Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 4, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
I'm just gonna go ahead and say.. not a fan of Pav. He tries so hard not to be bias that he has literally gone the opposite direction.

I've heard more positive things coming from known Freo bashers than Pav in these past two years.

Let the crucifixion begin...

Nah.

In the third quarter this week he was definitely flying the Freo flag.

Pav is just a bit more subtle and classier than the usual meathead ex-player commentators.

dxlr8r

Draftee
Feb 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
afl.com.au top 10 moments ranked Walters moment number 2 and cam's karate kick goal number 1. That s**t needs an enquiry. forget the goal line decisions that s**t is the most controversial call of the round.

Moonrat

Team Captain
Sep 9, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
The AFL website didn't even mention your win in their 9 things we learnt column - they decided to write about Brayden Maynard instead of a great come from behind win: https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-06-02/nine-things-we-learned-from-round-11

Pretty ridiculous stuff!
I wanted to comment on this earlier too, but I was too busy drinking Chardonnay in an Eagles corporate box lol

But yes...... What a joke. What a complete joke! To pick THAT out of that game. Just yet another stink up from the Vic boys club AFL and their so called 'journos'

(Free food and p#ss so please don't judge me, you'd have gone too!)

Cobbler

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
I wanted to comment on this earlier too, but I was too busy drinking Chardonnay in an Eagles corporate box lol

But yes...... What a joke. What a complete joke! To pick THAT out of that game. Just yet another stink up from the Vic boys club AFL and their so called 'journos'

(Free food and p#ss so please don't judge me, you'd have gone too!)

Pretty sure it was the hard and improved and bloody marvellous Maynard that got beaten to the ball by Brayshaw and left looking at his hands with nothing in them.

Absolute joke to have Freo win at the MCG and for Maynard to be the story.

FMD.

Moonrat

Team Captain
Sep 9, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
When is someone in a position of influence gonna call these people out for what they are????
It really needs to change for the good of the game. It's the best ball sport on the planet and it's being eroded from deep within and from without by the people that purportedly manage and love it.

Anyway, enough of the Chardonnay talk.........zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Sep 4, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
When is someone in a position of influence gonna call these people out for what they are????
It really needs to change for the good of the game. It's the best ball sport on the planet and it's being eroded from deep within and from without by the people that purportedly manage and love it.

Anyway, enough of the Chardonnay talk.........zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

AFL's Priorities in order of importance:

1) Make the most cash possible (i.e. Highest ratings and highest revenue)

1) Make sure the Victorian heartland is taken care of to preserve their power base. No one will be able to legitimately challenge AFL House if the Vic teams are happy so maintaining the struggling Vic clubs with Friday night footy, sweet marketing deals for star players etc is essential.

3) Expanding the AFL market to make more cash (i.e. see priority 1). GWS and GCS will be propped up through picks, academy players, cash etc...

Now remember that the system that supports this is the same one that installs most of the AFL media as well. Former Vic players and/or media that support the AFL priorities.

Now you might notice that Freo doesn't and never will fit into these priorities.

I love our club but we are the Sacramento Kings of the AFL. There's not the money or motivation for Freo to be front and centre.

I understand the angst in this thread but it's very very unlikely our media coverage will change.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Pretty sure it was the hard and improved and bloody marvellous Maynard that got beaten to the ball by Brayshaw and left looking at his hands with nothing in them.

Absolute joke to have Freo win at the MCG and for Maynard to be the story.

FMD.
What’s so good about Maynard that unique about him? Left Sheed open and didn’t defend, kicked the winning goal. Oh he’s Victorian.. right.

Apr 14, 2018
Just up the street
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC
AFL's Priorities in order of importance:

1) Make the most cash possible (i.e. Highest ratings and highest revenue)

1) Make sure the Victorian heartland is taken care of to preserve their power base. No one will be able to legitimately challenge AFL House if the Vic teams are happy so maintaining the struggling Vic clubs with Friday night footy, sweet marketing deals for star players etc is essential.

3) Expanding the AFL market to make more cash (i.e. see priority 1). GWS and GCS will be propped up through picks, academy players, cash etc...

Now remember that the system that supports this is the same one that installs most of the AFL media as well. Former Vic players and/or media that support the AFL priorities.

Now you might notice that Freo doesn't and never will fit into these priorities.

I love our club but we are the Sacramento Kings of the AFL. There's not the money or motivation for Freo to be front and centre.

I understand the angst in this thread but it's very very unlikely our media coverage will change.
Agree, but I always thought we were the Newcastle United of the AFL.

Superkoops

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I don’t have a prob with Pav. The other flogs like King and Dixon well best I not comment on them. Interesting that King posted a tweet yesterday complimenting Freo on their win - some sort of realisation that he and his VIC mates went too far.

As for channel seven. I heard that comment about Freo being stripped of the points. Just about choked on my food and had to unnecessarily explain to my 8 year old upset son that it won’t happen and is media sensationalism at its best. Terrible angle taken by seven.

Carltank & St Killedya will keep them busy for the next week.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Aug 6, 2018
Karratha or Windsor Hotel
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Perth
I don’t have a prob with Pav. The other flogs like King and Dixon well best I not comment on them. Interesting that King posted a tweet yesterday complimenting Freo on their win - some sort of realisation that he and his VIC mates went too far.

As for channel seven. I heard that comment about Freo being stripped of the points. Just about choked on my food and had to unnecessarily explain to my 8 year old upset son that it won’t happen and is media sensationalism at its best. Terrible angle taken by seven.

Carltank & St Killedya will keep them busy for the next week.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Get ready for The Smarmy Slimey Basil Z's interview with Ross on Tuesday
Im outraged in advance
Am certain he will diminish the win with the touched ball bullshi#

May 11, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Ipswich Town FC, Leeds Rhinos
afl.com.au top 10 moments ranked Walters moment number 2 and cam's karate kick goal number 1. That **** needs an enquiry. forget the goal line decisions that **** is the most controversial call of the round.

To be honest I love that Brisbane goal, one of my favourites of the year and I have no problem it being #1. The only thing that lets it down is that Raynor only got the slightest of touches on the ball. Would have loved him to have kicked into Row Z.

But Maynard as the main takeaway from the game in the 'Nine things we learned' is scandalous.

G Mus

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 30, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus
I'm just gonna go ahead and say.. not a fan of Pav. He tries so hard not to be bias that he has literally gone the opposite direction.

I've heard more positive things coming from known Freo bashers than Pav in these past two years.

Let the crucifixion begin...
Bit of a bootlicker I think

arsesmart

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Pav is a unicorn. He’s unique in the national footy media landscape as an ex-Docker. Point your roo-bar-fluffy-dice-towball-fake-rams-balls-kitted ute elsewhere, unicorns are bad roadkill.

In a tense emotional game-watching state it’s easy to interpret every silence, neutral statement, hedged comment as traitorous, but there’s fans from 17 other clubs on a trigger edge to call Freo-bias. I reckon it’s a hard field he’s got to plough.

He’s trying to build something of a career in the media and he’s currently trading off his legend status and a scrupulously fair-minded approach. Until he has either built up a deal of familiarity and cache, there’s pressure to stay between the lines. Recent player status only goes for so long.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back