Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stephen Rowe, Graham Cornes, Channel 7, the Advertiser or just about every media organisation in this state/country

these are all dogshit entities/people with no class so it's not surprising stupid would say something alluding to what Robbie went through in the heat of one of his angry outbursts

OK, it seems Rowe did say it.

I'm not surprised by the Adelaide media crickets.

I'm not surprised by the the PAFC Board crickets.

But I am surprised by many of us belittling someone trying to do something about it, which I find cringeworthy.

Re-think it. Not only is Rowe way out of line in a moral sense, and this really does give an insight into the depth of his Port Adelaide hate, but if a supposedly pro-Ports person said it about a Crows player then you just know that all hell would break out in the Adelaide media.

I regard this as an opportunity for PAFC to redress the media balance a little, but I am hearing nothing from our club Admin.

Perhaps they, as well as some of us, find it a quite acceptable public statement to wish severe pain on another person.

If we are prepared to complain vociferously about Derwayne, but not about this, then perhaps we have mentally accepted that our club is just a little club from the back blocks rather than a major player.

And, non-facetiously, what about the kids.

.... it's not surprising stupid would say something alluding to what Robbie went through in the heat of one of his angry outbursts
As has already been pointed out, Stupid was not alluding to Robbie's testicular cancer.

To say "make him piss blood" is a saying that has been around for ever and means to give someone a thorough and hard beating, one that results in an injury to the kidneys. So Stupid was simply calling for Robbie to be seriously injured by the Camry Crows' players.

He was not saying they should go outside the rules to do it although it is difficult to imagine how they could engineer such a significant injury within the rules. In Australian Rules Football that type of injury almost always results from an accidental collision.

As has already been pointed out, Stupid was not alluding to Robbie's testicular cancer.

To say "make him piss blood" is a saying that has been around for ever and means to give someone a thorough and hard beating, one that results in an injury to the kidneys. So Stupid was simply calling for Robbie to be seriously injured by the Camry Crows' players.

He was not saying they should go outside the rules to do it although it is difficult to imagine how they could engineer such a significant injury within the rules. In Australian Rules Football that type of injury almost always results from an accidental collision.

i understand. to me, stupid people see things in simple ways. see Robbie, be angry, say something about the easy thing you can target. if Jonathon Brown or some respectable (in hard man terms) lug was spitting fire angry in a call and said it, you could see how they genuinely meant it some old fashioned terms, but not stupid. maybe even wrinkles but not stupid. but maybe i'm over thinking it here.

Exactly. It had nothing to do with Gray's Cancer. It was just Stupid flying off the handle because his beloved Crows were getting their arses handed to them. It was his raw emotion of wanting the Crows to do something to curb Grays match winning influence. We know Rowe is a Crows lover and an idiot. There is nothing new here. What do you guys prefer? Rowe to be screaming Eddie and Tex's name every 3 seconds whilst simultaneously fellating Rory Riley Crouch as they rack up their umpteenth possession as the Crows waltz to another win or an angry Rowe losing his sh!t because the lovely boys are getting flogged and their happy clapping blue rinse set are leaving 5 minutes into the last quarter? I know which Rowie I prefer.

Perhaps the club did approach Robbie and ask him what he thought about what was said by Rowe and if he wanted any action taken.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Robbie’s reaction was....

“Who?”

Decades ago 5aa worked out the formula to maximise listeners. Mollycoddle crow supporters and outrage Port supporters. They've been reeling in dumb Port supporters ever since.
DON'T LISTEN TO THE campaignerS
You won't be missing out on anything and your mental health will be so much better

Obviously. Change channels ..... and hope the other broadcasters have a reasonable coverage because they apply industry standards.

Here's a novel idea.
Hold 5AA accountable to the same industry standards.

Obviously. Change channels ..... and hope the other broadcasters have a reasonable coverage because they apply industry standards.

