Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Going with that theory we shouldn't draft kids from WA as their is a history of injuries with Logue and Morabito.

Such a small minded view. Pick the best player and create an environment that will allow the players to succeed and they will stay.

The constant uninformed speculation on Cerra leaving Freo on BF in particular since he was drafted is exhausting.

Players like Pavlich and Mundy are proof that elite inter state talent will stay if provided the right situation whether that be pay, lifestyle or work environment.

If Cerra does decide to leave club needs to look at what they can do to hold onto interstate talent better, not stop drafting them.

We wouldn't have drafted Brayshaw if that was the club policy.
Drafting Vic metro with long term Vic metro girlfriends is not a massive risk? If Mundy & pav had girlfriends wanting to go home instead of girls wanting them to stay in Perth things would have been different.
Pav would have finished at Adelaide.
Mundy at Richmond.
I love our Vic metro players but it costs more to keep them pushing out opurtunity to pay other players.
Sumich is a troll but there is an element of truth in what he says.

She is far from the worst, I actually think she’s in the top tier and this is multiple times I’ve seen you bag her, which makes me think you’ve got something else going on.

Dunstall referred to us as “Port Adelaide” during the game and you haven’t isolated that.
I’ve heard her commentate/present on us twice and both times she’s has been awful.
Today the called Brayshaw “Angus” and referred to the win as a “big upset” despite us heading into the game at $1.95 with the bookies, pretty much as close to a 50:50 as you can get.
I would put any money she has not watched us play once this year.
The last time I heard her was commentating on the Richmond game last year in the hub when we put it up to them for 3 quarters.
She clearly had never watched several of our players prior to that day either and constantly rehashed a few tired old cliches about freo while simultaneously gushing about Richmond and Dusty every chance she got. Ironically Conca kept Dusty to 11 disposal that night.
I’ve seen enough of her to know she is crap when covering a Fremantle game. If you are trying to suggest I have something against her because she’s a woman, which I suspect you are, then you are 100% wrong. Daisy Pearce and Abbey Holmes are both excellent on channel 7 despite being surrounded by The triple M old boys club every game they do. I just think Underwood is not a good presenter.

She is far from the worst, I actually think she’s in the top tier and this is multiple times I’ve seen you bag her, which makes me think you’ve got something else going on.

Dunstall referred to us as “Port Adelaide” during the game and you haven’t isolated that.
She was barracking in the commentating box last year vs Richmond. She isn't the worst but she is most definitely not top tier.

I’ve heard her commentate/present on us twice and both times she’s has been awful.
Today the called Brayshaw “Angus” and referred to the win as a “big upset” despite us heading into the game at $1.95 with the bookies, pretty much as close to a 50:50 as you can get.
I would put any money she has not watched us play once this year.
The last time I heard her was commentating on the Richmond game last year in the hub when we put it up to them for 3 quarters.

She clearly had never watched several of our players prior to that day either and constantly rehashed a few tired old cliches about freo while simultaneously gushing about Richmond and Dusty every chance she got. Ironically Conca kept Dusty to 11 disposal that night.
I’ve seen enough of her to know she is crap when covering a Fremantle game. If you are trying to suggest I have something against her because she’s a woman, which I suspect you are, then you are 100% wrong. Daisy Pearce and Abbey Holmes are both excellent on channel 7 despite being surrounded by The triple M old boys club every game they do. I just think Underwood is not a good presenter.
This

He corrected himself in an instance

Nah. She is the worst.
Horrible monotone voice & just seems it's all a bit forced .

From its_VF on the Freo subreddit (Join up if you haven’t).

Mark Duffield - Freo’s win over Adelaide
a win for the club, not just the team.

Some wins are significant for a team. Some are significant for a club.
To see the Fremantle Dockers put everyone in the circle to sing the team song — including President Dale Alcock and CEO Simon Garlick, tells you that this was a significant win for the club. Clubs need momentum and that is hard to create when you are giving up the gains made at home by being badly beaten on the road.
So this win was not so much about who the Dockers beat, it was about where the game was played. Adelaide Oval has not been a happy hunting ground for the Dockers. They had played there nine times for one win. And their two previous trips away this season had been momentum killers.
Now they are ahead on the win-loss ratio, in touch with the top end of the ladder and with North Melbourne ahead. In a significant performance, Fremantle’s most significant contributor was probably, again, golden oldie David Mundy, who had 28 disposals, kicked a goal, had 10 score involvements and took the ball inside attacking 50 six times. But it is never just about the numbers with Mundy. He is as much about quality as he is about quantity and his ability to hit targets heading inside 50 means he is still among the elite players in the competition.
When this game threatened to get away from the Dockers — with the loss of Adam Cerra to an ankle injury and then as Adelaide got control around stoppages and eased two goals clear at half-time — it was the work of Mundy, Nat Fyfe, Caleb Serong and Andrew Brayshaw around stoppages that got momentum back. Their work in the middle and the ability of Luke Ryan to play assertively and brilliantly in defence, meant the Dockers were the more likely team to win for much of the second half.
There were anxious moments in the last when they butchered a couple of chances that should have been taken but cool finishing from Matt Taberner, Lachie Schultz, Sean Darcy and, of course, Mundy put the game beyond the Crows’ reach. The other great signs for Fremantle are the form of Travis Colyer, Blake Acres and James Aish. Colyer kicked two goals and drilled a brilliant pass to Taberner for one of his. Aish’s third term was a big factor in the Dockers getting control of the game and Acres contributed strongly on a wing.
There will be tougher on-the-road challenges ahead for the Dockers. But this gets them started and the key figures at the club knew it as they sang the song.

