Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It might be sacrilege on this page but I do like watching him play.
I think I probably would but I don't for the same reason I didn't get much out of Rioli or don't with Martin, the over-the-top commentary.

No doubt West Coast would have been totally ****ed without him this year.

I think I probably would but I don't for the same reason I didn't get much out of Rioli or don't with Martin, the over-the-top commentary.

No doubt West Coast would have been totally ****ed without him this year.
Oh yeah totally agree, but that's an issue with the fawning media as a whole and less with those particular players. Bruce McAveney made Hawks games unbearable to watch.

So did Carlton (Gibbs) and Geelong (Kelly) and they still got massive overs.

Gibbs was still contracted the year after so the Blues still had leverage, and Kelly was always a good chance to be worth more than WC's offer because he had only played one season. Neale would've been a free agent the next year likely to attract an offer we couldn't match meaning we probably would've only got pick 7 for him, or worse.

Fox: Jesse Hogan being shopped around!

Accompanying twitter opinion: Jesse Hogan is not being shopped around

🤨

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201020-122131_Fox Footy.jpg
    Screenshot_20201020-122131_Fox Footy.jpg
    299.3 KB · Views: 248
From the HS:

DOCKERS EYE YOUNG CAT
Fremantle has expressed a strong interest in securing gun young defender Jordan Clark from Geelong.

The Dockers have pick No. 7 and could give it up for Clark in exchange for the Cats’ second-round selection as part of a pick swap.

It would mean the Cats could add a fourth first-round pick on top of the three first-round choices Geelong already has in this year’s draft.

Geelong already has pick No. 11 (from Gold Coast) in this year’s draft as well as West Coast’s first-round pick on top of Geelong’s original first-round selection.

It is an incredibly strong draft hand for a club which will also secure free agent Jeremy Cameron from GWS Giants and Shaun Higgins from North Melbourne.

Clark has only played three games this year after a sizzling debut season in the AFL last year, but doubts have emerged about his defensive capacity.

Clark, who is from Western Australia, would help bolster the Dockers’ running power and linebreaking ability through the half back line and wing areas.

He is seen as a significant offensive threat and Fremantle wants to add to its outside midfield options after securing James Aish and Blake Acres last year.

The Dockers are known to be keen on Clark and have zeroed in on a potential trade while he has remained sidelined late in the season.

Clark, who is contracted at Geelong for next season, finished equal fifth in the Rising Star award last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jon Ralph on twitter talking down the value of Hogan. Is there a bigger prick in AFL media? Ignores us all season until there’s a player to be traded, when he proceeds to talk down the value of any player leaving the dockers and talk up the value of any player going to us. Couldn’t even get the number of our first pick correct.

Jon Ralph on twitter talking down the value of Hogan. Is there a bigger prick in AFL media? Ignores us all season until there’s a player to be traded, when he proceeds to talk down the value of any player leaving the dockers and talk up the value of any player going to us. Couldn’t even get the number of our first pick correct.

He's not alone though. I've read an article a few weeks ago that said that Jesse would be great value as a delisted free agent :(

Oh there are heaps of pricks like him , however none as uninformed and ignorant of Freo as he is.

Just in our pick I’m a bit confused and would appreciate an explanation. We finished 12th so we have pick 7 which is worth 1644 points. Now we had a deficit of 365 points due to the Henry trade, so we go back to 1279 which is not enough for pick 10 (worth 1395). But because we have more poibts than pick 11 (worth 1329), is that why get pick 10 (because while we don’t have enough we have more than pick 11), cheers

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just in our pick I’m a bit confused and would appreciate an explanation. We finished 12th so we have pick 7 which is worth 1644 points. Now we had a deficit of 365 points due to the Henry trade, so we go back to 1279 which is not enough for pick 10 (worth 1395). But because we have more poibts than pick 11 (worth 1329), is that why get pick 10 (because while we don’t have enough we have more than pick 11), cheers

Deficit was 265 points.

I like this pick 7 he refers to. I think we should keep pick 7 and offer Geelong something else.

Crouch going to St Kilda won’t have an impact on whether Jordan wants out.

Geelong will need some decent picks because it seems GWS will match (re: Cameron) and force a trade even though GWS offered a lower salary of 700-750k as compared to 800k plus.

GWS want either two first round picks or a combination of good player, a first round pick and decent change. They won’t get the picks they need from likes of Constable or Cockatoo (or these picks will end up being used on the likes of Higgins and Smith). Jordan Clark would likely give them a decent pick they can use either to move up the draft order or to replace two of the three first round picks that would find their way to GWS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back