Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least Angus gave it to Gaff publicly.
Ok found it. I didn't realize it was Angus who called out Nisbett's bullshit that the twin brothers and Gaff had played golf the week before. I thought it was Pavlich - via the tweet mentioned in the story. I'll quote the last bit

https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/f...andrew-gaff-says-angus-brayshaw-ng-b88920994z

Brayshaw said the aftermath of the hit had resulted in a “pretty grim night” for the family. “It was really hard. It was good that mum and dad were over there - as good as it can be,” he said.

“Mum is definitely upset, but I feel like it’s probably better that she’s there with him and can look after him.”

His father Mark Brayshaw is the CEO of the coaches association, and has been for 4 years or so (He was our first AFL GM Marketing back in 1997). So as CEO of the coaches association he wasn't going to put Simpson in a position to publicly fight with him.

His twin brother Hamish was drafted in 2017 so he is still on a 2 year contract. Hamish was a pick in the 60's so he is a marginal AFL player compared to Andrew (who was pick 2) and hasn't debuted yet.

It would be good to get an honest opinion from older brother Angus, but we wont get that for about 15 years.

Andrew and Hamish aren't actually twins, even though they went in the same draft.

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Angus Brayshaw's rise was unique.

Took some time out of the game after suffering concussions about a year or two ago.

Had never polled a Brownlow vote until last season where he ends up having a massive year and finishing 3rd overall.
I don't know about "unique" ... More like overdue. He was a star in the making, just held back by his injury issues. As soon as he strung some games together he quickly rose to his potential. He is a star.

Burton89onegoal

Team Captain
Jan 1, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Spot on. Salisbury, Balme and Ditterich, to name a few were far worse

Not sure about that, but Granger was far from the only one with regular tribunal appearances in the 80s (Salisbury, A Stringer, Sims etc).

The Grand Finals between North and Glenelg from 85 to 87 had a lot of brawls, certainly compared to the GF we played in in 80s/early 90s.

Port 2004

Premiership Player
Jun 27, 2012
Bellevue Heighta
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Not sure about that, but Granger was far from the only one with regular tribunal appearances in the 80s (Salisbury, A Stringer, Sims etc).

The Grand Finals between North and Glenelg from 85 to 87 had a lot of brawls, certainly compared to the GF we played in in 80s/early 90s.
Nah. Salisbury kod Anderson, Mark Prior and Richard Champion. Far worse than anything Dave did. Also have a look at Balmes highlights. Absolute filth.

Sims’ behaviour in the 1991 Grand Final would see him deregistered for life today.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Remember when the Footy Show had an interview with Hall & Staker?

I suspect there’ll be something similar with Gaff & Brayshaw when they’re both retired.

I believed Hall when he said he was remorseful and I believe he is a man that has struggled with anger. I also know very well how Staker and his corner felt.

I don't believe for one second that Gaff felt sorry for anybody but himself and I believe some of Brayshaw's have deluded themselves in to having empathy for Gaff.

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
Remember when the Footy Show had an interview with Hall & Staker?

I suspect there’ll be something similar with Gaff & Brayshaw when they’re both retired.

A new Bushells commercial? Andy could say something like, "I've still got the strainer I used for my food, ha ha ha!" as he pours the tea.

Last edited:
Speaking of the Footy Show, just saw the new look line up. Lehmo, Fev, Dylan Alcott, Neroli Meadows and Shane Crawford. Wow. Sounds horrific.
Sounds like they will be going down the NRL footy show route, and have a bit of footy and lots of non footy stuff.

Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Could they seriously be any worse that the outdated drivel/personel the old format had?

From that lineup..... yes they could.

It just looks like they now are trying to copy the front bar with a younger group. They've got Lehmo who isn't funny or commanding enough to be lead guy, Dylan Alcott who I find immensely irritating, token female, and then a genuine imbecile in Fev and a guy that is used to playing the imbecile but suspect will be asked to do more footy analysis which he struggles to keep a straight face doing. As I said, it sounds horrible.

Speaking of the Footy Show, just saw the new look line up. Lehmo, Fev, Dylan Alcott, Neroli Meadows and Shane Crawford. Wow. Sounds horrific.

Interesting career move by Meadows. Must’ve cut her one helluva cheque.

Smithy7

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 1, 2014
South of Scotland
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

It just looks like they now are trying to copy the front bar with a younger group. They've got Lehmo who isn't funny or commanding enough to be lead guy, Dylan Alcott who I find immensely irritating, token female, and then a genuine imbecile in Fev and a guy that is used to playing the imbecile but suspect will be asked to do more footy analysis which he struggles to keep a straight face doing. As I said, it sounds horrible.
The Front Bar will piss all over them.

_VXV

Jesus Horne-Francis
Oct 12, 2014
etHELLton
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

When the panel was introduced last week the 4 men were named but the female co host was announced as an “as yet unnamed female”.
Tokenism

GoPorts

Premiership Player
Jun 14, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
When the panel was introduced last week the 4 men were named but the female co host was announced as an “as yet unnamed female”.
Tokenism
Nah, I think they probably always wanted Medows but as the one who probably has the most integrity she took the longest to come around to agreeing. Either that or they were adding zeros to her cheque

Imagine working hard all your life as a journalist and then being told that your media career is equal to Fev

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Magus

Cancelled
10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks

Lehmo can crawl back into the hole that he escaped from along with Peter Helliar and Dave Hughes. The standard of the average Australian TV presenter really is very low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back