From its_VF on the Freo subreddit (Join up if you haven’t).

Mark Duffield - Freo’s win over Adelaide
a win for the club, not just the team.
OH Well....Liam is nearly Luke.. From the Sydney Morning Herald...Third paragragh

Charging Dockers deny persistent Crows
By Steve Barrett
April 18, 2021 — 5.10pm

Fremantle shook off a week of criticism for their road form and Adelaide’s persistent challenge before motoring home for their first away victory of the season on Sunday afternoon.

Evergreen David Mundy, the brilliant Nat Fyfe and ball magnet Angus Brayshaw spearheaded a dynamic fourth-quarter flourish to drive the Dockers past the finish line after they held a slender one-point, three-quarter-time advantage

Matt Taberner (four goals), Travis Colyer (two) and Lachie Schultz (two) were ever-present dangers in attack in Fremantle’s finest win of 2021. Early, it was the likes of Blake Acres, Nathan Wilson, Liam Ryan and Colyer, who were worrying Adelaide with their run and carry, placing the Dockers on the front foot.

But the Crows’ defence, marshalled by uncompromising acting captain Tom Doedee and Jordon Butts, was resolute in the face of Freo’s territory dominance, showing poise and desperation to ensure scores were tied at quarter-time.

Ben Keays and Rory Laird, tag-teaming centre-square duties on Fyfe, lifted Adelaide’s intensity in the middle as the Crows crafted a slender advantage.

Adelaide’s ball movement and flow were more ragged than in recent rounds but their pressure was immense, putting the Dockers under the pump with three goals in a row to Lachlan Sholl, James Rowe and, in the last minute of the half, Tom Lynch to hold sway by 12 points.

The momentum swayed back to Fremantle in the third stanza, the Dockers’ ball movement out of the centre-square and linking across the park methodical.

Michael Walters’ play-making was pure silk, Fyfe provided value for touches and Wilson recaptured his early run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Angus Brayshaw..........ffffs!

Time to get angry, Angus :tearsofjoy:

Dunstall was far more bearable than the other ****wits that commentated our game today. Unfortunately they’re the worst of the worst and always get Sunday games that Freo always get.

Dwayne Russell especially is a cancer to any game of footy he commentates and is the worst commentator I’ve across in any sport I’ve ever watched.

Dunstall was far more bearable than the other ****wits that commentated our game today. Unfortunately they’re the worst of the worst and always get Sunday games that Freo always get.

Dwayne Russell especially is a cancer to any game of footy he commentates and is the worst commentator I’ve across in any sport I’ve ever watched.
Yeah Dwyane is really rustling my jimmy's lately don't like his commentary.

OH Well....Liam is nearly Luke.. From the Sydney Morning Herald...Third paragragh

Charging Dockers deny persistent Crows
By Steve Barrett
April 18, 2021 — 5.10pm

Fremantle shook off a week of criticism for their road form and Adelaide’s persistent challenge before motoring home for their first away victory of the season on Sunday afternoon.

Evergreen David Mundy, the brilliant Nat Fyfe and ball magnet Angus Brayshaw spearheaded a dynamic fourth-quarter flourish to drive the Dockers past the finish line after they held a slender one-point, three-quarter-time advantage

Matt Taberner (four goals), Travis Colyer (two) and Lachie Schultz (two) were ever-present dangers in attack in Fremantle’s finest win of 2021. Early, it was the likes of Blake Acres, Nathan Wilson, Liam Ryan and Colyer, who were worrying Adelaide with their run and carry, placing the Dockers on the front foot.

But the Crows’ defence, marshalled by uncompromising acting captain Tom Doedee and Jordon Butts, was resolute in the face of Freo’s territory dominance, showing poise and desperation to ensure scores were tied at quarter-time.

Ben Keays and Rory Laird, tag-teaming centre-square duties on Fyfe, lifted Adelaide’s intensity in the middle as the Crows crafted a slender advantage.

Adelaide’s ball movement and flow were more ragged than in recent rounds but their pressure was immense, putting the Dockers under the pump with three goals in a row to Lachlan Sholl, James Rowe and, in the last minute of the half, Tom Lynch to hold sway by 12 points.

The momentum swayed back to Fremantle in the third stanza, the Dockers’ ball movement out of the centre-square and linking across the park methodical.

Michael Walters’ play-making was pure silk, Fyfe provided value for touches and Wilson recaptured his early run.
Of coarse the errors on this will go unmentioned by the jocks posting above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back