(Log in to remove this ad.)

GremioPower

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"
Uruguayana, RS (BRA) [last: Rockville, MD (USA)]
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Cleveland Indian
Of course if it's for the crows it's for South Australia ... wonder if they will raise their knitting needles over their heads?

https://www.fiveaa.com.au/news/Jimm...n-To-Use-One-Of-His-Songs-But-There-s-A-Catch

Aussie rock icon Jimmy Barnes has given the Adelaide Crows the green light to use one of his anthems pre-game… but he has one condition.
In an upcoming episode of Conversations with Cornesy, Graham suggested the Crows could use ‘No Second Prize’ in the same way Port Adelaide use ‘Never Tear Us Apart’ by INXS.
"But I’m a Port Adelaide supporter,” Barnesy says. “My mates in the port would kill me if I did a song for the Crows.”
CORNESY: “But it’s bigger than Port Adelaide. It’s for the state -- no second prize.”
BARNESY: “I guess it’s a good song -- if the Crows want to use it they can, but I’m going to come and sing it in a Port Adelaide jumper.”
South Australia.png

GremioPower

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"
Uruguayana, RS (BRA) [last: Rockville, MD (USA)]
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Cleveland Indian
Any Asterix reference gets a like from me.
I have more than 30 stories, a box with 6 movies, and two plush dolls (an Asterix and an Obelix). I LOVE ASTERIX THE GAUL!

bomberclifford

Importer/Exporter
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies
I have more than 30 stories, a box with 6 movies, and two plush dolls (an Asterix and an Obelix). I LOVE ASTERIX THE GAUL!
I've just bought a big batch of second hand books for my kids and they can't get enough of him.

They're even picking up on the joke names after I explained a few of them.

Andre

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Thread starter #9,261
I've just bought a big batch of second hand books for my kids and they can't get enough of him.

They're even picking up on the joke names after I explained a few of them.
So you've given them a rundown of the Vital Statistix then. Asterik, along with Tintin were the two one's loved as a kid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NoddyHolder

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Jayzus, Kay-Gee looks like he's already been embalmed.

To be able to carve out a 50+ year career in radio and television while having the intellectual capacity of a 7 year old, and a debilitating speach impediment is remarkable. To be able to continue that career after you're actually dead is astonishing.
No wonder he's a fruchoctopian national treasure

Top Bottom