Not open for further replies.

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
Channels like 10 (especially all the idiots on the Project), 9 and 7 all seem to be left wing with 10 being the extreme left. Not sure what SBS but seems to be left, ABC is far right.

Apr 14, 2018
Just up the street
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC
Today’s rag had this, don’t know much about Mark Readings, another West Coast numpty perhaps

Attachments

• 57C036E4-FD35-4C2E-BD0C-558091C34098.png
    57C036E4-FD35-4C2E-BD0C-558091C34098.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 222
Nov 7, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm finding the local available news media a bizarre at the moment. Used to be ABC on the far left with the others centre right catering for the masses.

Now, it seems to me anyway, we have Perthnow and The Worst attached at the hip giving the same content in slightly different forms. TheWorst being brazenly raggie atm with Perthnow using similar shared content but less aggressive headlines. Having said that, I counted 10 girls in skimpy bikinis (not including the weird ads at the bottom) on Perthnow this morning so they've headed down that path, just more surreptitiously.

Then we have VSToday who has gone more left than the ABC telling us how we must think or we're evil. ABC almost seems closest to the centre (still on the left) atm for normal, educated, logically-thinking West Aussies. It's truly bizzaro world.*

(*mild rant may just have been an excuse to highlight that I saw lots of attractive ladies in bikinis on the news media this morning)
Remember that Ch7, PerthNow and The West, are all owned by the same company, Seven West Media, so your bound to get vomit, regurgitated as more vomit, and so on and so on...

Plus all the local suburban papers as well...

Monument Hills

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hufflepuff, Wildcats, WCE womens
Funny old world where facts are considered 'left wing'.
Don't kid yourself. A friend of mine is a managing editor (and journalist) at Auntie and has been there for nearly 20 years. Journalism is always about the angles and facts are selected to back those up.

Footy related example - Ben Cameron article for ABC WA 25 July 2019

"...While some say the introduction of a host of youngsters can be used as an excuse for the Dockers' lack of victories, should it be? Last season they introduced eight AFL debutants, but so did the premiership-winning West Coast. Runner-up Collingwood blooded seven..."

Another fact not used as it didn't suit the angle: Of those debutants (to August 11 anyway - cdt Way_To_Go):

WC's 1st year dubutants played 15 games (which inc. 7 by the 21 y.o. Ryan). The 18/19yo draftees played a total of 8 games
Freo's 1st year dubutants played 76 games. The 18/19yo draftees played a total of 71 games

Midnite65

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Philadelpia 76'ers
Can you believe Channel Baz is now previewing the news this week with the Mark Harvey story about his sacking, get over it!!!!!!! Are they also going to do a scoop on the Sumich fall out??

wild side

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2010
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Brad Hill gone ski, and if he's coaching better now than when St Kilda won 20 out of 22 in 2009, one of the most dominant home and away seasons ever in AFL history, I'm a teetotaller

doberman

Team Captain
Sep 9, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Felt like that was a great interview. Mentioned our list was thin (should we have kept Barlow+DeBoer?) and the scrutiny from the WA Media.

In regards to him coaching the best he's ever coached, sometimes personal performance doesn't get results in team sports. Fyfe could be playing the best he's ever played and we could still lose. I think from his personal perspective he's smoothed all the rough edges of his coaching (delegation, calmness etc.) to be a more complete coach.

I'm prepared to give the man a break and let him do his job.

StingBitten

The Midland Steal
May 31, 2012
Bayswater
AFL Club
Fremantle
Just on Hackdorn, should be noted that he also called for the Wallabies to turn their backs on the haka and that the Aussies will pummel England 5-0 in the Ashes.

If that doesn't speak to thr Blokes arrogant, exaggerated manner I don't know what else would.

Fyfster

Club Legend
Nov 6, 2017
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont
I’m getting so annoyed by the game that I started flicking through my phone. I automatically go to reading the news. One headline on news.com.au is AFL star knocks out umpire. How long before the editor picks the error!
Sounds better than Borderline AFL player knocks out umpire.

Fyfster

Club Legend
Nov 6, 2017
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont
I think since the Bye Lachie has dropped off he is also getting tagged a lot more than he was at Freo. So i would be surprised if he won . His year when Fyfe was injured and he led the AFL possession count was more dominant , And he didn't make all Australian or do that well in the brownlow that year.

True about his status as but also had it been a Player from another club it would have read:
"Umpire collides with a player and knocked down"
It really wouldn’t, most media outlets would describe the player as an ‘AFL star’ irrespective of the actual ability of the player

Clemen

Team Captain
Feb 21, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
It really wouldn’t, most media outlets would describe the player as an ‘AFL star’ irrespective of the actual ability of the player
What it should’ve said is Star AFL Umpire Knocked Out In Game. Click Here To Find Out How.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back