Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not like a west coast supporter is going see to much wrong with the west coast centric media we have in this town. Start with 7 West Media.

We cop our fair share of bad media when we are doing bad.

Unsure how the media can be positive if a team is doing bad. Especially continually.

We cop our fair share of bad media when we are doing bad.

Unsure how the media can be positive if a team is doing bad. Especially continually.
Haha yeah ok... well you can go gloat about how awesome the media is on your own board

Hagdorn wanted West Coast to get rid of Simpson midway through 2017 when he called that they wouldn't win enough games to make the 8, and wanted Sumich to be appointed (familiar theme) as replacement because if they didn't appoint him, Sumich would be taking the vacant coaching position at Gold Coast. Nice intel Kim.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl/braden-quartermaine-time-to-gamble-on-harley-bennell-ng-b881211376z

This article doesn't make sense. His conclusions do not logically follow the points he makes.

I know its hard to come up with new articles week in, week out. But gee... This is an example of going to far with expansive thinking. "up is down, old is new" etc.

His premise is that because Bennell's injury has been treated carefully and it hasn't resulted in a lot of game time, lets stop being careful.

His logic treats the physical issues as if they are a complete unknown. But Harley's calves are real - with a real condition. Its not a chookwheel.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl/braden-quartermaine-time-to-gamble-on-harley-bennell-ng-b881211376z

This article doesn't make sense. His conclusions do not logically follow the points he makes.

I know its hard to come up with new articles week in, week out. But gee... This is an example of going to far with expansive thinking. "up is down, old is new" etc.

His premise is that because Bennell's injury has been treated carefully and it hasn't resulted in a lot of game time, lets stop being careful.

His logic treats the physical issues as if they are a complete unknown. But Harley's calves are real - with a real condition. Its not a chookwheel.
I didn't read the article (resisting giving the Worst a click), but Harley's calves are good to go by dint of him playing WAFL. There's a fair point that the cautious slow build hasn't worked so far and there's always many variables with human anatomy, a different approach might just be the ticket.

Factoring-in time gives sense to their logic. He will be 27 years old in October this year. Although this is not "old", a footballer's time in the AFL is limited, and that window of time is getting narrower and narrower for him as time passes.

Also, the clock that is measuring his time as an AFL player may be running faster than for others. With age his body's time to recover from injury will be longer and his ability to completely recover his form becomes harder.

He's fortunate that he is a player gifted with "footy smarts", so he can change how he plays the game to exploit that, even though he may lose a metre of two in speed. But, time will catch-up with him as it does to us all.

How long do you continue to manage him as we have done, with very limited return - another few months, a year, two years ... ? There comes a point in time where the harsh reality needs to be faced - either he is fit enough to play AFL or he isn't.

FREMANTLE DOCKERS
Fremantle Dockers need spread to help stars, says Michael Waltershttps://thewest.com.au/profile/jordan-mcardle
Fremantle Dockers improving
After-the-siren hero Michael Walters believes the only way is up for Fremantle in the second half of the season.The Dockers snapped a three-game losing streak with a one-point victory over Brisbane on Sunday, with Walters kicking the match-winning behind to send the Optus Stadium crowd into raptures.
The star forward, who finished with 25 disposals and two goals, said it was encouraging to see an even contribution after too much being left to too few in recent weeks
“We can’t just rely on the senior players or the leadership group, we need to make sure that everyone steps up and plays their role,” Walters said.
“Everyone stepped up."
You could feel it among the group before the game.“The way we came together at the end of that game was unbelievable, something I haven’t felt in a long time.“I feel like we’re finally starting to click. Our chemistry is there.
At times we’re inconsistent, but I feel pretty good.“It’s good to enjoy victories like that. Coming off a three-week losing streak, it’s tough, especially on a young group. They start doubting themselves. I feel like we had a strong focus coming into the match and the coaching staff led us well from the start.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FREMANTLE DOCKERS
Fremantle Dockers need spread to help stars, says Michael Waltershttps://thewest.com.au/profile/jordan-mcardle
Fremantle Dockers improving
After-the-siren hero Michael Walters believes the only way is up for Fremantle in the second half of the season.The Dockers snapped a three-game losing streak with a one-point victory over Brisbane on Sunday, with Walters kicking the match-winning behind to send the Optus Stadium crowd into raptures.
The star forward, who finished with 25 disposals and two goals, said it was encouraging to see an even contribution after too much being left to too few in recent weeks
“We can’t just rely on the senior players or the leadership group, we need to make sure that everyone steps up and plays their role,” Walters said.
“Everyone stepped up."
You could feel it among the group before the game.“The way we came together at the end of that game was unbelievable, something I haven’t felt in a long time.“I feel like we’re finally starting to click. Our chemistry is there.
At times we’re inconsistent, but I feel pretty good.“It’s good to enjoy victories like that. Coming off a three-week losing streak, it’s tough, especially on a young group. They start doubting themselves. I feel like we had a strong focus coming into the match and the coaching staff led us well from the start.”
Honesty I feel the below quote is most important here!

