Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Cripps thing is probably nothing. Don't think he's even allowed to sign a contract right now, there's plenty of reason with Covid-19 to hold off and most of the speculation will be for the ad-revenue.

With that said it'll be funny to see the Carlton melt, so here's hoping he comes to us.

Cripps... not signing contract does not necessary means he want to get back to WA..right? They started rumours .... but it could be any other reason

View attachment 889222

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s happening..........
But who goes out with the pick?
Can you imagine the bash brothers Fyfe and Cripps at clearances??

Sorry, I just woke up with a jellyfish on my guts....

Highly adventurous call but here goes...our first for next year plus Cerra or Brayshaw for Cripps with maybe a late second early third round coming back our way?

There is no reason for Cripps not to sign as late as possible with caps and list size to finalised - and they aren’t allowed to re-sign at the moment anyway. These top 5 players rarely move as well, especially from big clubs.

BUUTT if there is some weird incredible universe where it actually happened, we’d be paying Judd level of compo which would be AB or Cerra, our first this year and a sweetener.

There is no reason for Cripps not to sign as late as possible with caps and list size to finalised - and they aren’t allowed to re-sign at the moment anyway. These top 5 players rarely move as well, especially from big clubs.

BUUTT if there is some weird incredible universe where it actually happened, we’d be paying Judd level of compo which would be AB or Cerra, our first this year and a sweetener.
They'd be asking for two first rounders + AB/Cerra at a minimum

(And I wouldn't blame them)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Similar to Hawthorn, the Dockers have an opportunity to unleash a three-headed forward monster if everything goes right. Jesse Hogan, Rory Lobb and Matt Taberner (with very handy back-ups. Cam McCarthy and Brennan Cox in reserve) could form the nucleus of an unstoppable forward division. No club is equipped to deal with their combined aerial threat if they can all stand up at once. Supporting this triple-threat are very capable smalls, Brandon Matera and Sam Switkowski who could end up feasting on the generous scraps left in the wake of the big men.

However, Fremantle have again been struck by bad luck in the form of injury, their two key defensive pillars. Pearce and Hamling are still several weeks away, as is key playmaker Nathan Wilson, leaving the back 50 led by Luke Ryan looking quite inexperienced.

Coupled with the off-season loss of star Brad Hill and serviceable Ed Langdon, this puts even more pressure on the ample shoulders of their dual Brownlow Medallist, Nat Fyfe, and AA superstar Michael Walters. With an exciting collection of kids at the disposal of new coach Justin Longmuir, can two or more of the following: Adam Cerra, Andrew Brayshaw, Conor Blakely, and the new draft crop, Hayden Young, Caleb Serong and Liam Henry step up immediately to provide the support their A-graders require?

On one hand there's an interesting comparison to Hawthorn with the possibility of running a 3 tall structure up forward. On the other hand the author somehow missed the fact that Willo is good to go, which makes me doubt the other points.

YOUNG RIPE FOR PICKING: HASLEBY

JORDAN MCARDLE

It’s Young talent time. That’s the opinion of Fremantle champion Paul Hasleby , who urged his former club to blood exciting defender Hayden Young for Saturday’s clash against Brisbane at the Gabba. The classy left-footer was the Dockers’ first pick (seventh overall) in last year’s national draft and one of a trio of consecutive top-10 selections alongside Caleb Serong and Liam Henry. A quad setback late in the pre-season prevented Young, the brother of Western Bulldog Lachie Young, from pushing his case for an opening-round debut against Essendon at Marvel Stadium. But the enforced coronavirus break appears to have done him the world of good, producing an eye-catching performance in Friday’s intra-club hit-out at Cockburn which included a stunning pack mark. Hasleby reckons the Dandenong Stingrays product is a must-add to Freo’s defence. “I’d like to see Hayden Young get an opportunity. He was tracking very well prior to his quad injury a few weeks out from round one,” Hasleby told The West Australian. “He’s a high draft pick, has done a lot of work and has that beautiful left-foot kick which certainly adds to any team. “Freo have probably lacked that accurate, penetrating kick from the back half in recent times so if he’s ready to go, I’d play him. “He’s done enough work and the reports from many within the club are ‘this guy is a star, he’s ready to go’ . “He’s had a long break to get over load issues that he had throughout the pre-season and if he’s got the tick from the medicos, he’s another one I would put in straight away.” Hasleby expects the youthful Dockers side to surprise a few under first-year coach Justin Longmuir. He was looking forward to watching Jesse Hogan, who is closing in on his first AFL appearance in nearly a year, form a dangerous three-pronged attack with Rory Lobb and Matt Taberner. “I think they’ve all shown individually , without the other players in the team next to them, how good they can be,” Hasleby said. “I think having the three, it’s obviously going to make it easier for each player given the quality of the defender is not going to be as good. “There’s been a trend in the AFL in recent times to have many quick small forwards but given the way the Dockers were moving the footy prior to COVID-19 , I think it would be an excellent set-up .”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back