Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question just popped into my head. Who is SA's premier media dickhead: Graham Cornes, Ken Cunningham, Andrew Jarman or somebody not listed?

Warran Partland imo. Not as overtly loud and obnoxious as the others, but far more set in the old ways than even Graham Cornes. Closely followed by Rowe then Cornes.

That era of Glenelg players were my most hated of footballers.

Scott Salisbury
David Marshall
Ross Gibbs
The Stringer brothers.

Dammit, I want to punch someone in the office right now.

Wayne Henwood. Kym Hodgeman. Paul Weston. Peter Maynard. good ole Robin Kidney - the list goes on haha.

Tony Symonds. Really was a team full of utensil munchers.

Is "sperm swirlers" taking it too far?

This is one for the media...scratches head thread thread,

Alex, a lot of diehard SANFL fans don't care for the AFL. I have not been to an AFL games for years but I go to SANFL games even when not working. I would not have such an issue with the Magpies if they were called the Power reserves just like the Crows.
Andrew Capel
b6ee88ac-eb12-4717-961b-242e80dc9747.jpg

If this guy hasn't been to an AFL game for years what the * is he doing writing about the AFL ? and they wonder why I call him Crapel.

I am not sure why Crapel dislikes the Port Magpies being called the Magpies in the SANFL, maybe he is just another Port hater?

Alex, a lot of diehard SANFL fans don't care for the AFL. I have not been to an AFL games for years but I go to SANFL games even when not working. I would not have such an issue with the Magpies if they were called the Power reserves just like the Crows.
Andrew Capel

If this guy hasn't been to an AFL game for years what the **** is he doing writing about the AFL ? and they wonder why I call him Crapel.

I am not sure why Crapel dislikes the Port Magpies being called the Magpies in the SANFL, maybe he is just another Port hater?
Ha ha. I don't bother with the advertiser much anymore and this kinda explains why. But TBH i didn't mind some of the stats / analysis he spat out. It sure as s**t beat most of the lazy 'opinion pieces', like Cornes'.

Andrew Capel

If this guy hasn't been to an AFL game for years what the **** is he doing writing about the AFL ? and they wonder why I call him Crapel.

The fixation with this amongst the NoAFLinSANFL set is bizarre.

How would the Magpies being branded Power Reserves - something that they've been promising will happen every year since 2014 despite any outside influence having zero say on it - affect them?

Sending PAFC SANFL back to year zero? Well, 2 premierships versus 36?

Playing the whole, 'see, you're not since 1870!!11' card?

It's beyond pointless.

How would the Magpies being branded Power Reserves - something that they've been promising will happen every year since 2014 despite any outside influence having zero say on it - affect them?

It's beyond pointless.
It's all they have

Andrew Capel

Would rather call the AFL side the Maggies and then rename the SANFL team the Maggies reserves but that's never going to happen.

Just leave it as it is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

will there ever come a day when the SANFL fanboys just accept that AFL reserves teams are a part of every state league, that the SANFL is a second tier competition and

just
get
over
it?

The thing that really gets me about Crapel's tweet is that he openly admits to not having 'seen an AFL game for years'. Surely that cannot be right? Surely he meant, been to an AFL game for years? Even then it is a revelation.

The thing about the Port Magpies is par for the course and we have come to expect it from almost all in the SA media so there is no sense in getting upset about it. The other revelation is mind boggling though. How can a guy who has not seen an AFL game for years profess to know anything about the subject?

The thing that really gets me about Crapel's tweet is that he openly admits to not having 'seen an AFL game for years'. Surely that cannot be right? Surely he meant, been to an AFL game for years? Even then it is a revelation.

The thing about the Port Magpies is par for the course and we have come to expect it from almost all in the SA media so there is no sense in getting upset about it. The other revelation is mind boggling though. How can a guy who has not seen an AFL game for years profess to know anything about the subject?
Capel is actually a Essendon fan as well being a big Glenelg man. He is stuck in the 90's as much as any of the old SANFL boys.

Andrew Capel

If he dislikes the AFL so much he doesnt go, despite his role as a 'professional' journalist covering footy, I am sure there are plenty inspired journos coming through to replace the twat

will there ever come a day when the SANFL fanboys just accept that AFL reserves teams are a part of every state league, that the SANFL is a second tier competition and

just
get
over
it?

No. But there will come a time when they've all died off.

If he dislikes the AFL so much he doesnt go, despite his role as a 'professional' journalist covering footy, I am sure there are plenty inspired journos coming through to replace the twat

No idea what Macca19 does as a day job but I'd be far more interested in reading his thoughts on footy than any Advertiser journos.

No. But there will come a time when they've all died off.

No idea what Macca19 does as a day job but I'd be far more interested in reading his thoughts on footy than any Advertiser journos.
Can you imagine the increase in quality of The Advertiser's back pages if some of our board's more insightful got a spotlight. Insane how print media is still such a controlled, stagnant and political game, little wonder it's in the final throes of extinction.

It's beyond pointless.

The SANFL did something like this once to the Magpies and it seemed to have some effect but thank God they've been told where to go.

Lol and what happened after that?

Gibbs is said to be on 150 games and age 25. Born 1958, 97 games in Perth to end '83 so I *think* that piece is from 1985.

So I think they beat Woodville in the '85 prelim final and go on to win a rare flag is what happens after that. They win in '86 as well, then the Universe returns to normal, history returns from its short holiday and goes marching "onwards to victory" ;)

What's odd in all that positive spin is no mention of why Glenelg were in a prelim final - they got beaten by minor premier and flag favourite North Adelaide the week before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing wrong with it..I agree. Doesnt make that picture any less creepy.
23 or 24 based on a quick google search. Cornes 46 then at the time. The 'non-creepy' rule is (Age / 2) + 7 as the lower partners age for the older to not break the 'non-creep limit'. So a 46 year old gives you a 'that isn't at all weird' range of 30+. Working on the basis the older you are the less the age gap matters, but don't be pathetic.

It wouldn't look so bad if she was dressed as a 23 or 24 year old. That photo is one step short of Graham asking her to put on her old school uniform for the photo. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back