Aug 6, 2018
Karratha or Windsor Hotel
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Perth
I'm going to take time away from this thread. It's beyond ridiculous

That's an insult to Fyfe of the highest order
With the redundancies at the West we are left with the trash and the scum at the bottom of the trough
Cant even express thier own opinion and hide behind the words of Wayne "The Moral Marvel " Cary

A new level of biased dribble to please the yellow scum

trentjac

Club Legend
Jan 30, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
1557873773191.jpeg

Holy Baby Jesus! Fyfe has shot up this season

wild side

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2010
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Good article, and I for one concur !!

Fremantle must play attacking footy says Ben Dixon. Fremantle coach Ross Lyon is being blamed for not letting his team play the attacking footy that saw them upset GWS. Fremantle coach Ross Lyon’s decision to change from the game style that saw his side upset GWS in Canberra just a few weeks ago has been “disgraceful”, says former Hawthorn sharpshooter Ben Dixon.The Dockers broke the Giants’ nine-game winning streak in the nation’s capital in stunning fashion in Round 5, scoring 106 points - its equal-fourth-highest total in the last three seasons - and playing thrilling attacking footy.But since then Dixon believes the Dockers have reverted to their “frustrating” dour game style, and he has called for them to follow the “blueprint” they laid out in that win."

“Fremantle is third in the competition for intercept marks – Luke Ryan down there and (Alex) Pearce – yet they’re 15th for playing on from a mark or handball receives from marks. Use of the corridor from the defensive 50: 16th in the competition – give me a spell,” Dixon

“You beat the Giants a few weeks ago in Canberra playing an attacking, corridor game. It’s the blueprint, Ross, it was outstanding. Yet since that game, they were lucky to score 60 points in a game of footy“It is disgraceful the way a team can go from that to something else in the matter of weeks. I really can’t get a read on it.
”The Dockers are ninth in the AFL for scoring this season, although just eight points ahead of Adelaide in 11th, with a 141-point explosion against North Melbourne helping that greatly.On three other occasions this season, Fremantle has scored kicked eight goals or fewer, most notably booting a woeful 5.4 (34) against Adelaide in Round 7.But while the Dockers’ offensive woes have been well-noted in recent years, Dixon believes much of the team’s issues are by choice.

He suggests Ross Lyon is coaching his players to use the boundary rather than taking teams on through the middle of the ground, as the more successful clubs often do “You go into a game of footy knowing that you don’t want to attack the corridor because you’re going to get opened up,” Dixon “There’s two things: You can either think to yourself ‘we’re going to get cut up’, or we have to go around this team to win this game. But there’s not many teams you can go around and beat and use the boundary – those days are gone. It’s an angles game, it’s a territory game.“The corridor is king.

You watch a team like Hawthorn or watch a team like Geelong – they don’t go outside the logos. The logos are as wide as they want to go, they just want to literally pick through the shortest way home and nine times out of 10 they’ll do that because they can execute it.“But I think at the moment, Fremantle – they’re neither here nor there. They’re such a frustrating team to watch because one week they’ll do it – against the Giants in Canberra they stopped a nine-game winning streak – so how did you beat them?“Well, you took it on, you owned the corridor – there’s your blueprint, do it every week.”

It's like the opposition affected the game plan. There's no point playing the corridor if you are out numbered two to one. I didn't see Sunday as a defensive game, I saw Freo unable to cope with the pressure when trying to play fast. The result was turnovers for quick scores. I wonder if Ben Dixon even watched the game.

Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I would like to see a bit more info in Ben Dixon’s article, like how much did we use the corridor and how much did we play on in the GWS win? If anyone has those numbers maybe they could post them.

Also, I think the commentator’s are always telling us that Geelong use the boundary more than any other team.

I certainly want us to play attacking football.

UYD 4 Life

All Australian
Nov 27, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
I would like to see a bit more info in Ben Dixon’s article, like how much did we use the corridor and how much did we play on in the GWS win? If anyone has those numbers maybe they could post them.

Also, I think the commentator’s are always telling us that Geelong use the boundary more than any other team.

I certainly want us to play attacking football.
These were my thoughts as well - watched all the goals from the GWS game and i would say 2-3 goals from 16 were from using the corridor. Majority were from stoppages or using the wings.

I also have faint recollections of one of the fox shows saying geelong had switched from being a high corridor use team last year to hardly ever going through there this year.

The Hawthorn offensive juggernaut has kicked a massive 2.25 more points per game than us. He could have at least used a team like brisbane who are the obvious example of a team that risks opening themselves up in the pursuit of high scoring. Instead he just used it as another opportunity to talk up his old side

UYD 4 Life

All Australian
Nov 27, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Duffields article in the west sums up most of my thoughts on this matter.

What a wicked web it weaves when the tribunal hands out flawed reprieves.
The AFL can spin this as much as it wants but here is our take on it: Nat Fyfe will be available to play for Fremantle against Essendon this weekend because Gary Ablett was able to play for Geelong against North Melbourne last weekend.
Human history has BC (Before Christ) and AD (Anno Domini). When it comes to raised forearms which hit opponents in the head, the AFL now has BG (Before Gaz) and AB (After Backflip).

