Mega Thread The Media Thread

PurpleEyes

Club Legend
AFL Club
Fremantle
I feel like I'm going insane, watching the game yesterday I thought we were the more attacking of the two teams. It was the Crows who clogging up space and scragging at every contest.
Yep, Adelaide have been a very good defensive team in 2019.

If you look at the 2019 Home and Away Ladder so far and sort it by the points against, you find that Freo have so far played 5 of the top 8 most defensive teams in the comp (Freo is 2nd most defensive). Gold Coast and Norths are the only two that we have played that haven't been defensively very good so far this year. (& NB, I also checked that Freo's games aren't distorting those numbers by taking Freo's results out of the ladder stats and the ladder sorted by points against still looks relatively the same).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Fremantle
Terry Wallace smugly tweeted that the AFL has acknowledged (as if we should all be aware that they did) that the Eddie Betts htb decision was incorrect. Then when asked to provide details on that, he just said that he'd heard it on SEN.

AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Virus free East Perth
Darcy had a laugh when accused of being a biased commentator in a Talking footy segment but didn't disagree

Darce' its not that funny when you are barracking against us!

Just glad we flogged the Dogs

Waiting to see if you feature yourself in say that again for Colyers defensive effort last week

arsesmart

Team Captain
AFL Club
Fremantle
Terry Wallace smugly tweeted that the AFL has acknowledged (as if we should all be aware that they did) that the Eddie Betts htb decision was incorrect. Then when asked to provide details on that, he just said that he'd heard it on SEN.
I managed to catch a snippet of Wallace speaking on SEN yesterday and it turns out his son was one of the officiating umpires, the one who actually paid the 50m penalty against Sunny Hill. He was trying to claim that Hill threw a sizeable clump of turf, roots soil and all, in the incident, when clearly it was 95% grass about the half the size of a matchbox.

Last edited:

Superkoops

Club Legend
AFL Club
Fremantle
I managed to catch a snippet of Wallace speaking on SEN yesterday and it turns out his son was one of the officiating umpires, the one who actually paid the 50m penalty against Sunny. He was trying to claim that Walters threw a sizeable clump of turf, roots soil and all, in the incident, when clearly it was 95% grass about the half the size of a matchbox.
There was definitely no dirt nor clumps thrown by BHILL- would have actually made it the kicker otherwise. Was like flicking up some grass cuttings. But whatever.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

masai

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Rottnest
I managed to catch a snippet of Wallace speaking on SEN yesterday and it turns out his son was one of the officiating umpires, the one who actually paid the 50m penalty against Sunny Hill. He was trying to claim that Hill threw a sizeable clump of turf, roots soil and all, in the incident, when clearly it was 95% grass about the half the size of a matchbox.
Ah, so it was the tanned one’s son.

Dad’s a tosser, son hates tossers. Doesn’t help Wallace Jnr when he has a nickname of SOT.

FreoRicci

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Were you referring to this?

Yeah umpires are corrupted. No question.
Nichols umpiring 2013 GF. Yep. 2 decisions that went to tribunal but he thought it was fine. Chicken wing- holding the ball to Rioli. Lake 3 week- elbowed Walters in the face. Nah go back and kick it, no 50.

332docker

Club Legend
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Western Force
Yeah umpires are corrupted. No question.
Nichols umpiring 2013 GF. Yep. 2 decisions that went to tribunal but he thought it was fine. Chicken wing- holding the ball to Rioli. Lake 3 week- elbowed Walters in the face. Nah go back and kick it, no 50.
Nichols was at the centre of the draw in Launy that was eventually overturned and we won the game. He was the muppet that allowed the player to kick a point after the siren that tied the game from memory...hated us ever since. He has gotten more unbiased more recently but still I hate seeing no 15 running around

tants

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
What actually happened there?...Matty Carr was meant to get the free kick for the bump... but somehow the umpire asked ty Zantuck (not care)if he wanted the point to stand instead of another kick???:drunk:
Correct. Then Josh Carr pointed out what happened and the ump said the decision's made.

Top Bottom