Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
He was pretty inconsistent wasn't he? I'll stick with Brayshaw.
Not a match-winner, Brayshaw is.

Lmfao. I'm not talking about reversing the trade here, I'm just saying he would be nice here now if he were able to come back somehow. Obviously won't happen, but he's the kind of player we could really use.

Monument Hills

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hufflepuff, Wildcats, WCE womens
Lmfao. I'm not talking about reversing the trade here, I'm just saying he would be nice here now if he were able to come back somehow. Obviously won't happen, but he's the kind of player we could really use.
prefer to have Bhilly back though i am clearly biased

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
oh OK. Yeah he'd be good. Happily trade our first for him with something else back.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
With the Brions chasing another big dollar trade, and with Deven Robertson looking surplus to requirements, is he worth sussing out?

Sep 11, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man Utd
With the Brions chasing another big dollar trade, and with Deven Robertson looking surplus to requirements, is he worth sussing out?
Who does he replace in our 22?

Apr 14, 2018
Just up the street
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC
Ross Lyon rules himself out of North Melbourne coaching race as Kangaroos search for Rhyce Shaw replacement
Jon RalphHerald Sun
Thu, 29 October 2020 3:48PMComments
Ross Lyon has told North Melbourne he is not a contender for their vacant coaching role as club great David King warned applicants worried about future job security they shouldn’t even bother applying.

The Roos on Thursday formed a coaching selection panel that includes premiership coach Paul Roos, who was to be Rhyce Shaw’s part-time mentor but will likely take up another role at Arden St next year.

Also on a panel that will not be dictated to by next week’s trade period kick-off are CEO Ben Amarfio, football boss Brady Rawlings, club powerbroker Glenn Archer, board member Sonja Hood and Center for Leadership Advantage co-founder Terry Coyne.

The club has whittled down a long list of up to 30 candidates to about 10, with former St Kilda and Fremantle coach Lyon making clear he did not want to be interviewed.
It is understood some contenders for the role are hesitant given the length of the rebuild and new AFL rules that encourage small payouts to sacked coaches.
The club’s full list rebuild will likely take up to five seasons, with Lions legend Jon Brown suggesting contenders including Michael Voss might be scared off by a lack of job security.
But King said it was “laughable” to suggest the Roos had to offer a long-term guaranteed deal because of the size of the challenge.

The Herald Sun reported this week the Roos’ status as a “non-assisted” AFL club meant they could offer longer than six months as a payout if they sacked the coach mid-rebuild.

But King said yesterday he was affronted by the suggestion some coaches might be scared off by the scope of the rebuild or their inability to get a fat payout if they were sacked.

Rhyce Shaw has stepped aside as Kangaroos coach. Picture: Michael Willson/AFL PhotosHis comments seem pointed in the direction of coaches like Brown’s premiership teammate Voss who might be waiting for the perfect opening to return to senior coaching.

“If you have concerns about a six-month payout or are demanding a four or five-year deal, then don’t bother applying,” he told the Herald Sun.

“I just don’t understand why the Kangaroos have to give guarantees no one else does. There are 18 jobs like this in the country. If you sit back and wait for the perfect one, you might be left holding the can.

Not one Kangaroos supporter will be judging the next 24 months on wins and losses.

“We want to come along the ride. We understand this is a big task with half a dozen good kids who are there and with the young players to build around yet to be drafted.

“I find the whole notion that a coach needs a guarantee to come and coach North Melbourne laughable. The Kangaroos didn’t walk Rhyce Shaw out the door, Brad Scott moved on after nine years as a coach after a whole difference of opinion and a whole range of other reasons that never became public. It would be a dangerous thing to be the man who said, ‘I don’t want that job’.

“For people to say you need a four or five-year guarantee before you take the job, if that person isn’t prepared to back themselves, maybe it’s not the job for them.

“There is no real pressure on wins and losses for two and a half years. We want a coach who will thrive, not count his cash or look at his bank balance.”

He said Chris Fagan’s first two seasons at Brisbane clearing out the list cloggers then drafting elite talent showed the way forward for the Roos.
Fagan won five games in each of his first two seasons at Brisbane before 16 and 15-win seasons.

Belnakor

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
The club has whittled down a long list of up to 30 candidates to about 10, with former St Kilda and Fremantle coach Lyon making clear he did not want to be interviewed.
It is understood some contenders for the role are hesitant given the length of the rebuild and new AFL rules that encourage small payouts to sacked coaches.

Ross already ruled himself out of the Roos previously. his opinion is basically they don't have the resources to be successful so him attaching himself to a team like that is only going to damage his future prospects.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ross already ruled himself out of the Roos previously. his opinion is basically they don't have the resources to be successful so him attaching himself to a team like that is only going to damage his future prospects.

The way Eddie fawns over Ross, I think Buckley already knows who his successor will be. Lyon to the Pies 2022 ticks many boxes for both parties.

Apr 14, 2018
Just up the street
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC
Tradies

Attachments

• 5D42EC6E-D38A-4B0D-8143-DBF41C3253EA.png
    5D42EC6E-D38A-4B0D-8143-DBF41C3253EA.png
    1 MB · Views: 289

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Apparently Quartermaine has done an article on Hogan, any chance someone has go it??
Reported for requesting a Quarterbrain article. Seek professional help my friend - you are not of a sound mind.

I would rather pierce my eyes out with needles than read one of his pieces let alone having to wade through the stench of his article to copy and paste the content here.

Ok I put on my hazmat suit and skimmed it. He appears to spend the whole article declaring how delusional Freo fans are about trade value for Jesse. That's it - as per usual he is a complete hack of a 'journo'.

Midnite65

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Philadelpia 76'ers
Apparently Quartermaine has done an article on Hogan, any chance someone has go it??
Isnt there another Eagles tatoo, vasectomy or wedding for him to write about? Talk about an organisation that continually keeps beating up the whole story to force him out of town and also for us to give him up for nothing.

Mar 18, 2012
Vic
AFL Club
Fremantle

This guy is just a trash journo, I’ve never seen a decent article from him. He’s a big eagles fan isn’t he?
Where was his article about Eagles fans reality check when they wanted to give up a bunch of scraps for Tim Kelly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back