Mega Thread The Media Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 25, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
And of course Kane Cornes couldn't let it slide (pardon the pun).
He reckon's Fyfe should have been reported and it was "an ordinary effort by Fyfe". Seriously, Freo are living rent free in his head.
When I saw this incident happen, I thought it was one of those that could have been paid for slide/taking the legs, but the umps are generally easier on that rule in wet conditions.
On replay, if Fyfe had have stayed on his feet, it would have been a nasty collision with Dangerfield sandwiched between Fyfe and Darcy ... which in the past has led to Fyfe being suspended for a head clash. And Fyfe didn't slide in with his knees. Yes Fyfe dropped low and so it would have been fair to be a free against, but Dangerfield tripped over Fyfes torso, not Fyfe's legs or knees. In fact, even though it was wet, Fyfe's action of dropping low meant that there was very little sliding in ... less than about 1 metre of very slow movement.

Haha just call it for what it was, a clumsy action from a player who has a history of clumsy actions. It was a free and thats it. No point dissecting it to try and make it seems like it was OK, it wasn't and if thats Danger on Fyfe you would be up in arms. Why football fans feel the need to defend everything that happens has always puzzled me.

Witch1

Team Captain
Sep 4, 2016
MCG
AFL Club
Fremantle
Would have been pretty ironic if danger had got seriously injured given the fact he has consistently whinged about the sliding rule since it was introduced.
Refresh my memory. Has he been for it or against it? Or the interpretation?

fnerd

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 23, 2009
Castilly rock
AFL Club
Fremantle
Look at this pile of crap posted on 7afl media Instagram page
What rubbish
So that’s where it came from. Had a mate send that to us .

And yep I was on the money(quite bewildering really)-in that I said at the time (not asking him where it came from) that it was probably just some offended eagle fan who couldn’t handle us winning yesterday so off they scurry to find some random , obscure stat to try hang s**t on us again.... as it turned out I was right -the offended eagle fan(s)being the ch7 media team

Just when I think they can’t get any more unprofessional and pathetic they fall again

Belnakor

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Refresh my memory. Has he been for it or against it? Or the interpretation?

he has tweeted several times about incidents where the player diving in was penalized being like "wtf! he is going for the ball'

in case anyone didn't realize Danger is a bit of a meathead. But if he'd done his ACL he'd probably still come out saying the rule sucks.

Witch1

Team Captain
Sep 4, 2016
MCG
AFL Club
Fremantle
he has tweeted several times about incidents where the player diving in was penalized being like "wtf! he is going for the ball'

in case anyone didn't realize Danger is a bit of a meathead. But if he'd done his ACL he'd probably still come out saying the rule sucks.
Ok thanks. I googled it in the meantime and it's indeed ironic.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Sunday times owned by the same company that owns The West and Channel 7?
Karl Langdon with a pathetic rant. Obviously penciled in Freo losing. Play the kids. But Ross did? What a stuff up for the Sunday.
Oh and that he’s been coaching since 2008 for 4 GFs, 5 Prelims and no flag. WTF ? Apart from Clarkson, who else has made that many currently.
What annoys me in that Mick Malthouse last won a flag in 94 with West Coast. Didn’t make another GF by 2002. Won his third and last flag 16 years after he last won his second. But he seemed to get away with everything. 5 with 1 Drawn GFs in 31 years? What kind of metric is Karl putting here.

PurpleEyes

Premiership Player
Jul 2, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Haha just call it for what it was, a clumsy action from a player who has a history of clumsy actions. It was a free and thats it. No point dissecting it to try and make it seems like it was OK, it wasn't and if thats Danger on Fyfe you would be up in arms. Why football fans feel the need to defend everything that happens has always puzzled me.

Did you not read the part where I said I thought it was a free kick to Dangerfield?
Do you agree with Kane Cornes that it was "an ordinary effort by Fyfe" and nearly reportable?
Your response for a supposed Freo fan puzzles me.

Daddoo

Master Chef
Oct 31, 2015
Chicago
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers Milwaukee Brewers
Anyone got evidence of the Walters and Hill chat with Kelly?

The Fox replay obviously doesn't show it

Right here. And I was also lucky enough to obtain exclusive audio from the conversation picked up from an umps mic...

Sonny: Hey mate, you coming here next year or what?
Kelly: Nah, cats are waaaay better.

Sonny: Uhhhhhh. One word, mate: Scoreboard. Plus cuddles gives great hugs.
Kelly: Abblet doesn't hug and his bald head kind of freaks me out. Plus danger is a bit of a dick. Ok, I'm in.

Sonny: Atta boy. See ya next year.
BHill: You can stay with me. My missus will be in Melbourne and I'm staying here, so I'll be flying solo. ;)

PurpleEyes

Premiership Player
Jul 2, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Haha. WA media can't bash Lyon this week, so they are playing up the Fyfe slide instead.
(My apologies for promoting their junk by providing the link https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/f...elong-star-patrick-dangerfield-ng-b881281321z )

So Fyfe likely gets 3 Brownlow votes for the game and the Freo bashers choose to focus on a "potential" incident. There wasn't even any forceful contact below the knees to Dangerfield. There is nothing reportable. Yes the umpire could have given a free kick against Fyfe, but he didn't even do that.
Pretty much every week I see "potential" sliding events in a game and nothing is made of it.

The Freo bashers really don't like it when we upset them.

Sep 2, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
NUFC , Pistons , Lions
Haha. WA media can't bash Lyon this week, so they are playing up the Fyfe slide instead.
(My apologies for promoting their junk by providing the link https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/f...elong-star-patrick-dangerfield-ng-b881281321z )

When queried by Damian Barrett about whether Fyfe should come under scrutiny, Cornes said “I think (the Match Review Panel) need to look at that”.

This bloke has lost the plot. Although it probably should've been a free kick Sean Darcys little shove in the back makes it look worse than it is.
But kane you can go GAGF

PurpleEyes

Premiership Player
Jul 2, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
When queried by Damian Barrett about whether Fyfe should come under scrutiny, Cornes said “I think (the Match Review Panel) need to look at that”.

This bloke has lost the plot. Although it probably should've been a free kick Sean Darcys little shove in the back makes it look worse than it is.
But kane you can go GAGF
What do people think would have happened if Fyfe had have stayed high?
Dangerfield would have got absolutely smashed between Fyfe and Darcy. The collision would have hurt far more than what ended up happening.
And for them to make comparisons to the Gary Rohan incident is absolutely ridiculous. Lindsay Thomas went feet first straight at Rohan's ankle, at high speed. The two events are nothing similar.

DanWA

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle Sharks
Vic media always going to hate on both W.A teams

The W.A media always positive when teams are up

Some good Duffield stories out there after the good win against Geelong on the weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back