• 543742E2-8391-4E1E-9E76-06829070A00A.png
    543742E2-8391-4E1E-9E76-06829070A00A.png
    550.1 KB · Views: 237

halalsnackpack

All Australian
Apr 11, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Membership means nothing these days, but it's still revenue for the club. Hopefully the drop off sends them a message and changes are made

Sep 2, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
NUFC , Pistons , Lions
I've been in Melbourne last 2 years and had an AFL Membership. 600$ for unlimited games is a ridiculous bargain compared to a club membership. I'd like to support the club but not sure i'd pay anywhere close to that for a freo membership when its only 11 games.

wild side

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2010
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I pay $599 for 11 games, but i must argue that membership is everything. Its how you promote corporates to the table etc
The AFL did say a lot of the growth has come from 3 game memberships.
Melbourne football is way better value but there is a lot of teams, and 5 million people

Monument Hills

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hufflepuff, Wildcats, WCE womens
Gee VSToday puts up some sh5t articles on Freo. You would think that this week Freo and Ross may get some reprieve. But no, d1ckheads do d1ckheady things. They won't be getting my money either.

Jul 18, 2010
Australia.
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Perth.
See the Worst today are potting us for dropping from 55,000 members to 51,000. Biggest drop in AFL in %, but still makes us one of the bigger clubs in comp doesn't it?
I didn't read it, just saw headline on their paywall
I signed all my family up this year...even the kids...
Next season some of my extended family might become Freo members as well ;)

Midnite65

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Philadelpia 76'ers
These numbers more or less just reveal how many part time supporters jump on the bandwagon when things are going well ala WCE & Coll...bumped up 10k members by making the GF.
Dont worry it will swing back the other way when there form changes...
It seems like the AFLK clubs count "3 game memberships" as part of the membership numbers, how does the massive commitment of paying for 3 games qualify you as a member?? It sounds like the sort of stats the Weest Australian put out every 6 month on their readership growth yet there are no other options for people that still buy newspapers

Midnite65

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Philadelpia 76'ers
The West or people like Hardie cant bring themselves to look for any positivity on the win, although most of us ask why cant that effort be put in each week Hardie could not even make 1 single positive comment yesterday afternoon on the radio, all he could talk about was in 1989 his Bears beat the Hawks in round 18 and the Hawks won the GF so really it meant nothing. He is a first class flog, would far prefer they get someone like Barlow to take over his role as he offers some balanced views and will still criticise when needed.

Jan 18, 2002
A bay at Rotto
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Rottnest
See the Worst today are potting us for dropping from 55,000 members to 51,000. Biggest drop in AFL in %, but still makes us one of the bigger clubs in comp doesn't it?
I didn't read it, just saw headline on their paywall

That last line should read, “I didn’t read it, just saw the headline on the toilet roll”.

One_Wing

Premiership Player
Jan 10, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
22 under 22 vote is on, no option to vote for Sean Darcy as ruckman. Options are Tim English and Harry McKay.........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

StingBitten

The Midland Steal
May 31, 2012
Bayswater
AFL Club
Fremantle
After our epic win 7West have thrown everything bar the kitchen sink in trying to demoralize us:

- Fyfe's slide tackle
- Freo's lagging membership numbers
- Brad Hill wants out

Not including the injury reports and other trade rumors.

It's only Wednesday - it's no surprise the Melbourne media has finally cottoned on to the disgraceful state of journalism affairs in this corner of the globe.

Outshined

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2009
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
After our epic win 7West have thrown everything bar the kitchen sink in trying to demoralize us:

- Fyfe's slide tackle
- Brad Hill wants out

It's only Wednesday - it's no surprise the Melbourne media has finally cottoned on to the disgraceful state of journalism affairs in this corner of the globe.

Exhibit A

It's just hilarious at this point.

Jun 25, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle

- Fyfe's slide tackle
- Brad Hill wants out

I have seen plenty of positive articles as well mostly written by Duff, The West didn't release the membership numbers this week and it showed that Fremantle had the greatest % decrease. That's a pretty easy article to write. Fyfes slide tackle was actually started by Kane Cornes who last I checked wasn't part of the WA media. Brad Hill wanting out was written by Jon Ralph who also isn't part of the WA media.

People need to chill a bit on the whole everyone is out to get us angle. When we start to win games we will get more positive attention.

StingBitten

The Midland Steal
May 31, 2012
Bayswater
AFL Club
Fremantle
I have seen plenty of positive articles as well mostly written by Duff, The West didn't release the membership numbers this week and it showed that Fremantle had the greatest % decrease. That's a pretty easy article to write. Fyfes slide tackle was actually started by Kane Cornes who last I checked wasn't part of the WA media. Brad Hill wanting out was written by Jon Ralph who also isn't part of the WA media.

People need to chill a bit on the whole everyone is out to get us angle. When we start to win games we will get more positive attention.

Are you suggesting that the 2012-2015 period was celebrated by media?

My old man has a garage full of the Weekend West and I can assure you it wasn't.

JohnW

Club Legend
Oct 6, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
WCE have 90k members in a 50k stadium they get 40k to every week? righto.

FYI the stadium hols like 60k. And we have averaged over 50k last year and this year so far.

Who knows how they get 90k im guessing the waiting list etc. Each waiting list membership is entitled to 2 adults and 2 kids so im not sure if they count 1 waiting list membership as 4 potential members or not.

Jun 25, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Are you suggesting that the 2012-2015 period was celebrated by media?

My old man has a garage full of the Weekend West and I can assure you it wasn't.

I'm sure there were far more positive articles than negative during that period yes.

Does the media have a bias towards West Coast over Fremantle? Yes of course they do, they also have far far more of a following in the state so it would be a poor business decision not to lean that way. But when things were bad at West Coast it was pretty ferocious as well, I remember the Judge days being quite hostile. The thing is all of your points were actually driven from the East and just ran with by The West.

Apr 25, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
stirling senators
FYI the stadium hols like 60k. And we have averaged over 50k last year and this year so far.

Who knows how they get 90k im guessing the waiting list etc. Each waiting list membership is entitled to 2 adults and 2 kids so im not sure if they count 1 waiting list membership as 4 potential members or not.
The waiting time is over ten years on the waiting list to get season Eagles membership.Eagles averaged 57,500 to home games last season including finals.This season is on the same track .
Country memberships,three day memberships and Eagles in waiting are the main memberships outside of full membership.If the stadium held 70,000 there would still be the same number of Eagles in waiting (over 10,000) and 100,000 members as tens of thousands of would be Eagles members dont bother trying such is the demand.

AAACockburn

Premiership Player
Mar 30, 2013
Inside Wayne Carey's pain relief Ziplock.
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
VFL

Harley Bennell to meet with Melbourne-based club in hope of AFL comeback
Bennell and his manager Colin Young will meet with officials from a Victorian club in three weeks to provide an update on his mental and physical wellbeing.

Hope he gets another crack to show his talent.
edit: Stupid Hs copypasta block.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
I never watch channel 7 but saw the Ross interview with Basil on the club’s website.

Is it always that frosty and fake between them? I had to laugh out loud when Ross signed off by thanking Basil for “all of his support”. He looked like he wanted to choke him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back