Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old mate Dan can be a giant flog but his point is valid. When you lose you cop s**t, when you win you get given the rub of the greeen. Its how its always worked and always will work. Langdon has actually been pretty solid in his support of Freo, Duffield has always presented a neutral perspective and Robinson gives us our due when its deserved. Hell, Barrett is probably RTBs number 1 fan.

Cornes is a flog to all clubs, its not just Freo. I have never seen so many AFL players hate a media person so openly, especially an ex-player.

I think we get a bit carried away with ther persecution complex sometimes. Perform, the media coverage will be positive, dont perform, it will turn pretty quick. The problem we have is the Eagles are an elite club ran as well as any in the country where we have always been behind. Makes it seem worse than it is.

I will make one exception. The coverage on NicNat is ridiculous and over the top

Last edited:
Vic media always going to hate on both W.A teams

The W.A media always positive when teams are up

Some good Duffield stories out there after the good win against Geelong on the weekend
What about pre game? Mark Duffield is actually a good football brain, journalist.
But he really does resort to writing trash to keep up the media parade. Watch him write a junk piece during the week. It’s the cycle. Ross out.. oh he won an incredible game, Ross is the man.

Lyon just sits there smirking. It’s never as bad as they seem. This WA media is pathetic.

What about pre game? Mark Duffield is actually a good football brain, journalist.
But he really does resort to writing trash to keep up the media parade. Watch him write a junk piece during the week. It’s the cycle. Ross out.. oh he won an incredible game, Ross is the man.

Lyon just sits there smirking. It’s never as bad as they seem. This WA media is pathetic.
Some sustained success will turn that around

They just default to negativity when the team is under performing on the regular

The Geelong win was a great win, hence the good response from the W.A media

The non W.A media is the true evil

Caught a bit of 6PR on Sat morning - thankfully not much was way too busy and in and out of the car.

The vitriol and hatred towards Freo was next level. Hardie and Crumpets were going into overdrive and the worst thing was a number of Eagle Supporters ringing through and flaming the fire and also sticking fat with Crumpets. “Haters will haters Kimbo, don’t be afraid to speak the truth brother...” On it went mixed in with a few Freo supporters very passionately speaking about how Rosco needs to go ASAP. I could almost hear Crumpets giving himself a hand in the background. He even friggin applauded someone as they finished their call. I heard only about 15mins and it very obvious those two have an agenda if it wasn’t already. Also how can they just have those two bozo’s with not a single other half decent person on the coverage preventing such a onesided talkback.

I’ve stopped listening to 6PR. I’m sick of their agendas and vile vitriol they spew up all the time and the Eagles supporters and the Ross haters lap it up.

And if I hear ‘I’m not a Freo supporter but....’ one more time in the words of Terry Wallace I’ll spew up 🤮. It’s like the Eagles supporters think just because their team wins they know something about football and even worse anyone else cares!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve stopped listening to 6PR. I’m sick of their agendas and vile vitriol they spew up all the time and the Eagles supporters and the Ross haters lap it up.

And if I hear ‘I’m not a Freo supporter but....’ one more time in the words of Terry Wallace I’ll spew up 🤮. It’s like the Eagles supporters think just because their team wins they know something about football and even worse anyone else cares!

I started listening to 6pr in my dads car - 25 plus years - can't listen anymore as the standards of journalism led by hackdorn have dropped so significantly ( I realise this is due to click bait and the news cycle) I can't listen anymore. I have also withdrawn business advertising both due to the agenda and because more people watch youtube and facebook etc than watch 7, 9 ,10 etc or look at seven west and listen to 6pr.

If they don't look at what is working online and change... that doesn't mean making crap content and putting it behind a paywall bloody west.. they will be gone in the next ten years.

Haha. WA media can't bash Lyon this week, so they are playing up the Fyfe slide instead.
(My apologies for promoting their junk by providing the link https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/f...elong-star-patrick-dangerfield-ng-b881281321z )

So Fyfe likely gets 3 Brownlow votes for the game and the Freo bashers choose to focus on a "potential" incident. There wasn't even any forceful contact below the knees to Dangerfield. There is nothing reportable. Yes the umpire could have given a free kick against Fyfe, but he didn't even do that.
Pretty much every week I see "potential" sliding events in a game and nothing is made of it.

The Freo bashers really don't like it when we upset them.
Port Adelaide: Fined $4000 by the MRP this week.
Freo: Fined $0 by the MRP this week

I started listening to 6pr in my dads car - 25 plus years - can't listen anymore as the standards of journalism led by hackdorn have dropped so significantly ( I realise this is due to click bait and the news cycle) I can't listen anymore. I have also withdrawn business advertising both due to the agenda and because more people watch youtube and facebook etc than watch 7, 9 ,10 etc or look at seven west and listen to 6pr.

If they don't look at what is working online and change... that doesn't mean making crap content and putting it behind a paywall bloody west.. they will be gone in the next ten years.
Quality post. I try to limit to Haze and Langdon on the way home from work and need to get in the habit of then turning it off. Those two are ok for the drive home.

Sat morning never listen aside from my own error and was astounded how bad those two could possibly get.

The West is dying rapidly and has been for years. All my kids watch now is You Tube. Then when we make them turn that off - they have a look over Netflix and Stan before deciding better of it and prefer to actually read books.

Caught a bit of 6PR on Sat morning - thankfully not much was way too busy and in and out of the car.

The vitriol and hatred towards Freo was next level. Hardie and Crumpets were going into overdrive and the worst thing was a number of Eagle Supporters ringing through and flaming the fire and also sticking fat with Crumpets. “Haters will haters Kimbo, don’t be afraid to speak the truth brother...” On it went mixed in with a few Freo supporters very passionately speaking about how Rosco needs to go ASAP. I could almost hear Crumpets giving himself a hand in the background. He even friggin applauded someone as they finished their call. I heard only about 15mins and it very obvious those two have an agenda if it wasn’t already. Also how can they just have those two bozo’s with not a single other half decent person on the coverage preventing such a onesided talkback.

I had the further displeasure of listening to Peter Vlahos chatting to Suma about his background and what he could bring to the Freo coaching group in a round-about-way on the arvo session. The station had gone unashamedly full-Suma-mode and was backing him in 100% to fix all the clubs problems that had been raised throughout the day.

This creates the problem where your average punter goes " why doesn't your club give Suma a go he would go alright...6PR seem to think so they know what there talking about right...?" "He's gotta be better than Lyon he's too defensive. Suma's Ex-WC from the glory days he understands how to win he's gotta be better than anything you lot have already...!"

Its like no. Just no! He's been overlooked by several teams already. He wasn't good enough for WCE what makes you think he would be good enough for us? Its just gives the much larger WCE listener group another reason to be self-righteous when they get most of there opinions from morons like Haggers & Hardie who have axes to grind & hidden agendas...

The true evil is West coast flogs coming on here and trying to convince us that the WA media is fair and balanced towards Freo .
I would suspect your hatred towards them is due to the times they have nothing positive to write about

Currently Freo had a great win over Geelong hence the positive media

The non W.A media is the true evil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back