Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
fa96f937718a8594faa5c86ec1b499f1.jpg
What's up with the 'drae' logo behind them, even?

Tony Jones lead host on Sunday footy show ugh, opened up with letting the Vic watchers know who Kane Cornes is because of course he played 300 games for a club no one in Melbourne knows anything about.

If it was the other Tony Jones (the ABC one) he would have been introduced as follows:

"Kane Cornes, whose mother Nicole Cornes was famously slandered by a vile, Tony Abbott inspired sexist taunt from AFL media heavyweight Mick Molloy"

Tony Jones lead host on Sunday footy show ugh, opened up with letting the Vic watchers know who Kane Cornes is because of course he played 300 games for a club no one in Melbourne knows anything about.

The flog then mocked Kochie about his tweet at expecting the club to play finals before allowing Kornes to continue his stubborn opinion about how key figures at the club weren't happy at Kochie for putting the heat on Ken.

Wish Kane would just butt out, he's not apart of the club anymore stop trying to start fires where there are none.
Kane has pissed me off ever since his selfish final season and his retirement to be his dad.

The flog then mocked Kochie about his tweet at expecting the club to play finals before allowing Kornes to continue his stubborn opinion about how key figures at the club weren't happy at Kochie for putting the heat on Ken.

Wish Kane would just butt out, he's not apart of the club anymore stop trying to start fires where there are none.

My issue with Cornes is he acts buddy buddy with the players, but then shits on them in opinion pieces. It isn't just reporting on negative aspects of the club, which is naturally ok, but it feels like he tries to start fires for the sake of his career. He has that perennially South Australian media feel about him similar to his Dad. I love that he gets lippy when people abuse him on Twitter, but I do wish he would ease back on the whisper/rumours type information, its shitty journalism.

The conceited nature of their slogan aside, what is the problem? The Adelaide Crows are a South Australian team. Is Port Adelaide not Port Adelaide, or South Australian, because half of our players hail from Victoria?
It has nothing to do where their players come from, for me it is calling a team that was created, and funded by the AFL, to represent women's football in SA and the NT "the pride of South Australia".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

and the state government!
and the NT government.

Link
"AFL Northern Territory (AFLNT) ... have welcomed a decision by the Northern Territory Government (NTG) to increase its commitment to the Crows AFL Women’s team.

NT Minister for Tourism and Culture Lauren Moss on Saturday announced that the NT Labor Government had doubled the team’s funding to $300,000 over two years."

Last edited:
I would very much like to see the "Max Basheer Stand" renamed the "Erin Phillips Stand" and the "Wee Licker Room" renamed the "Chelsea Randall Room".
Was pretty funny when Basheer was met with loud booing when he tossed the coin at the first redeveloped AO game in 2014.

Was pretty funny when Basheer was met with loud booing when he tossed the coin at the first redeveloped AO game in 2014.
I believe it is an insult to the PAFC to have a stand at our home ground named after that campaigner. At least the Wee Licker Room is out of sight.

My issue with Cornes is he acts buddy buddy with the players, but then shits on them in opinion pieces. It isn't just reporting on negative aspects of the club, which is naturally ok, but it feels like he tries to start fires for the sake of his career.
I guess he left the MFS for the media because he prefers starting fires to putting them out.

I guess he left the MFS for the media because he prefers starting fires to putting them out.
My understanding from a couple of firies I know is that he more likely left because he didn't get the special treatment he believed he deserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back