Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

To know the big head didnt start the show at the same time as rooch really says a lot, the irony isnt lost that hes starting on April 1.

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app
He couldn’t start until April 1st due to his 5AA contract, not because he wanted a longer Holliday.

I like footy shows about footy. I’ll cop AFL360 but that’s about it. You know my old mate I just liked footballers much better when they didn’t have personalities.

If I wanted to watch a variety show I’d dig up Hey Hey it’s *****ing Saturday and then uppercut myself for being a campaigner that watches variety shows. B
That's the problem. Footy players still don't have personalities but now they are televising them. Who let them speak?

Lehmo is South Australian isn't he?

Well at least he's one of those South Australians that heads to Melbourne to pretend they're not from SA.

A mate of a mate came up with Lehmo back in the 90s when there was a bit of a stand-up scene in town.

He reckons Lehmo sabotaged his brilliant, blistering comedy career. Apparently, one night old mate borrowed Lehmo's shmick brand new speaker for a routine and slightly damaged it or some s**t. Lehmo blew-up and got him blacklisted, or so he claims, lol.

Twenty years later, old mate is still insanely bitter and will bore you to death recounting the big "what if?" of his stand-up career.

Dunno, what if you had better material, you unfunny campaigner?

Last edited:
My question is this: Is Hannah Gadsby as funny as the media suggests?

Nanette is one of the most polarising things I’ve seen.

In 10-20 years it will either be seen as a touchstone of LGBTI/W entertainment or dated spawn of zeitgeist in similar league with Yahoo Serious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its taken for granted that you are all former Magill Reformatory boys.

The mrs and I watched the Nanette thing. Well, we watched about 45 minutes of it and dozed off. Not a laugh was had.

lol I see Rucci all the time on Pirie St. My lord the guy looks like a down on his luck slob lawyer.

Endearing in a way.
The South Australian who moves to Melbourne is even more insufferable than the Australian who moves to London or New York.

*backs quietly out of the thread*

She is* but Nanette is not the place to look for big laughs. That wasn't her aim with that show. There are jokes in there but it is more of an attempt at catharsis and to get people to look at themselves critically. As such, many of those who most need that reflection will not be moved by it.

* Gadsby's style is very dry in the first place.

I found parts of Nanette funny, in an empathise-with-someone's-awkward-situational-story kind of way. I like her dry style too.

I don't see what's revolutionary about it though. It seems like she's just telling stories about her life, the people in it, some bad, some good, a load of pathos, with some banal commentary about 'men who won't get it'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back