Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damien Dropkick is having a go at Todd Goldstein for saying the media is "a necessary evil" for the players. Poor old Dropkick says the players are mean and won't give the bottom feeding scum that refer to themselves as journalists anything to report on. Perhaps if he and his scummy mates stopped making stuff up they might get some better access?

Then just to confirm this Tom Brown and Jack Reiwoldt had a tiff on Twitter. Brown quoted details about Reiwoldt's injury and Jack told him that he was making stuff up because he hadn't even had a scan yet.

Brown & Barrett = Dumb and dumber.

Mark Readings writes about Darling and the Eagles drop. I may be very one eyed, but it reads like a ‘ease up supporters’ piece.

So Eagles cop a couple of floggings and it’s all ease up guys!?

Fremantle haven’t received that sort of article EVER.
I guess it is more ease up they won a flag last year

From an afl.com.au article:

The Eagles have lost 10 of their last 11 quarters, stretching back to quarter-time of a Western Derby in which they were lucky to hang on and win.

Doesn't that go against the narrative being spun by some media the next week (to the effect taht Eagles were toying with Freo - something pedalled by some of the brickthrowers in here).

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...ans-for-aaron-sandilands-20190430-p51ikw.html

I see David Flogstipino has turned into our list manager with his latest vanilla article in tha Age. Would be utterly surprised if we traded Darcy and Kersten would be no chance of retiring. At least he didn't bag us out this time.

"Fremantle's ruck stocks are healthy, with Sandilands this year mentoring the likes of Scott Jones, Lloyd Meek and Sean Darcy, who is considered the club's long-term no.1 ruckman but has been kept out of the starting 22 after the strong form of ex-Giant and new recruit Rory Lobb and could be traded at season's end. "
"Either way, the veteran of 17 seasons will retire at season's end and likely be joined by enigmatic small forward Hayden Ballantyne (hamstring), who has also battled injuries in recent seasons, Shane Kersten (foot) and Harley Bennell, whose calf issues continue to hamper a senior return."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know I won't be popular but I must say I rather enjoyed listening to Schofield on ABC radio this morning, has quite a lot of insightful views on a range of topics, was complementary of us and gave the Media a good serve.

Have we ever had any current players who were similar to this, I used to lose my mind hearing Mayne on FM radio roll out the same tropes every week, but that was FM and not ABC.

The closest I could think of was Barlow.

I know I won't be popular but I must say I rather enjoyed listening to Schofield on ABC radio this morning, has quite a lot of insightful views on a range of topics, was complementary of us and gave the Media a good serve.

Have we ever had any current players who were similar to this, I used to lose my mind hearing Mayne on FM radio roll out the same tropes every week, but that was FM and not ABC.

The closest I could think of was Barlow.
I listened to that as well and thought he was articulate and thoughtful.

I liked the fact that he could see through the hypocrisy of some of the media, and used Ross Lyons as an example of how they could backflip on the strength of a few games going Freo's way, having lambasted him only a few weeks before.

My dislike of WC has nothing to do with the current players. Most of them seem ok and Will has always seemed reasonable.

I just wondered if his ability to be so candid was a personality thing, or some kind of internal factor allowing greater freedom of speech.

I've met a few Dockers players under Lyon, and they're incredibly insightful. Just rarely hear them speak as freely when they're being interviewed, even around non-football related issues.

I've met a few Dockers players under Lyon, and they're incredibly insightful. Just rarely hear them speak as freely when they're being interviewed, even around non-football related issues.
Have you listened to Connor Blakely on the PurpleReign95 podcast? It might change your mind ;)

Think Freo players being a bit guarded with the (more mainstream) WA media is more a product of diabolically bad interviewers more so than the players themselves. What I find most hilarious is they don't even realise how bad they are. Possibly because they get their standards from other Perth sports journos who are just as terrible.

Ok so I listened to that Backchat podcast that the Eagles players do (only because I wanted to hear what Will Schofield said about meeting Freo Dokers) and I was pretty amazed how freely the players were speaking. I think it had Hamish Brayshaw on there as well and someone else.

Why don’t the Freo boys do a podcast? Lazy sods.

Enough of this “credit to the boys” “bank the four points” “just playing my role” shiz!

Didn't Garrick Ibbotson and Michael Barlow used to do a weekly show for our media?

Ballantyne has been letting loose a bit more on social media lately as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back