Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mate had a chat with former Freo player Cam Sutcliffe about signing on with the Port Magpies for 2019 if anyone is interested in having a read. SA lad, grew up in Kadina before being drafted to the Dockers. Was even playing a bit of social basketball back on the Yorke Peninsula before signing for the upcoming SANFL season:

https://www.oneononesportssa.com.au/one-on-one-with-cam-sutcliffe/
I liked this one:
I said, ‘I still remember the semi-final where you kicked four goals on me in one quarter, and we lost in Perth’ and he said he remembered that one as well.

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Dixon's interview was quite awful to be honest. He had absolutely no idea what was going on around the club. Every question they asked him he responded that he wasn't sure or didn't know. They were easy questions too, not questions he needed to avoid answering at all. He had no idea what impact the new rules were having/how they worked and he clearly didn't watch the game on the weekend despite him saying "Yeah...errr...I watched it on foxtel."
I agree it wasnt great, he is the quintessential country Queenslander, but those two goofballs never tend to have any decent ones, and hell, their questions didnt help! I think the question was more along the lines of how did the defenders feel, did they feel a bit isolated! Grief! Dixon doesnt play down there, hasnt been involved in any match sims, so pretty hard to give an educated answer really.

Alyx

Unbelievably Disconnected
Feb 17, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
He had absolutely no idea what was going on around the club.

Ze2Pc3o.jpg

GoPorts

Premiership Player
Jun 14, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Dixon's interview was quite awful to be honest. He had absolutely no idea what was going on around the club. Every question they asked him he responded that he wasn't sure or didn't know. They were easy questions too, not questions he needed to avoid answering at all. He had no idea what impact the new rules were having/how they worked and he clearly didn't watch the game on the weekend despite him saying "Yeah...errr...I watched it on foxtel."
You've set up a grass roots big footy movement to get Wingard booted from the club, now just laying the groundwork for "Trade Charlie" thread starting August 2019

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Dixon said he doesn’t know what’s going on because he’s focussing on his rehab. Which is fair enough IMO. None of the coaches would talk to him until he can actually train with the main group.

Burton89onegoal

Team Captain
Jan 1, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I would say he was just saying it in a Rex Hunt type of way - if it was Dougal Howard being interviewed, he prob would have called him Ron.

Dixon said he doesn’t know what’s going on because he’s focussing on his rehab. Which is fair enough IMO. None of the coaches would talk to him until he can actually train with the main group.

Wouldn't it be smarter to have players do rehab and at the same time also discuss the gameplan with the coaches. They may not be able to participate in drills, but surely he would have to have a discussion with the coaches about the gameplan. How do we plan on moving the ball, what forward setups are we implementing. If coaches have no conversations with people in the rehab group, then that is one of the reasons we play so poorly.

GoPorts

Premiership Player
Jun 14, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Wouldn't it be smarter to have players do rehab and at the same time also discuss the gameplan with the coaches. They may not be able to participate in drills, but surely he would have to have a discussion with the coaches about the gameplan. How do we plan on moving the ball, what forward setups are we implementing. If coaches have no conversations with people in the rehab group, then that is one of the reasons we play so poorly.
But the rehab room is all the way down the corridor. We'll just tell our main forward target about this year's gameplan the week before he plays

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

N597wJI.png

When did Alberton Oval move to Thebarton?

What's worse is the whole thing was just an ad to not turn up and pay the advertiser money. Probably intentional misdirection.

BUY ADVERTISER KAYO DEAL - GIVE US YOUR MONEY, NOT FILTHY THEBARTON PORTS.

Oct 1, 2014
NeverNevers
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back