Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arguably worse. Consider every "well you joined our league" argument ever made.

The sooner there are more (non-AFL owned) non-Victorian teams than Victorian teams, the better.

The general cricket conversation on SEN is as humourous as it is predictable.
Ostensibly it’s “who do you think should come into the Australian team for the Boxing Day Teat?”.
In reality the conversation ends up being “Which Victorian should come into the Australian team for the Boxing Day Test should Victorian Peter Handscomb suffer the misfortune of being dropped?”.

You should see how shitty Victorians get when you suggest that Adelaide is like Melbourne, but with better weather, less hipsters and affordable housing

It's usually "yeah, and nothing to do either"

They never specify what, I can't think of anything you can do in Melbourne that you can't do in Adelaide

You should see how shitty Victorians get when you suggest that Adelaide is like Melbourne, but with better weather, less hipsters and affordable housing

They never specify what, I can't think of anything you can do in Melbourne that you can't do in Adelaide

If you read bigfooty you'd assume that all the Victorians here part of the 20% that live in the cool and expensive inner city and bayside suburbs and not in the vast expanses of suburbia which are barely indistinguishable to any other Australian capital city.

Macquarie Sports Radio is a better sports radio station as it actually brodcasts in Sydney Melbourne Brisbane and Perth. Its coverage of all sports is better then SEN. SEN is a better AFL station.

Last edited:
Remember my Dad taking me to a game at Whitten Oval as a kid what a shithole and the natives lol but something something bogans Adelaide eh

Ostensibly it’s “who do you think should come into the Australian team for the Boxing Day Teat?”.
In reality the conversation ends up being “Which Victorian should come into the Australian team for the Boxing Day Test should Victorian Peter Handscomb suffer the misfortune of being dropped?”.
They all think Head is a dud but Handscomb who stands back in his crease far enough to jerk off the keeper would be hard done by if dropped.

Generally, I find that people who hate Adelaide have either never been to Adelaide, have never left Australia (trust me, as someone who's been all through Europe and the USA, there's way worse places than Adelaide) or are standup comedians with unoriginal material they think will go over well at the Melbourne Comedy Festival after they've performed at the Adelaide Fringe the month before

Yesterday a caller said Handscomb should stay in the team because he can catch, old mate agreed with him. How very Kenneth George of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Macquarie Sports radio is a better sports radio station as it actually brodcasts in Sydney Melbourne Brisbane and Perth. Its coverage of all sports is better then SEN. SEN is a better AFL station.

Thanks. I’ve just tuned in. More and better rugby league content. David Morrpw goes ok. Was a great commentator on the ABC in the 80’s, but turned into a bit of a clown in more recent times.

The app isn’t working for me but streaming directly off the web page works well.

Generally, I find that people who hate Adelaide have either never been to Adelaide, have never left Australia (trust me, as someone who's been all through Europe and the USA, there's way worse places than Adelaide) or are standup comedians with unoriginal material they think will go over well at the Melbourne Comedy Festival after they've performed at the Adelaide Fringe the month before

haha yes. first few weeks we moved to SYD we went to a regular monday night standup event. right on cue, all the Adelaide jokes. decent standard apart from that oddity. why can't they do some sort of impromptu audience headcount of Tasmanians, like any regular comedian outside of SYD or MEL would do? ;)

Thanks. I’ve just tuned in. More and better rugby league content. David Morrpw goes ok. Was a great commentator on the ABC in the 80’s, but turned into a bit of a clown in more recent times.

The app isn’t working for me but streaming directly off the web page works well.

David Morrow fell short of ABC group think 'standards'...

Veteran ABC broadcaster David Morrow will return to the airwaves next week before joining long-time colleague Warren Ryan in retirement at the end of the season.

Morrow was stood down following an on-air incident during the Roosters-Bulldogs clash on May 23, which was effectively Ryan's last shift with the station.

The ABC launched an investigation into allegations Ryan had made a racist remark, while Morrow was being investigated for finding the remark humorous.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/da...fore-retiring-in-november-20140724-zwjxt.html

I saw Rohan Connolly's tweet the other day that MSR have employed him to do the hour before the big bash starts so 6-7 EST / 5.30-6.30 SA with his RoCo show. I forgot that last night was the first BBL game and tuned it at 6.28 when he was winding up. Will tune in tonight from the start.

They split the breakfast show for the NRL and AFL markets. Sydney and Brisbane get Mark Levy and ex St George player Mark Piggy Riddell. In Melbourne and Perth they have Jimmy Bartel, Tony Shaw and Nathan Thompson the guy with the chubby face from AFL media who does a segment with Garry Lyon on the AFL website as well as other stuff there. The other programs are national programs.

For the test cricket they Chappelli, Boof, Hussey, Rackermann and a few others. They are doing all the tests inc Sri Lanka tour at end of January, the ODI's and all the big bash games.

KT went on there a few times this year, I listened to those podcasts Boss put up in his thread, and that's when I decided to tune in every now and then.

The main difference is quantity. It’s not that Adelaide doesn’t have good events/restaurants/shopping etc it’s that Melbourne has more of these things simply because there’s a bigger population to service. More doesn’t necessarily equate to better though. In my experience it’s largely just “more of the same” and if it’s over 15kms away be sure to pack a lunch because you’re in for a day trip.

If you have the willpower to pry yourself away from Netflix for a few hours you can find something to do in Adelaide just as easily.

Not sure I've missed the grumpy old man with stories from the days of yore role Chappelli plays on the TV commentary.

I don't think they'll be too pleased with the Socceroos squad for the Asian Cup then...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back