“I feel like we’re finally starting to click. Our chemistry is there.
At times we’re inconsistent, but I feel pretty good.“

Honesty I feel the below quote is most important here!

“I feel like we’re finally starting to click. Our chemistry is there.
At times we’re inconsistent, but I feel pretty good.“
The sentence before he says you could feel it among the group before the game. We were down in the Medallion Club where you can watch the players warm up through a glass wall and my partner & I commented how switched on and focused they looked but also how happy, lots of smiles and encouragement, Belly was down there talking to players and Fyfe was in command running the drills, leading by example.
I think the indigenous focus in the buildup made a difference, players like Wilson, Hill & Walters just blitzed.
Wilson's game on its own was practically the difference between the teams, the way he charged forward at every opportunity, something we've been crying out for. He's looked really timid all year and suddenly he came flying out of the blocks. When he, Ryan & Pearce are running through the centre taking ground it makes everyone else better.
So what Walters says is true, we need everyone to step up.

The sentence before he says you could feel it among the group before the game. We were down in the Medallion Club where you can watch the players warm up through a glass wall and my partner & I commented how switched on and focused they looked but also how happy, lots of smiles and encouragement, Belly was down there talking to players and Fyfe was in command running the drills, leading by example.
I think the indigenous focus in the buildup made a difference, players like Wilson, Hill & Walters just blitzed.
Wilson's game on its own was practically the difference between the teams, the way he charged forward at every opportunity, something we've been crying out for. He's looked really timid all year and suddenly he came flying out of the blocks. When he, Ryan & Pearce are running through the centre taking ground it makes everyone else better.
Also, noticed Walters changed his flopping approach. Took the game on, ducked and weaved. Maybe he got told to give his theatrics a rest after Essendon game. But he’s a lot harder at the ball and intent when he’s not worrying about flopping

I’d like to think we set ourselves a standard there.

Kudos to VFL360 this week. Slobbo and Pencil neck have talked about Freo 3 times this week.

Didn't realise WA was on their radar!
I don't have Foxtel so was hoping you could expand on "talked about". Positive or negative? Any interesting facts?

Did you hear what The Hack said about Jesse this morning??

Went on and on and on about how Ross was backing Jesse and how completely over the top it was and how the happy faced hugging Ross was all a show.
So ridiculously obvious he has a real personal agenda against Ross and Freo. He's total gutter and he should be embarassed by the way he goes on and on with his negative narrative.

An out and out tool of the highest order!!

Is he banned from Freo pressers?

Do love what Jesse apparently said yesterday to reporters waiting to interview Wilson. Supposedly he walked out the door and said 'Oh you don't wanna talk to me......cos I'm playing shithouse!' and went back inside. . Love it.

Fwiw, I'm 150% behind Jesse. He's gonna be a gun for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back