Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nic Nat went to Evolution Bar on Friday night. Danced to House of Pain Jump Around and then attempted some Tupac on the microphone. It’s been a big few weeks for Nic. He was in Margaret River two weekends ago and last weekend he got his new PlayStation. What wacky adventures will Nic get up to next week? I can’t wait to read The West Australian and find out!

Nic Nat went to Evolution Bar on Friday night. Danced to House of Pain Jump Around and then attempted some Tupac on the microphone. It’s been a big few weeks for Nic. He was in Margaret River two weekends ago and last weekend he got his new PlayStation. What wacky adventures will Nic get up to next week? I can’t wait to read The West Australian and find out!

The Worst and Channel Ego have a competition to see who can carry the most cringeworthy items about the great one. Both have earned meritorious awards in the Nic Nat dribble cup but they are both capable of going much lower if required.

The Worst and Channel Ego have a competition to see who can carry the most cringeworthy items about the great one. Both have earned meritorious awards in the Nic Nat dribble cup but they are both capable of going much lower if required.

And they lead the ratings - it’s working to your market.

Doesn’t say much about the intellect of the market but it is what it is.

And they lead the ratings - it’s working to your market.

Doesn’t say much about the intellect of the market but it is what it is.
The West is beating all its competitors in the WA market. Channel 7 is the leading channel nationally, so not sure it's got a lot to do with the obvious West Coast bias - if they were a bit more even handed I and a lot of other Freo supporters might be interested in what they have to say.

Having said that, you are right - they are pandering to the largest demographic and the lowest IQ - a recipe for success.

The West is beating all its competitors in the WA market. Channel 7 is the leading channel nationally, so not sure it's got a lot to do with the obvious West Coast bias - if they were a bit more even handed I and a lot of other Freo supporters might be interested in what they have to say.

Having said that, you are right - they are pandering to the largest demographic and the lowest IQ - a recipe for success.

AA8BA563-C62F-4454-9BC1-4A26FF76600E.jpeg

The AFL component is dominated by WCE content.

I think Smook is scrolling through BF Freo threads again

Yes, nothing original there. I reckon he glosses over some best available analysis too. Taking Brayshaw and Cerra strongly fits a list needs situation, with Brayshaw in particular being far from a decisive favourite as 2nd best player available at the time. I don’t see the Logue selection as a clear best available decision either.

At this stage I just want the draft to be over and done with. As stated above, none of these media guys are giving much new insight. I like that ex eagles recruiter who writes in the worst, at least he gives an insiders perspective that can be quite revealing I.e. the Bailey Smith story at the weekend. Jeez the AFL love dragging stuff out though. Draft could have been held weeks ago. All about market share and exposure I suppose.

Yes, nothing original there. I reckon he glosses over some best available analysis too. Taking Brayshaw and Cerra strongly fits a list needs situation, with Brayshaw in particular being far from a decisive favourite as 2nd best player available at the time. I don’t see the Logue selection as a clear best available decision either.
I dunno re Brayshaw not being best available. There was talk of Brisbane taking him at 1 in the immediate lead up to the day (and in hindsight they should have).

Whatever their exact order in the spreadsheet it's reasonable to assume they ranked that group of 4 players at the top of the draft evenly (excluding Dow) and in front of the talls and flankers taken immediatly after.

There has been talk since we took Brayshaw first to ensure we got that combo of players. I.E. if we had taken Cerra first we'd have missed on Brayshaw and ended up with a player we rated less. To me though this doesn't imply we rated Cerra higher however even if true.

I dunno re Brayshaw not being best available. There was talk of Brisbane taking him at 1 in the immediate lead up to the day (and in hindsight they should have).

Whatever their exact order in the spreadsheet it's reasonable to assume they ranked that group of 4 players at the top of the draft evenly (excluding Dow) and in front of the talls and flankers taken immediatly after.

There has been talk since we took Brayshaw first to ensure we got that combo of players. I.E. if we had taken Cerra first we'd have missed on Brayshaw and ended up with a player we rated less. To me though this doesn't imply we rated Cerra higher however even if true.
“Talk” about what Brisbane or any club may have done is just typical chatter, and happens at virtually every stage of the draft. Could have originated from inside the club or from bigfooty and would be difficult to know the difference. Once a journo like Hagdorn gets a hold of it they are all classified as a “source close to the club”. But we have seen draft strategy of that ilk used before with Pavlich and Hasleby.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worst is showing some article about proposed trade for pick 2 (for McDonald) by "a WA club" rejected. Anyone heard anything about that? I suppose it was worth doing the due diligence over even if it were never actually going to happen.

Worst is showing some article about proposed trade for pick 2 (for McDonald) by "a WA club" rejected. Anyone heard anything about that? I suppose it was worth doing the due diligence over even if it were never actually going to happen.

Yep, given his quality and our need for a quality KF, I'd be disappointed if we didn't at least try.

No it’s not... it’s just saying they are taking pick 2, to the draft and they won’t be trading it!

IMG_0744.JPG

No it’s not... it’s just saying they are taking pick 2, to the draft and they won’t be trading it!

View attachment 1021258
Don't really understand what the target audience is for this headline?

A WA football follower who isn't a braindead moron would know that WA clubs were never in the hunt for Pick 2 so why would it ever be a 'blow', and your casual fan simply wouldn't care about the draft and it's importance.

Don't really understand what the target audience is for this headline?

A WA football follower who isn't a braindead moron would know that WA clubs were never in the hunt for Pick 2 so why would it ever be a 'blow', and your casual fan simply wouldn't care about the draft and it's importance.
you're right. Would of had more clicks with a 'what did Nicnat do today' article. Maybe Nicnat was to busy playing his PS5 to go outside?

btw, was I the only person that didn't use to know that Nicnat was a twin? Surprised it doesn't come up more given the number of articles on his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back