Here's a novel idea.
Hold 5AA accountable to the same industry standards.
You're talking about commercial radio. They sit comfortably within industry standards.
Shithouse standards

Edit - I reckon about the only thing you could do that could possibly make a difference is work out who the major sponsors of the station are and contact them - tell them that you will boycott any product that endorses Rowe's views. If enough people do that and sponsors make take issue with the station pressure could be put on to stop that sort of s**t.
Commercial entertainment is only about money. Don't expect them to be upholders of moral standards

Last edited:
Exactly. It had nothing to do with Gray's Cancer. It was just Stupid flying off the handle because his beloved Crows were getting their arses handed to them. It was his raw emotion of wanting the Crows to do something to curb Grays match winning influence. We know Rowe is a Crows lover and an idiot. There is nothing new here. What do you guys prefer? Rowe to be screaming Eddie and Tex's name every 3 seconds whilst simultaneously fellating Rory Riley Crouch as they rack up their umpteenth possession as the Crows waltz to another win or an angry Rowe losing his sh!t because the lovely boys are getting flogged and their happy clapping blue rinse set are leaving 5 minutes into the last quarter? I know which Rowie I prefer.

Is it too much to ask a sports commentator call a game for their entire listening audience in a grown up manner. That is what they are paid to do. Which Rowe would I prefer.? That one.

Whether Robbie wants an apology is not the point. The point is, he deserves one.

Is it too much to ask a sports commentator call a game for their entire listening audience in a grown up manner. That is what they are paid to do. Which Rowe would I prefer.? That one.

Whether Robbie wants an apology is not the point. The point is, he deserves one.
No, he is paid to get ratings. The Crows army of elderly listeners are their demographic and would have loved it. Job done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, he is paid to get ratings. The Crows army of elderly listeners are their demographic and would have loved it. Job done.

Can't argue with that. Except to add, he is still required to comment within accepted boundaries even with his pro Crows enthusiasm ( which is understood with a level of acceptance considering he is an ex player). Why don't other sports commentators who are paid to get ratings cross those same boundaries. I suspect they respect and understand the importance of those boundaries. But i hear what you are saying. To me, there is a principle at stake but I am open enough for others to have a different view. Its a bit like you see a wrong and try to right it. I see a wrong.

Half this board has been saying similar stuff about Betts for years.

“The game’s gone soft moite, bring back the biff!”

- *Veteran of the 80’s laments a rival player being allowed to run around like an unregistered dog for the third consecutive Showdown*

“No! Not like that!”

You're talking about commercial radio. They sit comfortably within industry standards.
s**thouse standards

Edit - I reckon about the only thing you could do that could possibly make a difference is work out who the major sponsors of the station are and contact them - tell them that you will boycott any product that endorses Rowe's views. If enough people do that and sponsors make take issue with the station pressure could be put on to stop that sort of s**t.
Commercial entertainment is only about money. Don't expect them to be upholders of moral standards
That only works if you're in the market for a caravan or continence products to begin with

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OK, it seems Rowe did say it.

I'm not surprised by the Adelaide media crickets.

I'm not surprised by the the PAFC Board crickets.

But I am surprised by many of us belittling someone trying to do something about it, which I find cringeworthy.

Re-think it. Not only is Rowe way out of line in a moral sense, and this really does give an insight into the depth of his Port Adelaide hate, but if a supposedly pro-Ports person said it about a Crows player then you just know that all hell would break out in the Adelaide media.

I regard this as an opportunity for PAFC to redress the media balance a little, but I am hearing nothing from our club Admin.

Perhaps they, as well as some of us, find it a quite acceptable public statement to wish severe pain on another person.

If we are prepared to complain vociferously about Derwayne, but not about this, then perhaps we have mentally accepted that our club is just a little club from the back blocks rather than a major player.

And, non-facetiously, what about the kids.

Mate you need a r00t I recon.

Perhaps the club did approach Robbie and ask him what he thought about what was said by Rowe and if he wanted any action taken.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Robbie’s reaction was....

“Who?”

You know? That melon who fell off a ladder once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back