The AFL might claim it draws lines in the sand on player safety issues but those sands shift with the merest breath of hot wind from the Melbourne media pack.
The line that was drawn on forearms to the head was clear: That they should be deemed intentional and that even low impact to the head should be a week’s suspension because of the physical risks to other players.

It was not AFL match review officer Michael Christian’s fault that this mess was created. He recommended a week for Ablett for his hit on Dylan Shiel in round seven by simply applying the guidelines the AFL had armed him with.
But even Christian, who must feel like he has been donged in the head by a wayward tribunal forearm now, was caught up in the mess when the AFL Tribunal buckled at the knees in the face of consternation that a football deity like Ablett could be suspended for such an offence and downgraded his contact from intentional to careless.

Little Gaz was excused with a fine and then, applying Murphy’s Law, we just knew there were going to be embarrassing follow-up forearms sooner rather than later to test where the new line in the sand lay.
God knows where that line is now. Perhaps we should ask Gary Sr. The fact that Ablett did it again to North Melbourne’s Sam Wright, and then fellow Brownlow Medal winner Fyfe clipped Richmond’s Tom Lynch just made it downright funny.
Oh to be a fly on the wall as Christian and football operations manager Steve Hocking chewed these incidents over on Sunday night and Monday morning.
But while it is tempting to be amused, it takes us further away from why the strict interpretation was implemented in the first place: Player safety.
So far, the consequences of forearms to the head in recent history have been moderate.
Levi Greenwood got up and played on after Fyfe hit him last year, so did Jamie Elliott after Dylan Grimes hit him in round two and Sam Petrevski-Seton after Hawk James Cousins hit him in round six.

Shiel was down for about 14 seconds after Ablett clipped him in round seven but got up and played on. Wright and Lynch barely went down at all and were up quickly after being clipped by Ablett and Fyfe in round eight. But sooner or later someone is going to end up with a concussion or broken jaw and we will have created two victims — the bloke who has a head injury and the one who gets the book thrown at him for doing what Ablett (twice) and Fyfe have got away with doing in the past fortnight.
The shifting sands of the AFL judicial system don’t just apply to forearms to the head. Before the start of the season there was going to be a crackdown on gut punches and off-the-ball body contact.
But Liam Jones got away with a fine for his hit on Jack Riewoldt in round one.

North’s Ben Cunnington has been working his way through the phone book with gut punches off the ball and no suspensions have been handed out.
So when Eagle Jeremy McGovern blind-sided Saint Blake Acres 60m from the ball on Saturday, he was only ever going to need his wallet to solve the problem. What happens when someone suffers a broken rib?
Memo to the AFL: Punish the behaviours you want stamped out. If that means a Fyfe, Ablett or even a McGovern sits in the grandstand for a week, so be it.

This is the player safety fence you build on the hill. Without it, sooner or later you will be sending paramedics scurrying to the valley below.

G Mus

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 30, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus
Leroy Lobo talking on the AFL trends podcast gave a nice little insight as how changing gameplan and pre season programs resulted in a lot of soft tissue injuries for Collingwood last season

I suspect we’ve similarly suffered

Witch1

Team Captain
Sep 4, 2016
MCG
AFL Club
Fremantle
Love this photo. Lols at Lobb and Tabs thinking it's funny.

Loving the swim gear. Love the old school colours, but see where the white is, I'd have put purple.
Yeah no doubt purple would've been better choice... a bit more discreet :cool:

basashi

Premiership Player
Jun 18, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
FFC Quay Club
Wayne Carey cheated on his wife with his best mates wife.

He then glassed a woman, admitted to it on national television and was shown being arrested after assaulting police.

I choose not to listen to his opinion or support any network that gives that piece of **** a job he does not deserve.

He also gave a character reference to a serious career criminal and was charged with sexual assault over groping a woman in a bar.

Aug 6, 2018
Karratha or Windsor Hotel
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Perth
Another well done to Brendon Goddard for calling out a dog act which made him beyond angry where West Coast players went out of thier way to rub Max Gawns head and shove the injured Gawn's back into the ground not knowing the extent of his injury.

Goddard pointed out that it was Gawns courage in backing- back into a marking contest not knowing what was coming from behind which did not deserve the "dog " acts that followed

It is a trend with that club which seems to relish and rejoice in injuring thier opponents

Perhaps its Coached?

Jan 18, 2002
A bay at Rotto
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Rottnest
Another well done to Brendon Goddard for calling out a dog act which made him beyond angry where West Coast players went out of thier way to rub Max Gawns head and shove the injured Gawn's back into the ground not knowing the extent of his injury.

Goddard pointed out that it was Gawns courage in backing- back into a marking contest not knowing what was coming from behind which did not deserve the "dog " acts that followed

It is a trend with that club which seems to relish and rejoice in injuring thier opponents

Perhaps its Coached?

The act was strongly called out on ABC Radio.

The point was, getting stuck into a player who has given you a bath + you weren’t in the contest, is not a courageous look.

Vardy is in the Tarzan / Jane category.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back