Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think historically, statistically we did better without Fyfe in the side than we did when Lachie Neale was out of the side, regarding games missed through injury.
So you're saying with both of them gone we're beyond ****ed?

I think we were the same without Pav too. But I can’t remember.

Anyone got the stats?
I remember one game. In 2012, Pav was a late withdrawal vs North. Carved them up that day.
We need Fyfe out tbh. Too many players just being dragged along this season. Time to stick out and play as a team.

Only relevant during 2013. We need more success, more exposure as a club. Simple

Well what do we have going for us?

We're 0-4 and saying we're better than that doesn't make anyone take notice.

The older talent on the list has largely been scoured by other clubs over the last few years; not sure who else we have left for big offers from the Vic clubs (maybe Luke Ryan.)

The younger talent that's firing and looks impressive is getting overshadowed by Rowell.

If I wasn't a Freo fan I wouldn't take notice of us either.

I cannot remember the last time a footy show talked about freo without ross are we irrelevant despite having reigning brownlow medallist and michael walters.

Considering the media is all Victorian and only care about Victorian teams, the answer will always be yes. We could win 5 straight flags and still never get a mention.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well what do we have going for us?

We're 0-4 and saying we're better than that doesn't make anyone take notice.

The older talent on the list has largely been scoured by other clubs over the last few years; not sure who else we have left for big offers from the Vic clubs (maybe Luke Ryan.)

The younger talent that's firing and looks impressive is getting overshadowed by Rowell.

If I wasn't a Freo fan I wouldn't take notice of us either.

Personally I think being under the radar is a good thing for a rebuilding side. Who the f*** cares about relevency in Melbourne? We weren't even getting paid attention to when we were 9-0 in 2015 FFS.

I remember one game. In 2012, Pav was a late withdrawal vs North. Carved them up that day.
We need Fyfe out tbh. Too many players just being dragged along this season. Time to stick out and play as a team.
First thing I thought of when Fyfe went down. His injury is a real opportunity for others.

That's the "they're hard to beat" game.

Also memorable in that Dave Hughes made big song and dance in the media during the lead up on how North would be propelled into the finals in the public eye by beating an irrelevant Fremantle under Friday night lights, and then they got belted by 50 points.

That's the "they're hard to beat" game.

Also memorable in that Dave Hughes made big song and dance in the media during the lead up on how North would be propelled into the finals in the public eye by beating an irrelevant Fremantle under Friday night lights, and then they got belted by 50 points.
I might be wrong but I distinctly remember that North game being a Sunday arvo.

It was closed roof, so lights were definitely on! That memory might have caused me to invent the Friday part.
It was.
Kicked 5-6 goals I think, in 8 minutes in the last quarter.
The symphony of centre clearances. Just dominated. Had hard Nuts like Suban, De Boer, Hill, Mayne. Having a tight knit midfield did wonders. If our midfield today could replicate that, sky’s the limit.

Personally I think being under the radar is a good thing for a rebuilding side. Who the f*** cares about relevency in Melbourne? We weren't even getting paid attention to when we were 9-0 in 2015 FFS.

I'll tell you who cares. Garlick and everyone under him in our Club's marketing, PR and sponsorship depts. And, to some extent the membership dept.

I'll tell you who cares. Garlick and everyone under him in our Club's marketing, PR and sponsorship depts. And, to some extent the membership dept.

Then they'll drive themselves insane chasing that Holy Grail, it's a strategy that's designed to fail. The only time we'll get attention in Melbourne is if we're in the Grand Final.

First thing I thought of when Fyfe went down. His injury is a real opportunity for others.
Can be a bit of a general trend across all teams that when stars go down 3-4 lesser players lift X% as they feel greater responsibility, the cumulative effect resulting in greater output. Depending on the next tier (age, experience, quality, grit etc) this often has a diminishing effect across the shorter term, but can count to the future.

That's untrue...we were the "worst 9-0 team in history" whose % was "the real indicator"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back