Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 4, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
So many of those Essendon players were f’ed over by the club's decision to pursue PED's but then they signed back on with the club. Whether it was loyalty, the added dollars / years it doesn't really matter.

They should have left. There was no mass exodus despite showing that their players were only assets. Hooker and Co can stay there and rot now.

I agree with your first two sentences but not sure about the letting them rot comment.

I don't want the older Bomber players at Freo but even if they got more cash they still stuck with their club through a pretty tough time.

tonygeeks

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 11, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
I don't think we even want him in that role. Hooker is 32 and publicly turned us down a few years ago. Now he barely commands a spot in a side worse than us. I'd rather give Dixon one more go tbh

It's also likely Mundy becomes that player/AC role as well anyway so don't really need to put a second one in.

Sorry if I come off as harsh but I can't believe we're even considering Hooker as an option.

Yeah wrong thread for this discussion anyway

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Apr 14, 2018
Just up the street
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC
Just different stuff, and a new Serong

Attachments

• 872391C2-D99A-4799-B3F8-E3EBB99DF6F8.png
    872391C2-D99A-4799-B3F8-E3EBB99DF6F8.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 408

Monument Hills

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hufflepuff, Wildcats, WCE womens
Nice to get some recognition. And also - how different are the brothers? Long, skinny, 190cm and probably still growing. Short chunky nugget, only going to get more solid. o_O
different dads. Caleb had Josh Carr, brother from current dad. Not sure why this isn't obvious?

Aug 16, 2009
UK
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dragons FFC, Old Easts
Nice to get some recognition. And also - how different are the brothers? Long, skinny, 190cm and probably still growing. Short chunky nugget, only going to get more solid. o_O
Like my two boys. One is nuggety like Serong/Crowden. The other is tall and broad like Fyfe.

WaywardSonSon

Cancelled
Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A.
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cool Runnings
Nothing against John, but you just don’t see the need based on this year.
Yeah, it's nothing against him at all, I just love that the club seem to have ceased making those decisions that appease the media, and fall into line with the sheep mentality. The key figures are now executing commendable decisions that will stand us in excellent stead both on and off the field!

Purple_Turtle

Stockholm Syndrome
Oct 12, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Hull City

I'm sure Carlton fans will receive that well.

Ross Lyon is a dick.

Apparently we’re only as good as what we were because of Cripps, regardless of the fact that Cripps had, by his standards, an ordinary season. So surely then our improvement has come from the development of younger players and if Cripps gets back to 2019 form then it’s a real worry for other clubs?

But then I’m not an expert...

Did they not even mention Walsh or Setterfield for us? Bet they included Serong, Brayshaw and Cerra in the Fremantle 8.

They mentioned Fremantle's players who haven't played games yet.
No Walsh, Setterfield, Curnow.
And Freo have better forwards and backs.

Just gobsmacked.

A New Hope

Club Larrikin
Aug 21, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Who else got the members email from Justin and felt a little warm inside and optimistic about the future with the words he said.
It’s those little touches and interaction. that the club has missed.
Wether he is the coach to take us to a flag or not we seem to be a club going in a positive direction holistically and setting a great foundation so we can secure many flags in the future.

So many of those Essendon players were f’ed over by the club's decision to pursue PED's but then they signed back on with the club. Whether it was loyalty, the added dollars / years it doesn't really matter.

They should have left. There was no mass exodus despite showing that their players were only assets. Hooker and Co can stay there and rot now.
Their settlement with the club would have allowed Essendon to offer Hooker 5 years at $350,000 and a signing bonus outside the cap of $2,000,000. A bit of extra goodwill for his trouble to keep him.

Daddoo

Master Chef
Oct 31, 2015
Chicago
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers Milwaukee Brewers
I'm sure Carlton fans will receive that well.

I’d be pissed too if I were them. Every single year all they hear is “Freo is gonna make finals” “Freo is gonna rise up the ladder” on all of the tv shows and newspapers. Tons of hype around Freo every single preseason and they just don’t deliver. Gosh it must be hard to hear that constantly and incessantly as a Carlton supporter. Can’t believe those “interstate” media talking heads. They probably don’t even watch games with the Victorian sides. Shameful. Poor Vic fans.

*cue sad violin*

I’m beginning to like media Ross more than Coach Ross...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Wimbledon AFC
I’d be pissed too if I were them. Every single year all they hear is “Freo is gonna make finals” “Freo is gonna rise up the ladder” on all of the tv shows and newspapers. Tons of hype around Freo every single preseason and they just don’t deliver. Gosh it must be hard to hear that constantly and incessantly as a Carlton supporter. Can’t believe those “interstate” media talking heads. They probably don’t even watch games with the Victorian sides. Shameful. Poor Vic fans.

*cue sad violin*

I’m beginning to like media Ross more than Coach Ross...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
On top of that . All those Friday night games . * freo. They should give Carlton at least 1 Friday night game.

Sep 30, 2011
Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Whoever is playing WC
Carlton should be better than they are, I don't know if it is a toughness thing but suspect Ross would know better than me.
It’s a concentration and leadership problem. They go asleep 1 quarter every game. Losing Simpson probably adds to this unless some of the young guys step up, Cripps needs a hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back