Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 18, 2002
A bay at Rotto
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Rottnest
I never watch channel 7 but saw the Ross interview with Basil on the club’s website.

Is it always that frosty and fake between them? I had to laugh out loud when Ross signed off by thanking Basil for “all of his support”. He looked like he wanted to choke him.

Why choke Basil, when snotting him will be so much more satisfying.

Bring back Stephen Hooper.

Sweetback

Cancelled
Dec 23, 2014
FYI the stadium hols like 60k. And we have averaged over 50k last year and this year so far.

Who knows how they get 90k im guessing the waiting list etc. Each waiting list membership is entitled to 2 adults and 2 kids so im not sure if they count 1 waiting list membership as 4 potential members or not.

It would include interstate and three game memberships and the like.

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers
The waiting time is over ten years on the waiting list to get season Eagles membership.Eagles averaged 57,500 to home games last season including finals.This season is on the same track .
Country memberships,three day memberships and Eagles in waiting are the main memberships outside of full membership.If the stadium held 70,000 there would still be the same number of Eagles in waiting (over 10,000) and 100,000 members as tens of thousands of would be Eagles members dont bother trying such is the demand.

Surprised to see you posting on our board Mr Partyhat, isn't it triggering to be around so many Freo fans? Is it possible you secretly like us more than you let on?

Hope he gets another crack to show his talent.
edit: Stupid Hs copypasta block.

Honestly I feel bad for him because he's clearly in massive denial/receiving poor advice. His career as a footy player is over and he needs to start planning for the future.

fnerd

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 23, 2009
Castilly rock
AFL Club
Fremantle
The waiting time is over ten years on the waiting list to get season Eagles membership.Eagles averaged 57,500 to home games last season including finals.This season is on the same track .
Country memberships,three day memberships and Eagles in waiting are the main memberships outside of full membership.If the stadium held 70,000 there would still be the same number of Eagles in waiting (over 10,000) and 100,000 members as tens of thousands of would be Eagles members dont bother trying such is the demand.
Yeah that’s just great
, nothing like having all those people like yourself living life vicariously through their football team .
Now tell us again why your here?

Apr 25, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
stirling senators
Surprised to see you posting on our board Mr Partyhat, isn't it triggering to be around so many Freo fans? Is it possible you secretly like us more than you let on?

I am actully Steve Rosich's ,no I am not going to tell you that. - I browse your board maybe once a week or so and if something makes me laugh I press the like button and like everybody I watch a few Fremantle games they are on tv every week during the season, though I cant sit though a whole one most a da time.Usually hit the bar and the free food at the occasional corporate thingos at Freo games ( been to three in five years they dont invite me much not sure why 🙄, I dont dislike the club am not at at all compedative when we aint competing.Though your still a chance of finals.I suppose.
Just want to make the point that the market is huge in Perth and you lot could maybe think bigger,run your own race not worry about competing with the Eagles so much but just be an attractive destination there is no reason Freo cant be a huge club to rival the Melbourne big 4 if they get it right and the Perth stadium can get bigger and extended to 70,000.and be near full for both WA teams.

AAACockburn

Premiership Player
Mar 30, 2013
Inside Wayne Carey's pain relief Ziplock.
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
VFL
Honestly I feel bad for him because he's clearly in massive denial/receiving poor advice. His career as a footy player is over and he needs to start planning for the future.
Yea I am still on a bit of a high after last week and don't want to face the grim harsh reality atm.
But I still hold a glimmer of hope.

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
I wish nothing but the best for Harley, of course it'll be annoying if he ends up becoming the star he was destined to be at another club, but I'll be happy for the man who gets to live out his football dream.

wild side

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2010
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hackdorn wants Ross gone, but wants Suma in. I don't really see why his opinion is above the 50,000 members that pay a fee every year to have an opinion.
He is a leach that benefits from Freo, way more than Freo benefits from him.
I reckon we ban him from being on here, like the Dockers have obviously banned him from them

One_Wing

Premiership Player
Jan 10, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle

poshman

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 13, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle

anything said by a 6pr hack can be found.on WAtoday which has no paywall

Don't reward him with the click - that is what matters in the business now. If we don't like him, don't click.

He isn't saying anything we or others don't know, it is barely news.

