Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

i'm guessing the message was just to remind Daniel to make sure that urine is what goes into his urine sample as opposed to powerade
perhaps it was: "yeah, if you're on PEDs, hide it with mull & they'll go easier on you" :cool:

When Walters win one, it’ll be BEST CHILDHOOD MATE INSPIRES VICTORY.
No joke.
Rioli was so inspired, he worked hard for his 1 kick.

Thank god I saw the best Rioli, ...... even when he was strolling around Basso Oval.

The latest 2 Rioli’s are a stain on the name, should rename themselves Bloggs.

Regarding salary: we probably have some players on more money than we might think. Aish got squeezed out because of his salary. Lobb is on over $700k. St Kilda had salary issues with their recent recruitments and Acres got squeezed out. Hogan asked for $8 million over 8 years. That got rejected, but his deal must still be sizable.
Hogan on 600k
Bonus was 300k for 15 games per season.
Not buying this 11 more games and he triggers 2 more years BS by 6PR

The West are just publishing stuff that gets them clicks and readers. For some reason - the middle-aged West Coast supporting women (and some men) are very protective of Willie Rioli as if he's their son. It gets clicks. So does Natanui. So does Hogan. So does Cousins and so did Lyon.

The West are just publishing stuff that gets them clicks and readers. For some reason - the middle-aged West Coast supporting women (and some men) are very protective of Willie Rioli as if he's their son. It gets clicks. So does Natanui. So does Hogan. So does Cousins and so did Lyon.
Karen Rioli?

Gotta say that I find it interesting that many Storm fans are critical of the GF commentary of Gould in the NRL. Compared to the treatment of several AFL clubs (including Fremantle) by the Fox and 7 commentary teams, Gould's work was comparatively mild.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hogan on 600k
Bonus was 300k for 15 games per season.
Not buying this 11 more games and he triggers 2 more years BS by 6PR
Interesting. This salary cap not used would have been banked having not been met in the previous two years.

This would mean, if not allocated elsewhere that we can pay 105% of the salary cap in 2021.

A free $500,000 to throw at a player to draw them home for family reasons.

Latest big footy story is Dustin Martin inspiring Richmond's send off of Ablett by not wearing their premiership medals whilst clapping him off.

I know a few science peeps have made massive strides towards saving thousands of lives but they pale in comparison to this Australian of the Year worthy act.

* nothing against Dusty but * me the media making a story out of that represents a fair bit about what is wrong in our society.

Gotta say that I find it interesting that many Storm fans are critical of the GF commentary of Gould in the NRL. Compared to the treatment of several AFL clubs (including Fremantle) by the Fox and 7 commentary teams, Gould's work was comparatively mild.

I say this as a neutral, Gus was horrible and unable to hide his Penrith bias. Everything he said was Penrith this, Penrith that. Even when the Storm went up 20-0, it was still all about Penrith and nothing about what Storm were doing well. It went far beyond the s**t commentary that we get in the AFL. That is why they shouldn't have had the GM of one of the 1 teams playing doing commentary.

Victorians are just whingers. If there is any bias towards them they go and whinge straight away. Look at eddie McGuire commentary no one whinges about that in victoria.

Gus can be a w***er at times and was pretty bad the other night to be fair but all year he has been willing panthers to win as it was his last chance to claim credit for the premiership.

The commentary, and officiating, in the second half was contemptible. If the game had gone for another 15 minutes, Melbourne would have finished with 9 men! It's called the NRL but the Sydney-based media always treat the game like a Sydney comp. The wealthy Broncos are tolerated because they prop up the competition (and underpin State of Origin). The Storm's was sweet victory!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back