Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never buy the advertiser, I don't pay to read any of their crap on the website anyway, but the last few days have completely eradicated the slightest possibility that I ever would. What a collection of lowlife scum.
Sums it up pretty well. People sometimes ask me why I don't barrack for the Crows when they're playing against a Victorian team - the Adelaide media is a major reason.

Sums it up pretty well. People sometimes ask me why I don't barrack for the Crows when they're playing against a Victorian team - the Adelaide media is a major reason.
Agree - I can't conceive of any circumstances that would tempt me to support the crows and the continual sucking up of the local media certainly reinforces that.

So either it's not working, or even he thinks the Libs suck in SA? ;)
Or Labor are right wing enough due to years of Murdoch propaganda telling them that it's the only way to get elected.

I haven't bought that table scrap wrapper for at least two years. I don't even take one when they are free after the game at AO.
As I've said previously, if you are in possession of a free Advertiser, you've been ripped off.

I have access to a digital subscription for The Advertiser and I read it almost every day although very selectively. Come at me.

It takes maybe five minutes. I understand the bias and treat anything reported in that publication accordingly. Unfortunately these days the page I tend to spend most time on is the death notices. :(

I read posts from people saying they would never ever read The Advertiser or AdelaideNow who also post that they watch "news" services on the commercial television stations. o_O

I have access to a digital subscription for The Advertiser and I read it almost every day although very selectively. Come at me.

It takes maybe five minutes. I understand the bias and treat anything reported in that publication accordingly. Unfortunately these days the page I tend to spend most time on is the death notices. :(

I read posts from people saying they would never ever read The Advertiser or AdelaideNow who also post that they watch "news" services on the commercial television stations. o_O

I get all my news from here and Twitter. It gives me an idiosyncratic view of the world. I avoid Facebook. That place is ****ed up.

I get all my news from here and Twitter. It gives me an idiosyncratic view of the world. I avoid Facebook. That place is stuffed up.
Pretty much the same for me. Footy news is strictly here or stuff that the club puts out. My other half is happy to live under a rock so the news gets a run on TV about twice a year.

If they don't stop return to sender. Just collect them all and next time you're in Waymouth St lob the whole lot into their foyer.
This reminds me of a story from my youth:
Several years ago one of my many, many, many siblings (but unfortunately she is the simple one - one has to be out of that many) did a "survey" in town (Scientology hook them in 101) and then they would not leave her alone. They sent her so much indoctrinating paperwork they must have wiped out half of the Brazillian Rainforest.

My mother was sick of telling them politely that she was not interested so my dear old Ma (a very patient, protective and possibly vindictive woman) gathered up all of their paperwork and using a multi hole puncher and far too many hours of toil, she reduced their paperwork, into a garbage bag of millions of little punched holes of paper.

My mother marched into their head office in town and dumped that garbage bag of confetti onto their reception desk and then proceeded to push it all over the desk and floor and very politely announced I am just returning your literature that my daughter does not want, but you don't seem to have understood even though she has telephoned you, written and told you many times. So we are returning it to you and we would appreciate it if you no longer sent us this material. She was very polite, my mother is a very dignified lady but I wouldn't recommend pissing her off.

So finally the moral of the story if anyone has the time or inclination perhaps they could return the unwanted Advertiser's back to their head office in a similar way. After all you are not doing anything wrong but returning their property.

This reminds me of a story from my youth:
Several years ago one of my many, many, many siblings (but unfortunately she is the simple one - one has to be out of that many) did a "survey" in town (Scientology hook them in 101) and then they would not leave her alone. They sent her so much indoctrinating paperwork they must have wiped out half of the Brazillian Rainforest.

My mother was sick of telling them politely that she was not interested so my dear old Ma (a very patient, protective and possibly vindictive woman) gathered up all of their paperwork and using a multi hole puncher and far too many hours of toil, she reduced their paperwork, into a garbage bag of millions of little punched holes of paper.

My mother marched into their head office in town and dumped that garbage bag of confetti onto their reception desk and then proceeded to push it all over the desk and floor and very politely announced I am just returning your literature that my daughter does not want, but you don't seem to have understood even though she has telephoned you, written and told you many times. So we are returning it to you and we would appreciate it if you no longer sent us this material. She was very polite, my mother is a very dignified lady but I wouldn't recommend pissing her off.

So finally the moral of the story if anyone has the time or inclination perhaps they could return the unwanted Advertiser's back to their head office in a similar way. After all you are not doing anything wrong but returning their property.

Lol wow go mum!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Send Wendi Deng an anonymous tip that Rupert had a secret account she didn't know about at the time of the divorce.

The only issue with stuff like this is that the person responsible for your requests going unheard isn't going to be the poor bastard who has to clean it up.

Now, if you could somehow find a way to dump your shredded Advertisers in Rupert Murdoch's office, then go for your life.
:huh: So you reckon Rupert is going to clean it up himself then?

It always bugs me the lack of competition there is for news media in Adelaide, I wish Fairfax were in Adelaide

Kerry Stokes is WA's Rupert Murdoch (Ch7, The West Australian), especially since his Seven West Media recently bought the Sunday Times/Perth Now from News, Limited, but Kerry is generally seen as a 'good bloke'. We have a WA version of The Age/SMH web sites (WA Today), but no Faifax owned newspaper.

I think Fairfax controls the Macquarrie radio network and Channel 10, so together with the ABC, too much Walid Aly is barely enough.

The cowvertiser must have worked out that they've drawn everything they can out of the Impey incident. There was only one story today and that was on page 66, six pages in from the back page. The part that was about Impey only mentioned that he was able to play in the JLT and took up about 1/18 of the page.

The cowvertiser must have worked out that they've drawn everything they can out of the Impey incident. There was only one story today and that was on page 66, six pages in from the back page. The part that was about Impey only mentioned that he was able to play in the JLT and took up about 1/18 of the page.
Let's see how FiveAA go. It has been 4 days straight now of #impeysaturation. I have noticed they have this fantastic tactic of bringing up their 'issue of the week' (usually some negative PAFC story) with each and every guest they have on, from Gillion Mc to the mascot of the junior league hockey team. Has CryticalCaro been on yet?

One good thing is the tight ship / lips since the initial disclosure

There's been nothing / nada / stonewall about the 'holes' in the story

Hopefully this is a permanent change

Let's see how FiveAA go. It has been 4 days straight now of #impeysaturation. I have noticed they have this fantastic tactic of bringing up their 'issue of the week' (usually some negative PAFC story) with each and every guest they have on, from Gillion Mc to the mascot of the junior league hockey team. Has CryticalCaro been on yet?

Kornes asked Bickley "Have we heard anything from Port Adelaide yet?" and then played the crickets chirping.

Kornes asked Bickley "Have we heard anything from Port Adelaide yet?" and then played the crickets chirping.
Kornes is an absolute campaigner and should be banned from the club.

What makes his situation worse is that he would know Jars well personally, having played alongside him, so you would expect a bit more compassion and concern. But it seems that he may be happy to put that aside to fall into line with the 5aa agenda. Pretty poor.

Ken gave him his career back, the club gave him respect back. He's shat all over it in return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back