Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 6

Andre

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Thread starter #1
No point denying the results were a bit different, more dire on our part, but it isn't like the crows showed much to be proud of either, against lesser opposition, when they were raging favorite.
It looks more dire for the score, but we the 'expected' result for the 2007 GF was 6 - 8 goal loss for us. Take it as 7 goals, we were worse than the line by 12 goals. Adelaide were 3 - 5 goal favourite and went down by 8. So missed the line by 12 goals. It's because most nuff nuff's can't see beyond the scoreline we'll continue to cop it, when they underperformed just as much. Worse when if we'd have hit the line we'd still have lost, but they'd have been premiers. 119 will get even more of a run the next 12 months then usual though for 'DEFLECT! DEFLECT! DEFLECT!'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

edgie

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
I didn't watch the game yesterday so I've just settled in to catch the scheduled replay on 7 mate only to see some very old car restoration show playing. Surely the local channel 7 isn't so piss week they'd bump the replay on their 3rd channel to spare the feelings of the apricot slice brigade? Would they?

They ******* have haven't they?

Piss weak campaigners

Edit - it's started half hour late. Original plan must have included all post match crow celebrations. Not needed now
Sounds more interesting anyway

Sent from mTalk

Pt Augusta Power

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I must have missed the last quarter? Where was this brave fightback?

All I seen was the favourites and minor premiers go down by 8 goals to the team that snuck into the top 4 with %

Pt Augusta Power

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Love the headline 'we will stick together to get the job done'. Seriously stick together ? In a weeks time we know that 2 that played yesterday will be asked to be traded.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

finbarr

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
First caller I heard today "The crows started like a house on fire then the umpires decided to impose themselves on the game and give it to Richmond"
Yeah, followed by that "Port supporter" who claimed the umpires always favour the Victorian teams in the grand finals and that Adelaide were robbed.

If you are in fact a Port supporter we don't want you.

raptalia

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
Leif Forest on the Sunday Roast:

"I've chosen not to read out the negative emails."

#balance
Leif Forest started his media career as producer for KG Cunningham and David Hookes. That should tell us something.

I used to call AA regularly and Forest would ask what you wanted to talk about, if it was too much like the truth you never got to air or if you did get to air and put Cunningham on the spot you were cut off. He has not changed much.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies
Moderator #17
Jai's dribble was worth skimming for this heartbreaking post-game image of Josh "Stuck-Around-And-Still-Isn't-A-Premiership-Player" Jenkins, who predictably spudded it up worse than anyone in Grand Final history...

View attachment 422893
You can see him thinking 'How could my teammates let me down like this?'

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies
Moderator #18
Gee whiz.

As far as those sort of 'jobs' go, they don't get much easier than going in as warm favourites against a good but by no means invincible opponent, after registering imposing back-to-back home finals wins.

And they started like a house on fire, with the first two goals and what was a handy quarter time lead.

They will never, ever, have a better chance of winning a premiership than they did yesterday.
But then the umpires tribes, the umpires!

We all float down here.

Grave Danger

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
Leif Forest started his media career as producer for KG Cunningham and David Hookes. That should tell us something.

I used to call AA regularly and Forest would ask what you wanted to talk about, if it was too much like the truth you never got to air or if you did get to air and put Cunningham on the spot you were cut off. He has not changed much.

Allegedly a Carlton supporter, despite the odd "we" creeping in every now and again when talking about TROSA.

raptalia

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
Allegedly a Carlton supporter, despite the odd "we" creeping in every now and again when talking about TROSA.
Yes, he and Ashley Porter were both bluebaggers. KG would often use Forest as a sounding board when his pro Crow stance was questioned. I can hear it now, 'Righto you're a Carlton supporter Lieth, how how how wwwould you feel if Port were allowed to enter the AFL' ?

PS If anyone is interested the Crow players will be presented to their fans at the Adelaide Oval at 3.00 pm.Well I just thought I would mention it.;)

beenreal

All Australian
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide

I know Leith and he's no Crow lover, he just works for a crow-loving station on the ageing, static-filled AM band that can't afford to alienate their ageing, static-filled listenership.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yes, he and Ashley Porter were both bluebaggers. KG would often use Forest as a sounding board when his pro Crow stance was questioned. I can hear it now, 'Righto you're a Carlton supporter Lieth, how how how wwwould you feel if Port were allowed to enter the AFL' ?

PS If anyone is interested the Crow players will be presented to their fans at the Adelaide Oval at 3.00 pm.Well I just thought I would mention it.;)
Surely all of their 600,000 members will be there.

Top Bottom