Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it has come to my attention, myself and other Port fans I know have been blocked from commenting/liking/sharing on the Shitvertiser Facebook Page...

I know how it feels Rucci...

What a shame I won't have the joy of reading through hundreds of Married at First Site 'News' Stories :(

Can honestly say I never said anything outside of banter, as they didn't.

Andrew Gaff isn't a victim - he's a survivor...

7d2929a3-7e65-4b73-9042-30e8f85cb244.png
This is why I genuinely hate the Eagles... more so than any club in the Comp now.

The guy got paraded around after that incident, sat in the box..

Any decent organisation would put him behind close doors till it blew over. They just rammed him in our faces every day.

This is why I genuinely hate the Eagles... more so than any club in the Comp now.

Any decent organisation would put him behind close doors till it blew over. They just rammed him in our faces every day.

All the ads and recaps of the GF make me sick in my mouth. God help me if Franchise ever win one!

So Gaff was the victim when TJ took him out & also the victim when he took out Brayshaw in an uglier way than when he himself was the victim when TJ took him out?

What does this make Brayshaw?

An inconvenience?

Not to his orthodontist/craniofacial surgeon

dd865bbb-3a3a-45bf-aaac-43c2b6fb54e8.png

I mean, this is the same organisation that knowingly turned a blind eye to their former captain turning into an unhinged meth addict in the name of pursuing a premiership. Said former captain is currently sitting in jail, his life in tatters. Not one member of the club's off field leadership lost their job over that - in fact, the CEO remains in his chair to this day.

Jonas was publicly crucified when he hit Gaff.
He was branded the biggest thug in the AFL and was smashed from every corner of the media for his actions
Anyone would have thought he killed Azaria Chamberlain the way he was treated

Gaff does similar (but worse.. smashes a teenager) and the media and afl put their collective arms around him and paint him as a victim

Get ****ed

Last edited:
It annoys me that Brayshaw has been so nice about it too. I don't know how he does it.

That photo of the two of them shaking hands before their first JLT game, ugh. As far as I'm concerned Brayshaw could've roundhoused Gaff and I wouldn't have thought any less of him for it.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gaff is Victorian isn't he? That would explain it.

I'd be lining up Gaff the same way that Yates lined up Brereton in the 1989 GF if I was playing. Wouldn't even have to be playing for Fremantle either. His sad face just ******* triggers me. I'll give you something to be sad about, you ******* campaigner.

It annoys me that Brayshaw has been so nice about it too. I don't know how he does it.

He's weak. He thinks he's being magnanimous but the reality is that he's just being taken advantage of by a bully, and it is reflected in the way West Coast has completely destroyed Fremantle in WA. The Dockers won't win a flag for the foreseeable future, because that 12 year period after West Coast won a flag in 2006 and then won another flag in 2018 wasn't capitalised on by them.

Losing Gaff should have completely derailed West Coast but the fawning of the media turned it into some bullshit 'do it for Gaff' story where the Eagles had to triumph over adversity.

The whole incident really, really pisses me off.

Blame his bloody father Mark who came out and was all nice and apologetic whist he was in hospital and couldn't talk. It's a bit tough for an 18 year old to come and say my old man is speaking complete bullshit, so don't listen too him.

Blame his bloody father Mark who came out and was all nice and apologetic whist he was in hospital and couldn't talk. It's a bit tough for an 18 year old to come and say my old man is speaking complete bullshit, so don't listen too him.

Wasn’t his brother drafted to West Coast? Probably a case of the family thinking if we make a stink about it the Eagles will delist him. In fact I wouldn’t be surprised if his brother was the one who was pushing the whole conciliatory angle.

It smacks of gotta be nice to the cool kids.

Surely there is a contrarian in the media that could call this BS out.

I thought his father's attitude was in poor taste. Wasn't Brayshaw pissed about it at the time?

At least Angus gave it to Gaff publicly.

Wasn’t his brother drafted to West Coast? Probably a case of the family thinking if we make a stink about it the Eagles will delist him. In fact I wouldn’t be surprised if his brother was the one who was pushing the whole conciliatory angle.
His father Mark Brayshaw is the CEO of the coaches association, and has been for 4 years or so (He was our first AFL GM Marketing back in 1997). So as CEO of the coaches association he wasn't going to put Simpson in a position to publicly fight with him.

His twin brother Hamish was drafted in 2017 so he is still on a 2 year contract. Hamish was a pick in the 60's so he is a marginal AFL player compared to Andrew (who was pick 2) and hasn't debuted yet.

It would be good to get an honest opinion from older brother Angus, but we wont get that for about 15 years.

At least Angus gave it to Gaff publicly.
I must have missed that. I just wrote I'd like to hear an honest opinion from Angus. Will have to dig that up.

His father Mark Brayshaw is the CEO of the coaches association, and has been for 4 years or so (He was our first AFL GM Marketing back in 1997). So as CEO of the coaches association he wasn't going to put Simpson in a position to publicly fight with him.

His twin brother Hamish was drafted in 2017 so he is still on a 2 year contract. Hamish was a pick in the 60's so he is a marginal AFL player compared to Andrew (who was pick 2) and hasn't debuted yet.

It would be good to get an honest opinion from older brother Angus, but we wont get that for about 15 years.

Remember when the Footy Show had an interview with Hall & Staker?

I suspect there’ll be something similar with Gaff & Brayshaw when they’re both retired.

It smacks of gotta be nice to the cool kids.

Surely there is a contrarian in the media that could call this BS out.

I thought his father's attitude was in poor taste. Wasn't Brayshaw pissed about it at the time?

I think people need to actually listen to Gaff's 3AW interview and then read the Perth Now article. Not the headlines.
https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/w...-keys-to-andrew-gaffs-recovery-ng-b881135022z

The 3AW interview was interpreted by Rory Coleman-Heard, a 20 something digital producer for The West who has worked for both AFL clubs in WA. He wasn't going to write a Gaff is a farken campaigner type story. And the subbie at The West then did his work on jazzing up the headline. See

https://twitter.com/rcolemanheard?lang=en

https://www.linkedin.com/in/rory-coleman-heard-90a51967/?originalSubdomain=au

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back