Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly and now we have Lobb joining Hogan and Tabs down forward. 3 good contested marks could be a huge positive for us

It's a bit of a risk though.

Adelaide have played 3 talls, and it's hurt them given the inability of those talls to work together (allowing defenders like Andrews to leave their man and impact other marking contests) and the inability of the team to apply pressure I50.

Further to that when we add the medium sized Sturt to the team, and consider that we'll be playing Fyfe forward a lot when he returns, and there's a decent possibility we're going to be way too tall up forward and we'll have to make a hard call to drop someone.

Brayshaw gets ripped into hard in this video. Worth a watch.

Can you imagine how he would be treated if he played for any Vic team.

I see it as the Vic Media prefer bikies over truckies.

Give me a truckie any day.

On a serious note, I’m confused why they’re lining up Fyfe. The first 2 games back after the break, he was in pretty good form. The other 2 players of the “top 3 AFL players”, are in very ordinary form. Why target the Lake Grace Legend ?.

It's a bit of a risk though.

Adelaide have played 3 talls, and it's hurt them given the inability of those talls to work together (allowing defenders like Andrews to leave their man and impact other marking contests) and the inability of the team to apply pressure I50.

Further to that when we add the medium sized Sturt to the team, and consider that we'll be playing Fyfe forward a lot when he returns, and there's a decent possibility we're going to be way too tall up forward and we'll have to make a hard call to drop someone.
Port have been playing 3 talls, hasn't hindered them.

Brisbane have as well with (Big O, Hipwood and Mcstay).

GWS often have 3 talls.

It can be done, just got to get the right mix of smalls. Matera, Colyer and Schultz and our midfield haven't exactly been applying the best pressure.

Port have been playing 3 talls, hasn't hindered them.

Brisbane have as well with (Big O, Hipwood and Mcstay).

GWS often have 3 talls.

It can be done, just got to get the right mix of smalls. Matera, Colyer and Schultz and our midfield haven't exactly been applying the best pressure.

Having the small forwards to complement is one thing but your talls need to be very mobile and good at ground level too.

With Hogan, Lobb and Tabs we aren’t too bad and should get away with it against the Crows no trouble but against a top side we’d struggle.

On a serious note, I’m confused why they’re lining up Fyfe. The first 2 games back after the break, he was in pretty good form. The other 2 players of the “top 3 AFL players”, are in very ordinary form. Why target the Lake Grace Legend ?.
If the other "big 2 of the 3" I agree that Dusty has been in much worse form than Nat, but the Bont has been very good, after a slow start.

On CPH1920 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Fyfe is likely the only Freo player most vics know.

If the other "big 2 of the 3" I agree that Dusty has been in much worse form than Nat, but the Bont has been very good, after a slow start.

Fair point about Bont, but I had included the surfer from down Geeeelong way.

Oh well I think Fyfe has big shoulders, he’ll let it drip off him and keep going forward.

Still confused why the media have taken aim at him. Obviously run out of druggy, drunks, and footy Covid stories.

Oh well I think Fyfe has big shoulders, he’ll let it drip off him and keep going forward.

Still confused why the media have taken aim at him. Obviously run out of druggy, drunks, and footy Covid stories.
He is a clean cut straight down the middle. All round nice guy.
It was the man bun that started it..😂..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Fyfe bashing has always felt like salt to me. Which is strange because Pav always got the love.
The Fyfe bashing is 100% salt, but I can see why he gets it and not Pav, Fyfe holds himself with that sort of swagger that haters accuse as arrogance.

I reckon it's also partly because Fyfe is competing with two Vic lovechildren for title of best player in the game, so they look for ways to diminish him.

As great as Pav was he was never really in that discussion so they were free to laud him because he 'knew his place'.

Sorry
Forgot about 'Dangerflog', probably because he has been even worse.
I get your point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back