Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but you cannot find it on the extension store, Download it from github as a zip file, extract it, go into the extensions tab in chrome, enable developer mode and drag and drop the extracted folder and it should install.

It works for firefox as well, just download the xpi from the release page on github and drag and drop.
I can't seem to do the bit in bold. I try and drag and drop the anti-paywall-master extracted folder, but it wont let me. Any suggestion what I'm doing wrong?

I can't seem to do the bit in bold. I try and drag and drop the anti-paywall-master extracted folder, but it wont let me. Any suggestion what I'm doing wrong?

Have you enabled developer mode?

Is it coming up with a prompt that says "could not load manifest? it it could be that you aren't copying the root folder, if that makes sense.

1] Open ... chrome://extensions/
2] Top right hand side ... slide to enable Developer Mode
3] Drag and drop entire Folder into this window after you have extracted the Zip file

Worked first time for me.

3] Drag and drop entire Folder into this window after you have extracted the Zip file

Same, and I'm on a Mac.

Yes, but you cannot find it on the extension store, Download it from github as a zip file, extract it, go into the extensions tab in chrome, enable developer mode and drag and drop the extracted folder and it should install.

It works for firefox as well, just download the xpi from the release page on github and drag and drop.

Cheers for the tip. Works a treat.

I worked it out as I had to actually drag the folder in between a couple of existing folders for it to "take."

Its a beauty it not only gets over all News Corp papers in Oz but in UK eg The Times and USA Wall Street Journal etc.

And cricket archive - cricketarchive.com - is excellent to get access to as it was free once, as you can do queries more extensive than on Cricinfo. And the Times - London, LA and NY is good to have access to

This extension currently supports the following websites:
  • adelaidenow.com.au
  • heraldsun.com.au
  • dailytelegraph.com.au
  • couriermail.com.au
  • goldcoastbulletin.com.au
  • geelongadvertiser.com.au
  • theaustralian.com.au
Other Oz publications non Murdoch
  • smh.com.au
  • theage.com.au
Other Murdoch papers in USA and UK
  • thesundaytimes.co.uk
  • thetimes.co.uk
  • wsj.com
  • wsj.net

Other large papers and magazine sites
  • chicagotribune.com
  • economist.com
  • forbes.com
  • ft.com
  • independent.co.uk
  • irishtimes.com
  • latimes.com
  • nationalpost.com
  • newsweek.com
  • newyorker.com
  • nyt.com
  • nytimes.com
  • scmp.com
  • thenation.com
  • washingtonpost.com
Other papers which I don't visit
  • baltimoresun.com
  • barrons.com
  • chicagobusiness.com
  • chip.de
  • clarin.com
  • courant.com
  • dailypress.com
  • durangoherald.com
  • fd.nl
  • haaretz.co.il
  • haaretz.com
  • hbr.org
  • inc.com
  • investingdaily.com
  • kansas.com
  • kansascity.com
  • lanation.com.ar
  • letemps.ch
  • mcall.com
  • medscape.com
  • medium.com
  • nikkei.com
  • nrc.nl
  • ocregister.com
  • orlandosentinel.com
  • quora.com
  • seattletimes.com
  • slashdot.org
  • sun-sentinel.com
  • technologyreview.com
  • thestreet.com

Caller on AA this morning demanding to know why the crows didn't get Scott Lycett. 'He was a free agent'
Heard that and first thought was - you (afc) weren't smart enough, you are cheap payers, you don't value rucks, you don't know his history, you don't know his connection with Sam Gray. Then I just thought, you have no idea.

Heard that and first thought was - you (afc) weren't smart enough, you are cheap payers, you don't value rucks, you don't know his history, you don't know his connection with Sam Gray. Then I just thought, you have no idea.

Another player (Polec the other) very publicly making the choice of Port over them would all be too much for the crows spin department to take. Best they just stay right out of entering into a pitching war.

To be fair though, most of those points also applied to us when Sam Jacobs wanted to come back to SA and we didn't chase him hard. The Port connection was a bonus for us with Lycett, but doesn't always seal the deal (such as when we dropped the ball with Scott Thompson). We've definitely upped our game recently in luring players to the club, which is good!

They really are clueless, Lycett at Port Adelaide as a teenager why the hell would he leave a premiership side to go to another franchise who he has no connection to whatsoever.
Not to mention their appalling history of attracting players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair though, most of those points also applied to us when Sam Jacobs wanted to come back to SA and we didn't chase him hard. The Port connection was a bonus for us with Lycett, but doesn't always seal the deal (such as when we dropped the ball with Scott Thompson). We've definitely upped our game recently in luring players to the club, which is good!
I agree it took the disaster of 2016 and 2018 to wake our club up, but the crows aren't there yet, despite their fans - like ours - understanding the imperative nature of the ruck list management situation

They really are clueless, Lycett at Port Adelaide as a teenager why the hell would he leave a premiership side to go to another franchise who he has no connection to whatsoever.
Not to mention their appalling history of attracting players.
Because they are premiership favourites and the best run club on the land. Don't you read the advertiser or listen to the wireless?

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Leigh Matthews declaring that Essendon were more impressive than Port Adelaide on Good Friday
I was surprised he knew who Port Adelaide is.

(edit originally wrote the wrong day Anzac Day.)

Last edited:
lol Typical crows flogs on SM
they really are the worst

I'm pretty sure the Crows fan was implying that the tribunal gave him one week because North was playing a fellow Victorian team but that he would be back to play the non-Victorian team in Port Adelaide so he could do something to affect Port Adelaide's season too.

Leigh Matthews declaring that Essendon were more impressive than Port Adelaide on Anzac Day.

I was surprised he knew who Port Adelaide is.

You mean Good Friday?

I'm not surprised. Port just invalidated Brisbane's performance against West Coast at the Gabba, because we did it at Optus. Brisbane also got demolished by Essendon a week ago, so of course he's going to talk them up and say what a great team the Bombers are and how good they are travelling, because the only other recourse is to say that Brisbane isn't as good as people thought they were.

He's a Brisbane board member and he's trying to validate the performances of his team and keep them relevant by dismissing the performances of other non-Victorian teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back