Jun 12, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Don’t watch fox shows anymore there personal agendas grind me but happened to flick past hoping to see a nice word about freo for once after smashing the cats and they were dribbling about hilly
Geraldo ( club has to hold firm and not trade t Kelly he has a contract ) Wankley was saying you can’t keep a guy who doesn’t want to be there and freo should trade hilly
No tin hat required accountability should be removed from the dictionary a mans word is meaningless today

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
Don’t watch fox shows anymore there personal agendas grind me but happened to flick past hoping to see a nice word about freo for once after smashing the cats and they were dribbling about hilly
Geraldo ( club has to hold firm and not trade t Kelly he has a contract ) Wankley was saying you can’t keep a guy who doesn’t want to be there and freo should trade hilly
No tin hat required accountability should be removed from the dictionary a mans word is meaningless today
Whately has softened considerably on Ross and Freo in general lately. I don't disagree with him either. In fact he pretty much said what I have about Hill - if he is going, let him go as long as the trade is on our terms. He thinks it will be as at least 3 clubs will cough up what is required to get it done.

What you can't do with Whately ever is expect him to be 100% objective on Geelong (ie Kelly). He isn't. That would be like asking any of us to be 100% objective on Freo - we're not.

Jun 12, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Whately has softened considerably on Ross and Freo in general lately. I don't disagree with him either. In fact he pretty much said what I have about Hill - if he is going, let him go as long as the trade is on our terms. He thinks it will be as at least 3 clubs will cough up what is required to get it done.

What you can't do with Whately ever is expect him to be 100% objective on Geelong (ie Kelly). He isn't. That would be like asking any of us to be 100% objective on Freo - we're not.
He recovered himself but his initial statement of you can’t keep a player that doesn’t want to be there contradicts his view from late last year of keeping Players to there contracts just means his words are his opinions on the day and hold no substance or value especially how Tim didn’t know where he was going when he sign his contract and hilly had a say in length location and income when he signed.
We supporters can be one eyed but surely when your in a national media job you have to leave your guernsey at home.
It wasn’t long ago that you didn’t know who the presenters and journos supported only the people that played

Last edited:

fnerd

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 23, 2009
Castilly rock
AFL Club
Fremantle
It wasn’t long ago that you didn’t know who the presenters and journos supported only the people that played
Yeah I know(sigh)

It’s gone so much the other way now it’s slmost ‘encouraged’ by their media peers to talk up their allegiances/rib them for it

Its like they’ve decided that’s what the common viewer should want...
Errr no I just want some objectivity and professionalism to my football media/commentary, like any other major sport around the world.

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
He recovered himself but his initial statement of you can’t keep a player that doesn’t want to be there contradicts his view from late last year of keeping Players to there contracts just means his words are his opinions on the day and hold no substance or value especially how Tim didn’t know where he was going when he sign his contract and hilly had a say in length location and income when he signed.
We supporters can be one eyed but surely when your in a national media job you have to leave your guernsey at home.
He can contradict himself and still have a point and thats exactly what i think has happened.

Paracleet

Emotion is not going to get the job done..
Jun 30, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
It's not a binary thing. Players should not always be held to them or conversly let go just because they want to: Whether a player is released in contact without the compensation being highly favourable should come down to a balance between the strenght of of the reasoning and the position of the club. In my view Hills reasoning lies probably around or a bit below the mid line for reasonable cirsumstances: He should expect a solid possibility of there being no deal till the following year.
I think his agents media antics are a tacit acknowledgement of this.

yyou

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
NY Mets, NO Pelicans, Toronto Leafs
How do those west coast eagles memberships work ? Like the new 10k that signed up from last year to this? The chance to buy resell tickets ?
obviously it isn't a waiting list for a lobotomy, as that is a prerequisite to join. :p

Monument Hills

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hufflepuff, Wildcats, WCE womens
I'm finding the local available news media a bizarre at the moment. Used to be ABC on the far left with the others centre right catering for the masses.

Now, it seems to me anyway, we have Perthnow and The Worst attached at the hip giving the same content in slightly different forms. TheWorst being brazenly raggie atm with Perthnow using similar shared content but less aggressive headlines. Having said that, I counted 10 girls in skimpy bikinis (not including the weird ads at the bottom) on Perthnow this morning so they've headed down that path, just more surreptitiously.

Then we have VSToday who has gone more left than the ABC telling us how we must think or we're evil. ABC almost seems closest to the centre (still on the left) atm for normal, educated, logically-thinking West Aussies. It's truly bizzaro world.*

(*mild rant may just have been an excuse to highlight that I saw lots of attractive ladies in bikinis on the news media this morning)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back