Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFL.com.au reporting that our current membership total is under 45,000.... the only forecast comparison was from December 2018 when it was about 46,000, ending up at 51,431 in 2019.

So we'll be looking at just about 50,000 and possibly less if we get off to a bad start.... likely without Hogan, Pearce, Hamling, Wilson & Mundy. Considering we still have two pre-season matches to play and a good period of time before round one, it's probable that it will get worse.

AFL.com.au reporting that our current membership total is under 45,000.... the only forecast comparison was from December 2018 when it was about 46,000, ending up at 51,431 in 2019.

So we'll be looking at just about 50,000 and possibly less if we get off to a bad start.... likely without Hogan, Pearce, Hamling, Wilson & Mundy. Considering we still have two pre-season matches to play and a good period of time before round one, it's probable that it will get worse.

IIRC on the screen where the team store is when you walk into the Arc, it said yesterday we had oved 45k members.

A bit off topic, but nonetheless...a big a shout out to the guys and gals who post links to media that I either have not seen, wouldn't know where to look, or is behind a pay wall. Particularly Dale for his newspaper images and the fact it saves me from having to come into physical contact with that snot cloth of a tabloid that passes for our state's daily paper.

A big thank you, your service to the cause does not go unappreciated.

A lot of Eagles supporters seem to have forgotten a thing called Indian Pacific.

Loses are not good, but re-jiggle the club and forward we go.

“After their first three seasons the Eagles had lost around $13 million, were broke and on life support.

Amid public calls in 1989 for the Eagles to be scrapped, the West Australian Football Commission assumed 75 per cent control of Indian Pacific. Brian Cook was then appointed chief executive and Mick Malthouse was appointed coach.”

Alot of short memories in here by the sounds of things... Oh RTB 😍😍🥰💕💋 we miss you so..

Give me a break. The guy held us under the water for years after was gifted the best Freo outfit ever produced.

Exhibit A: Zac Dawson 👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did anyone catch this on Sat afternoon. Called “The cobblers Hour” with Mick Barlow, Spurr and Will Schofield. Light hearted radio show. They interviewed Alex Pearce. Worth a listen - Barlow and Spurr reminiscing about some of Rosco’s biggest sprays incl. a final where he was literally frothing from the mouth.

Tbh it's not like we're a soccer team and need the extra money for wages or tranfers. That finacial loss was very predictable and i am glad that the club mediocrity in term of results doesn't translate into profit.
Limits ability for soft cap spending

Not worried however

Anyone got the text for this?
Fremantle captain Nathan Fyfe has set his sights on a smarter brand of football that preserves his body and which will enable him to continue his career until his mid 30s.
Speaking to 7NEWS ahead of the February 28 bushfire appeal All-Stars match, where he will be one of the major drawcards, Fyfe said:
  • Playing in the match put him at no heightened risk of injury because if he wasn’t playing there he would be playing in a pre-season series game for Fremantle.
  • The All-Stars game would not be an exhibition and that they would be playing to win.
  • The new concept worked better than State of Origin because it only required one game a year.
  • That Fremantle would play a more aggressive and attacking style of game under new coach Justin Longmuir, with the emphasis on creating opportunities rather than defending.
Fyfe is 28 and underwent his fourth shoulder reconstruction over summer but said the injury had healed well, he had full range of movement and was playing “smarter and wiser” football.
“In previous years it was bash and crash and high contact, now I try to make better decisions so I can preserve myself and get through the season and hopefully still be playing when I am 34 or 35 years old,” he said.
Fyfe said it made little sense to say he was at any greater risk of injury because he was playing in this game.
Nat Fyfe of the Dockers in action during the 2019 AFL round 03 match between the Fremantle Dockers and the St Kilda Saints.
Nat Fyfe of the Dockers in action during the 2019 AFL round 03 match between the Fremantle Dockers and the St Kilda Saints. Credit: Daniel Carson/AFL Photos/AFL Photos
“If I wasn’t playing in this game I would be playing in a scratch match for my club or a Marsh Series game which is just as intense.
“There will be injury risk whether you are playing rep footy or playing for your own team,” he said.
And he labelled the All-star concept the best representative football opportunity on offer to AFL players.
“The format is the best format they could have come up with given that they can only really play one game,” he said.
“We are there to win. Don’t get me wrong about that.
RAC Sports Awards at Optus Stadium on Thursday February 13th, 2020. Nat Fyfe
RAC Sports Awards at Optus Stadium on Thursday February 13th, 2020. Nat Fyfe Credit: John Koh/The West Australian, John Koh.
“It is not going to be like an NBA ‘ham it up game’ where guys are going to be having a bit of fun. We are there to win.”
Fyfe said that his top priority remained getting Fremantle ready for their first season under Longmuir.
He expected to play a “mid-forward role” and predicted youngsters Adam Cerra, Andrew Brayshaw and even Caleb Serong would play midfield roles this year.
He promised a more attacking game plan at Fremantle.
“We have got (Matt) Taberner and (Rory) Lobb and (Jesse) Hogan forward who are going to take big marks and kick goals for us,” he said.
“We have got attacking half-backs in Luke Ryan and Nathan Wilson, James Aish who are going to be able to set us up, and we have got a midfield of talented ball winners.
“What you will see is a different model to what you have seen in past seasons.
“The lens has now shifted towards opportunity and how can we exploit opposition teams and how can we get the ball from one end to the other as quickly as possible whereas previously maybe it was biased towards how can we restrict.”
Fyfe will line up for the All-Stars alongside Fremantle teammate and fellow All-Australian Michael Walters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back