Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 23, 2007
Bay 131 @ (Port) Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Magpies
just have a look at some of the comments.. are crows fans legit stupid or what?
They are a special bunch.

For a mob that hate us so much, they sure do love to generate traffic on our social media pages.

I've never had the urge to even look up the Crows on social media let alone follow and engage with the nuffies that support them.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

agmsy

All Australian
Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Luke Patmore. Yeah, nah.

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
so Rowe was promoting hurting and making a player piss blood who recently went through a testicular cancer scare

what a complete *******
I can't believe what he said.

Seriously though, is there any hard evidence that he really said that? Surely there would have to be some repercussions from such a poor taste and offensive comment.

Pear1870

Section 301
Port Adelaide - Allir Allir Player Sponsor 2021 Port Adelaide - Kane Farrell Player Sponsor 2021 Port Adelaide - Connor Rozee Player Sponsor 2020
Aug 25, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Is anyone able to get definite confirmation of the comments please.

This is NOT a person being a "scallywag".
This is a so called experienced person in the media whom is basically promoting violence
This person could be considered in breach of the Commercial Radio Code of Practice. 2.1 1 (inciting or encouraging violence or brutality) and possibly 2.1.4 (inciting hatred).

If you allow a bully to bully, he will continue to bully at a greater degree because he has been allowed to. This is a similar scenario in that his comments will continue to get worse because he has been given license to do so.

5AA has a formal complaint procedure (on line form). I believe any complaints are directed to a Mr Craig Munn, Programming Manager. According to the standard, the station has 60 days to respond to each complaint, otherwise more formal complains can then be lodged to the ACMA.

If the comment is in fact correct ( please confirm) each of us and others, Port supporters or not, should be contacting 5AA using their online form. Not to do so is not only disrespecting Robbie IMO, it will allow the abuse to continue. As a minimum, Robbie and the club, require an apology from the sports commentators and the station itself. Have the donate to a say mental health foundation or a Men's health organisation.

This type of sports broadcasting is over. If they don't get it, move on. Sell cars or something.

People, please don't just complain on this board. If this is correct, it is a serious issue because ignoring or treating it as something insignificant will allow future comments to be worse, if that is possible. . Do something about it and put the bastards on notice. Port supporters will not put up with his ***. Threaten our players with violence, on radio, ???? WTF

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
meh...I'm finding it hard to be outraged by that Rowe comment. Advocating putting some hurt on a a player that is carving you up has been standard footy fare for generations.
So that makes it acceptable?

I don't ever recall having heard a football commentator say anything similar on the wireless. Not even back in the days when that was the only way to follow a game live if not actually at the ground.

Sep 20, 2007
Dungeon
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So that makes it acceptable?

I don't ever recall having heard a football commentator say anything similar on the wireless. Not even back in the days when that was the only way to follow a game live if not actually at the ground.
In the context of Rowe being a rabid Crows supporter and a massive tool in general. It is distasteful sure but he didn't state to take him out of the game illegally. Some of the calls about him inciting violence are OTT in my view.

Sep 20, 2007
Dungeon
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
What if Rowey had said of Roughead, “someone needs to scratch that thing of his face and make it bleed to stop him” how would that look in view of his medical history?
See I don't think that Rowe was linking Robbie's cancer battle when he made his comments. Pissing blood is usually associated with the kidneys. When I have heard of it / experienced it the cause has been big legal hits in marking contests etc.

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
See I don't think that Rowe was linking Robbie's cancer battle when he made his comments. Pissing blood is usually associated with the kidneys. When I have heard of it / experienced it the cause has been big legal hits in marking contests etc.
You could be right but he definitely had a case of foot in mouth disease then, and not for the first time.

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
In the context of Rowe being a rabid Crows supporter and a massive tool in general. It is distasteful sure but he didn't state to take him out of the game illegally. Some of the calls about him inciting violence are OTT in my view.
Yeah, distasteful and unnecessary. Footy is a contact sport so he's not really inciting violence. He is however calling for a player to be seriously hurt. Kidney damage is no laughing matter.

I agree with your reply to OneGreatClub that Stupid wouldn't have connected passing blood with Robbie's cancer. As you say, passing blood is associated with the kidneys and I very much doubt Stupid is smart enough to make that type of connection anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back