the ‘News Limited’ trash we have to put up with currently. Would this mean greater balance?

Then I realise that it has little to do with the media vehicle itself, but everything to do with the fact that all local content would be drenched with the unbearable stench that emanates from the pores of the unwashed crows ambassadors that permeate through the underbelly of this state. The majority of these individuals pedal the notion that success is not measured by premiership wins, but by the number of parochial inbred customers that take a mild interest in their team’s progress. Such individuals will latch onto any morsel of content that distracts them from the unbearable truth that they support an entity that has no soul!
Creative wording:thumbsu:

If The Advertiser were to cease existing tomorrow, imagine how stuffed Valdman would be. Where else but there would a humourless, muckraking, two-bit cartoonist find employment in this day and age?

If anyone can make it happen please do!

Just be patient.

A month ago, we had a Saturday Advertiser lob into our inner-city courtyard with a flyer telling us how lucky we were to be eligible to receive a free subscription. There was no information about opting out of the subscription so I rang them and told them very bluntly to take our name off the delivery. i was told that it's a free delivery, "just like the Messenger". I told them that I only use the Messenger to clean my BBQ.

I had to tell them three times on the phone that i didn't want it.

Next Saturday... still got a free Advertiser in my courtyard.

If they are going to these lengths to keep their circulation up, then it won't be long before it's dead.

We need a them v us attitude, the love in since the Walsh Showdown has to stop.

The players need to be focussed on revenge and proving people wrong. Is this healthy?..no, but it does win football games.
Agreed

My initial fear was that our recent draftees would be thinking ‘what the hell have they got themselves into’. Now I feel that they have already been educated on the fact that they all have a common enemy in this state, and we haven’t even hit 2017. Here’s hoping its added motivation.

Just be patient.

A month ago, we had a Saturday Advertiser lob into our inner-city courtyard with a flyer telling us how lucky we were to be eligible to receive a free subscription. There was no information about opting out of the subscription so I rang them and told them very bluntly to take our name off the delivery. i was told that it's a free delivery, "just like the Messenger". I told them that I only use the Messenger to clean my BBQ.

I had to tell them three times on the phone that i didn't want it.

Next Saturday... still got a free Advertiser in my courtyard.

If they are going to these lengths to keep their circulation up, then it won't be long before it's dead.

If they don't stop return to sender. Just collect them all and next time you're in Waymouth St lob the whole lot into their foyer.

The thing about the Advertiser and other News Ltd papers is that they don't need to be profitable in and of themselves. Murdoch can afford to run newspapers at a loss. The benefit to him is that it allows him to control (and in states like ours, monopolise) the information being fed to the public by the print media.

That's why they overproduce their product and hand them out for free if and when they don't all get sold. Murdoch doesn't care about your two dollars, he cares about the opportunity to persuade you to support what he wants you to support and vote the way he wants you to vote.

That's why they overproduce their product and hand them out for free if and when they don't all get sold. Murdoch doesn't care about your two dollars, he cares about the opportunity to persuade you to support what he wants you to support and vote the way he wants you to vote.

So either it's not working, or even he thinks the Libs suck in SA? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back