Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're probably breaking the New Rules (that have always been the rules anyway) even speculating about it.

Is it speculation though?

I thought it was common knowledge and accepted as something he wanted kept private.

Is it speculation though?

I thought it was common knowledge and accepted as something he wanted kept private.

Allegedly a bit allegedly like allegedly Alan Jones.

Allegedly a bit allegedly like allegedly Alan Jones.

I heard third or fourth-hand (as with everyone and everything in this microcosm of a city) that he announced it to his bewildered South Adelaide players at the first team meeting.

I heard third or fourth-hand (as with everyone and everything in this microcosm of a city) that he announced it to his bewildered South Adelaide players at the first team meeting.

Same.

Had the exact same effect as any opening speech to a group of players at South Adelaide since 1965.

Yep. Including the Junior level players as well.
(Source: family friend was one of the players.)

Gotta admire his upfrontedness for the time. Southern suburbs of Radelaide wasn't the most cosmopolitan of societies back then. (still isn't really, lol)

Jun 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Dwayne is such a hypocrite.

Early in the season he made much of his “don’t wanna do the time, don’t do the crime. Hitting a bloke off the ball isn’t a part of football, never has been” stance. Now he wants Ablett to get off “because he’s a superstar”. That is literally his rationale.

Dwayne, you were quick to go to the tape last night over your “adelaide will win their next 3” comment, why don’t you roll the tape on this one?

Sep 8, 2014
Look behind you!
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Detroit Red Wings, Oakland Raiders
Now he wants Ablett to get off “because he’s a superstar”. That is literally his rationale.
That's literally been every footy media's rationale. Half of 360 was a "Gary is a great bloke" wankfest.

On The Couch starts with Healy asking "how are we going to get Gary Ablett off?"

I assume he was talking about the suspension anyway.

StrappingTape

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 29, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Dwayne is such a hypocrite.

Early in the season he made much of his “don’t wanna do the time, don’t do the crime. Hitting a bloke off the ball isn’t a part of football, never has been” stance. Now he wants Ablett to get off “because he’s a superstar”. That is literally his rationale.

Dwayne, you were quick to go to the tape last night over your “adelaide will win their next 3” comment, why don’t you roll the tape on this one?

Not sure it took a footy "expert" to make the call Adelaide was going to most likely beat three terrible teams with 2 of those games at home.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...l/news-story/9a9e35b6362871cb61de1e8eb313f2b0

St Kilda great Brendon Goddard says Hawthorn is well within its rights to drop Chad Wingard if it helps him break lifelong habits

“There’s a few things we can see he can probably improve on. I think trying to get him to play a certain way, trying to break a lifeline long pattern.

The 334-game AFL player suggested a stint in the VFL might help Wingard break a “lifelong habit” after being in the system for nearly a decade.

“Maybe just with Chad, (it’s) breaking a lifelong habit, I’m assuming he’s been doing it at a junior level and in the AFL system for the last eight or so years.

“That’s where I sympathise with him a bit saying he’s trying to break lifelong habits here and it’s going to take time to be habitual.

I may have misinterpreted, but I think Brendon Goddard thinks Chad needs to break a lifelong habit.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...l/news-story/9a9e35b6362871cb61de1e8eb313f2b0

St Kilda great Brendon Goddard says Hawthorn is well within its rights to drop Chad Wingard if it helps him break lifelong habits

“There’s a few things we can see he can probably improve on. I think trying to get him to play a certain way, trying to break a lifeline long pattern.

The 334-game AFL player suggested a stint in the VFL might help Wingard break a “lifelong habit” after being in the system for nearly a decade.

“Maybe just with Chad, (it’s) breaking a lifelong habit, I’m assuming he’s been doing it at a junior level and in the AFL system for the last eight or so years.

“That’s where I sympathise with him a bit saying he’s trying to break lifelong habits here and it’s going to take time to be habitual.

I may have misinterpreted, but I think Brendon Goddard thinks Chad needs to break a lifelong habit.

I'm curious about this lifelong habit. Breathing? Eating?

Jun 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Not sure it took a footy "expert" to make the call Adelaide was going to most likely beat three terrible teams with 2 of those games at home.

Well yeah, that was partially my point. He rubbed his prediction in everyone’s face from the top of yesterday’s show, going as far as pulling up the audio from a month ago. It was pretty pathetic,.

Well yeah, that was partially my point. He rubbed his prediction in everyone’s face from the top of yesterday’s show, going as far as pulling up the audio from a month ago. It was pretty pathetic,.

It’s ****ing sad.

“Look guys I know footy I’m an expert”

Reeks of desperation to be acknowledged as a legitimate footy guy.

Or something.

Rexie J

Premiership Player
Apr 22, 2012
YP
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Surely the good folk at The Macquarie Dictionary, have duly noted and will now re-define 'great'.

Then again, Goddard did out-sulk Matthew Richardson of tigger fame, so perhaps there is merit in him being great.

Jul 7, 2007
Ziggurat City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
LUFC, Patriots

I call bullsh*t. Fortnite’s been around a couple of years tops.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PowerForGood

2020. The year the competition became terminal. Ju
10k Posts
Sep 1, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Lakers, Rabbitohs
Well at least we learned today that Himmelberg is statistically better than Marshall (direct comparison in the 5AAdvertiser) incl being 35 picks later in the 2016 draft.

Can someone post the articles I'm assuming compared Drew v Poholke or Powell-Pepper v Gallucci from the same draft?

Jul 17, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Well at least we learned today that Himmelberg is statistically better than Marshall (direct comparison in the 5AAdvertiser) incl being 35 picks later in the 2016 draft.

Can someone post the articles I'm assuming compared Drew v Poholke or Powell-Pepper v Gallucci from the same draft?
Where are the comparisons between Edward McHenry and chaiyshce jones and a later pick eg Xavier duursma.

Let’s review this when Dixon gets back.

Greymatter

Senior List
Jan 27, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Surely the good folk at The Macquarie Dictionary, have duly noted and will now re-define 'great'.

Then again, Goddard did out-sulk Matthew Richardson of tigger fame, so perhaps there is merit in him being great.
Being a great at St Kilda is the equivalent of being a bootstudder at Port.

Actually scrap that, our old blokes who clean the boots are probably at the status calibre of a Saints finals player.

PowerForGood

2020. The year the competition became terminal. Ju
10k Posts
Sep 1, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Lakers, Rabbitohs
Dwayne currently pumping up his own tyres again, reminding everyone how he predicted Adelaide would beat GC, St Kilda, and Freo and go into the showdown at 4 and 3, even going as far as to bring up the audio of a few weeks ago to prove it.

You’re so awesome, Dwayne.
And THAT'S THE FIRE STARTER! *

* lit under his chair at work.

dav3

Brownlow Medallist
May 1, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
... and in another amazing edition of "Sliding Doors".....
IF - a Showdown isn't played at the MCG on a Friday night some time soon ...
THEN - it will be an opportunity lost on so many fronts. It is the main AFL rivalry, by the length of Winx's winning margin in her second Cox Plate (eight lengths).

Never mind the AO contractual arrangements, why the f**k would either club want to do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back