Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
O’Driscoll and some WAFL stuff
Logan McDonald seems to be in good form - interesting that Zane Trew was best on ground. These guys will all rocket up the draft boards if they play a few games of senior WAFL footy and nobody in Victoria is kicking a ball at the same time

I hope we flog west coast. Same training conditions but we didn't make excuses. Freo had a poor quarter each game. That has nothing to do with training restrictions.

JL has handled the media really well. I don't have twitter or anything similar and don't see the need but he does and he helps reinforce the team bonding and positivity that the club needs during covid.

From the opposition.

Good to see Simmo still more interested in making excuses than fixing his team’s inadequacies. These pansies are ripe for the taking this week.

You will need subscription to read the article (I don’t).

Ah, Kirpatricks donkey has returned.

Anyone get bell on SEN?
I listened to it. The only news is that Darcy is recovering well from concussion. A chance to return this week, but didn't confirm anything.

He spoke a bit about how enjoyable it was to be back and how pleased they were to finish off the hub with 2 wins.

Also was questioned at length about Longmuir's approach, particularly around the use of Fyfe in the second half of the Saint Kilda game. He said that that's really up to Longmuir, he's been given the licence to use the players how he wants. Also reiterated that the move was more about structure but did concede that they wanted to make sure that Fyfe got through the game without aggravating the hamstring too much.

I listened to it. The only news is that Darcy is recovering well from concussion. A chance to return this week, but didn't confirm anything.

He spoke a bit about how enjoyable it was to be back and how pleased they were to finish off the hub with 2 wins.

Also was questioned at length about Longmuir's approach, particularly around the use of Fyfe in the second half of the Saint Kilda game. He said that that's really up to Longmuir, he's been given the licence to use the players how he wants. Also reiterated that the move was more about structure but did concede that they wanted to make sure that Fyfe got through the game without aggravating the hamstring too much.
That's an odd comment.......'been given licence to use the players how he wants'

You'd think that's a given? Be very worrying if he didn't have that lol. Surely as head coach, that's his mandate!

That's an odd comment.......'been given licence to use the players how he wants'

You'd think that's a given? Be very worrying if he didn't have that lol. Surely as head coach, that's his mandate!
I think I paraphrased a bit too much there. The question they kept asking was about Bell's approval of Fyfe forward or midfield and Bell just wanted to make the point that it was all up to Longmuir.

Yes of course. The only context I can see that may be in play would be regarding injury/fitness issues. For example, they clearly limit game time for first year players. Perhaps a player like Fyfe could be cleared to play with some caveat on his role. Perhaps Darcy could play this week with restricted time on ground.

I really like Ricky Mangidis' work on the Shinboner, and in his Notebook article this week there's a nice breakdown of why our comeback happened.

Worth a read.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really like Ricky Mangidis' work on the Shinboner, and in his Notebook article this week there's a nice breakdown of why our comeback happened.

Worth a read.
sT KiLdA JuSt StOpPeD

No surprise that Freo have gone from 18th in the league last year to 1st so far this year in kicking efficiency.

Amazing what can happen when you actually train and practice a skill.
In 2019 we were 15th on 69.5% with the leaders being the Metricon (closed roof) tenants Saints, Bulldogs and Kangaroos, but not Bombers (only a few places above on 12th at 71.6%).

As someone once said, there's nothing as certain as a closed mind.

Zero mention of Freo on AFL360 tonight and a 60 sec snippet on OTC.

Not good enough where a club has a one in five year win in such an epic, seesawing battle - which was also universally recognised as match of the round by neutrals.

OTC was more than fine. They talked about the game, talked a lot about the Long bump, Riewoldt and Browny highlighted Fyfe and Walters for the "good, bad, ugly" segment. There's lots of things going on, they can only cover so much.

OTC was more than fine. They talked about the game, talked a lot about the Long bump, Riewoldt and Browny highlighted Fyfe and Walters for the "good, bad, ugly" segment. There's lots of things going on, they can only cover so much.

It’s where it is positioned in the show. OTC didn’t get there until the last quarter of the show. Carlton and the 2 snorefests (Richmond and Hawthorn/C’wood) were rated as the headlines. All 3 had about double the content each.

I also think presenting a stat on how rare a comeback like that is would have been warranted.

You people need to stop getting pissy when they don't mention us or barely give us a mention. Despite it being a national comp, the shows are all filmed in Victoria with all the 'analysts' being Victorian. They are always going to give those sides way more airtime than non-Vic sides.

You people need to stop getting pissy when they don't mention us or barely give us a mention. Despite it being a national comp, the shows are all filmed in Victoria with all the 'analysts' being Victorian. They are always going to give those sides way more airtime than non-Vic sides.

Surely we're allowed to be annoyed though, even if it does logically make sense.

Surely we're allowed to be annoyed though, even if it does logically make sense.

It has gone on for so long annoyance doesn't even come into it for me. I feel nothing.

last time they gassed us up on them shows we won like 2 games for the rest of the season, lets just keep flying under the radar and be content with the fact that we don't have to sit through them cause they're putrid and ran by clinical idiots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back