Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good as any spot for this excerpt from 'Unpredictable AFL season brings fun to the game'.

"..... Although lauding an easy win over a cold Power at the MCG is a little like talking beating the family dog at Scrabble ......"

Not criticising, in fact I laughed, it's just our little spot in quite a good article.

I guess we deserve all the criticism and smarts that come our way. Hopefully we can turn things around post Ken when that time arrives.

Because instead of being settled by convicts, South Australia emerged from a mix of religious zealots and bohemians and some dude called Wakefield, hence disappearing kiddies, bodies in barrels and burnt severed heads of transgender pro wrestling truck drivers. Not my words - prizewinning journalist Sean Fewster.

Shakes head.
Ambassador Wrinkles is a Victorian.

I don't get it. When we're on top of our game the media is constant in its efforts to destabilize. When some action is desperately needed, it's "nothing to see here". Would almost welcome Elspeth door-stopping at Alberton demanding answers. I'm assuming she doesn't know the questions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of you will be much too young to remember, but very early Norman Gunston interviews, before anyone really knew what he was about, are some of the funniest things you will see.

He became a parody of himself. Once he'd won a Logie and got himself a fabulously well paid series of cigarette commercials.

He became a parody of himself. Once he'd won a Logie and got himself a fabulously well paid series of cigarette commercials.
Yeah, once everyone knew who he was, the interviews lost that whole 'wtf' element that had made them so funny. After that he was a better straight actor than he was a comedian.

Had a back-and-forth with a confirmed Fruchoctopian Boomer on Twitter awhile back, who was genuinely of the mindset that fights and other crowd disturbances only occur at Port games.

We can say what we like about Seven and their partnership with Adelaide, you can’t argue with the results.

Trump would gag for that kind of media protection

Talking of Logies, only 2 ABC personality who have won gold logies are Norman Gunston and Tom Glesson. Says something about the ABC and the logies that their most popular personalities ever, were just taking the piss.

Had a back-and-forth with a confirmed Fruchoctopian Boomer on Twitter awhile back, who was genuinely of the mindset that fights and other crowd disturbances only occur at Port games.

We can say what we like about Seven and their partnership with Adelaide, you can’t argue with the results.
Hilarious that Ten news stated they were Crows fans, then Fagan’s club immediately comes out with a rebuttal on Twitter. Must be terrible when you can’t control the message from every news organisation

Yeah, once everyone knew who he was, the interviews lost that whole 'wtf' element that had made them so funny. After that he was a better straight actor than he was a comedian.

Norman Gunston did have his serious moments...

So listening to Monty then, I gather it was live, just in the car for a minute, what team has he been coaching in because the one he was mentioning didn't seem like the one I've seen myself lately?

Was curious to see who's been on the list since 2014PF. Came across this little nugget.

The attention to detail by the communications department is marginally better than our gameplan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back