F6372905-A273-4910-86E8-F0286706563F.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 389

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Fantastic article. I remember 2017 or 2018 he was having his career best year. Started off on fire that season. Underrated as an inside midfielder as much as he is winger, then that’s when his injuries started. Probably AA wing at the time too.
His development into a bigger frame probably contributed to the injuries he has now. Hardly missed a game since debut, and he was barely pushing 70kg.

His kicking is the best at the club and don’t think many come close. Even his first game back last season, had few disposals but kicked on his right right on the chest, 45m out. Always a sublime talent. Really hope he gets a few games this season.

Sep 30, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo and Bulldogs, ManU

greatgatsby

Premiership Player
Oct 17, 2010
The Seat of Power
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Washington Commanders, Black Ducks
This is brilliant.
Couldn't recommend it enough.

His information in part 2 on concussion is revealing and scary.

Magnificent. Howard is so good at this. The rather incredible news about the German osteopath will give a somewhat maligned activity a hell of a boost.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
I wouldn't say I am bullish on us this year (frankly don't know what to expect) and Hamling and Pearce being out is a big problem but I am sure we are not as dire as everyone keeps saying in the media.
Isn’t North Melbourne number 2 on best midfield according to the same data team?
Yeah, nah not worth it. With our list in its state, Freo can battle against a few teams
I think you are referring to champion data. This appears to just be Fox Footy's opinion so probably not more valid than most fans.

I wouldn't say I am bullish on us this year (frankly don't know what to expect) and Hamling and Pearce being out is a big problem but I am sure we are not as dire as everyone keeps saying in the media.

Progress from Brayshaw, Cerra, Blakely and Tucker into fully stepping into the midfield roles they're meant to play. Game time and progress from Valente, Serong, Young and Sturt. Cox, Logue and Darcy getting match fitness and developing into their respective key position roles.

If all that progresses as it should, (Add in potential develop of Dixon to put pressure on Tabs) with that level of raw talent with a group of young lads basically away on a month long bonding tour of South East Queensland I'd say the future looks quite bright (big if however). But this year shouldn't hold much hope other than maybe a surprise or 2 as the young group shows flashes.

But, as you say, it's nowhere near as dire as some media would have you believe.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Progress from Brayshaw, Cerra, Blakely and Tucker into fully stepping into the midfield roles they're meant to play. Game time and progress from Valente, Serong, Young and Sturt. Cox, Logue and Darcy getting match fitness and developing into their respective key position roles.

If all that progresses as it should, (Add in potential develop of Dixon to put pressure on Tabs) with that level of raw talent with a group of young lads basically away on a month long bonding tour of South East Queensland I'd say the future looks quite bright (big if however). But this year shouldn't hold much hope other than maybe a surprise or 2 as the young group shows flashes.

But, as you say, it's nowhere near as dire as some media would have you believe.
Any side that is missing it's two best KPDs, has injury issues for it's two first choice KPFs, is dependent on emerging midfielders and a young, injury impacted ruckman should be rated low.

Apr 14, 2018
Just up the street
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC

Anyone got the text?
Exclusive: Perth set to be next AFL hub as Mark McGowan refuses to budge on WA’s hard border
Headshot of Josh Zimmerman

Josh ZimmermanThe West Australian
Monday, 8 June 2020 8:00PM

Talks between the AFL and WA Government about a Perth hub have resumed, with the next set of fixtures likely to include matches played at Optus Stadium.
With Premier Mark McGowan refusing to budge on his hard border stance — ruling out a return to the usual home and away fixtures — The West Australian understands there are plans to revive the Burswood Peninsula hub first floated in April.
While discussions are in the preliminary stages, it is believed the West Coast Eagles and Fremantle Dockers will not be required to extend their stay on the Gold Coast beyond next month’s round five fixtures.
Instead, the AFL is determined to locate a hub for the next slate of games in Perth, with some Victorian teams having to head west for clashes with the Eagles and Dockers, as well as with each other.
The prospect of a Perth hub comes as West Coast touched down at their new Gold Coast home on Monday night.
Last month, Melbourne clubs baulked at the idea of spending between four and six weeks in a Perth hub.
Instead, all 10 Victorian clubs have been permitted to remain at home for rounds two to five while West Coast and Fremantle, along with the two Adelaide teams, have had to relocate to Gold Coast golf resorts for a month
Senior AFL officials are understood to believe it is only fair Victorian clubs share the travel burden during the COVID-interrupted season, prompting the renewed focus on a western hub.
The major stumbling block in earlier discussions was the need for interstate players to spend two weeks in hotel quarantine, as required by the current hard border provisions, which would potentially prolong their stay in WA by a fortnight.
One solution floated at the time was the creation of a self-contained quarantine zone for travelling clubs on the Burswood Peninsula — including Crown hotels and Optus Stadium — that would ensure there was no interaction between interstate players and officials, and the WA community.
It is understood that it is the model again being explored because it would allow for matches to begin as soon as interstate clubs arrived in WA.
WA Chief Health Officer Andrew Robertson would need to be satisfied any potential hub would pose no virus transmission risk to the community.
It would also require Police Commissioner Chris Dawson’s approval in his position as State Emergency Co-ordinator.
Today, Mr McGowan refused to provide timing for the resumption of travel with the Eastern States but said it was not likely to occur until late next month at the very earliest.
“We have not landed on a date. Not at this point in time, not in the foreseeable future,” he said.
Players and officials were seen arriving at the Royal Pines Resort about 6.30pm after travelling from Perth on a special Virgin charter flight.

BigRang

All Australian
Mar 11, 2011
South of the Black Stump
AFL Club
Fremantle
The mexicans are going bonkers over in the Rona thread on the main AFL board... Not fans of Marky Mark and his hard border closure at all... Anyway I think he's done/doing a bloody good job and 'Opening' the border just to allow AFL to resume here risks undoing all the hard work he/we have already done. For mine, telling them to bugger off for the moment would be a better idea, and that we'll look at having footy played here later in the season. By then it could be possible to have a punters in Optus Stadium too... Imagine having the last 5 weeks of the season played at home, with crowds, gee whiz that'd stir up the Vics... Plus put a bit of cash into the local economy etc also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back