Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
TEuPo5G.jpg

Rowie and Bicks fake pose that we should have been in the AFLW rather than China. They know very well that the AFL told us they would only have one womens team from SA. What flogs they are!!
Lol, exactly, we were never getting the first AFLW team.
What an idiotic comment of his.

Plus, what he has obviously missed that we ARE building our future AFLW teams from the grass roots up, doing the hard yards, not just taking from the NT etc.

I thought Rowey was supposedly all about grass roots, not the AFL destroying local footy. So you'd think he's praise what we are doing for grass roots AFLW.

Of course, if you follow the Crows you are used to having the advantage constantly given to you.

It does piss me off though:
Crows First AFL team (get the sponsors first)
Crows First AFLW team (get the sponsors first)

Does make it tougher for us but not from our own choice and is a massive leg up to them that they really didn't need.

Still, Rowey is still smarting from the JLT result obviously so is having his usual dig.

Never underestimate the power of the AFL to orchestrate an incredible 'once in a lifetime' result for a Victorian Club.

Leniency at the Tribunal v the death penalty for others committing similar acts, incredibly bias umpiring performances that seemingly go without scrutiny by the media in general that tend to set the 'tone' of a game early followed by a late rush of 'even-up' free kicks to the side on the bad end of the umpiring late in the game, differing rule-sets that seem to be played by the two opposing sides.

If it was truly level playing field I'd say 'no problem', but too much happens throughout the course of a season for it to be just that.

Geelong? maybe, especially if their midfield is up and about. Hawthorn still seem a fair way off the mark though.

Well we all saw the lengths they went to to ensure a Western Bravedogs premiership...

Hutchie will be going National with SEN soon. Penbo, Rowey and co will be dead in the water.

I did hit him up for an indication of this but nothing unfortunately. We can hope.

Plus, what he has obviously missed that we ARE building our future AFLW teams from the grass roots up, doing the hard yards, not just taking from the NT etc.

I thought Rowey was supposedly all about grass roots, not the AFL destroying local footy. So you'd think he's praise what we are doing for grass roots AFLW.

Of course, if you follow the Crows you are used to having the advantage constantly given to you.

Does make it tougher for us but not from our own choice and is a massive leg up to them that they really didn't need.

Still, Rowey is still smarting from the JLT result obviously so is having his usual dig.
I really cannot see any benefit in having the first Aflw team in the state. Support has stagnated and dwindles, there is zero profit in it so why worry so much.

I really cannot see any benefit in having the first Aflw team in the state. Support has stagnated and dwindles, there is zero profit in it so why worry so much.

If we did it, we wouldn't have been doing it for money, and nor should we. That's crows talk.

It just wasn't the right time for us with so many other ventures like the indigenous academies and programs plus China. There is only so much community minded work we can pack in before it becomes detrimental or it impairs the quality of what we deliver.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else just happen to see the story on Channel 7 News about the "fugitive" who led police on a chase and caused local businesses to go into lockdown?

At the very end of the bulletin they did an extreme close-up of the Port cap in his car......

I did actually laugh out loud.

I get the feeling we were told they will get one because of our inferior financial position.

Fair enough I guess, but surely West Coast has a much better financial position than Freo, and same goes for GWS/Sydney. Meanwhile Vic is a different kettle of fish, but Hawks, Tiges, Dons are all big money teams that missed out.

I feel like if we hadn't been going in to China, and had actually put forward a proposal that included Phillips commitment and Port's long-standing place in SA female footy we could have had a decent chance.

I'm basing this on nothing but guesswork though.

And our marquee player=their team=their premiership. Lol

Anyone else just happen to see the story on Channel 7 News about the "fugitive" who led police on a chase and caused local businesses to go into lockdown?

At the very end of the bulletin they did an extreme close-up of the Port cap in his car......

I did actually laugh out loud.
Can’t expect anything less from $even...

Hutchie will be going National with SEN soon. Penbo, Rowey and co will be dead in the water.

For Port supporters and those of other AFL clubs I agree, but there will still be plenty of fruit tingle barrackers around who won't be able to handle anything that isn't a non stop pussy kiss for all things South Australian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back