Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1619408028779.png
The predicted squiggle has in 8th, ahead of West Coast in 9th, who we have won the same amount of games as, but they have a higher percentage yet we finish above them?

NOBODY BEATS US 11 TIMES IN ROW...IT IS OUR TURN NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Funnily enough even though we have deplorable record against a number of sides, Hawthorn and Geelong in particular, the 10 losses and 9 losses (from inception) in a row to West Coast are 1 and 2 terms of losing streaks against other clubs. Against the two above our worst streaks are 6 and 7 respectively. Here is pop quiz; which is the only side other than West Coast we have lost more than 7 games in a row to at any point?
Ross Lyon's Saint Kilda. 8 losses between 2007 and 2011

Another statistical oddity is that despite having lost 19 of the 51 games we have played against WC in just two consecutive streaks, without accounting for other loses, our winning percentage is still 39.2. In between the bookend streaks our record is 20 W 12 L = a 62.5% winning record. I also have a feeling West Coasts worst streak against all sides is the 7 derbies in a row they conceded between 2007 and 2010. It's a weird rivalry.

Funnily enough even though we have deplorable record against a number of sides, Hawthorn and Geelong in particular, the 10 losses and 9 losses (from inception) in a row to West Coast are 1 and 2 terms of losing streaks against other clubs. Against the two above our worst streaks are 6 and 7 respectively. Here is pop quiz; which is the only side other than West Coast we have lost more than 7 games in a row to at any point?
Ross Lyon's Saint Kilda. 8 losses between 2007 and 2011

Another statistical oddity is that despite having lost 19 of the 51 games we have played against WC in just two consecutive streaks, without accounting for other loses, our winning percentage is still 39.2. In between the bookend streaks our record is 20 W 12 L = a 62.5% winning record. I also have a feeling West Coasts worst streak against all sides is the 7 derbies in a row they conceded between 2007 and 2010. It's a weird rivalry.
I actually guessed the Saints but not for a second did I make the Ross link.

the couch didn't cover our game, sunday footy spent 30 seconds on it and AFL360 didn't even mention, guess thems the breaks when you play North!

More like thems the breaks when you aren't Essendon, Carlton, Collingwood, or Geelong. Lately, it is also Saints and Bulldogs, too.

the couch didn't cover our game, sunday footy spent 30 seconds on it and AFL360 didn't even mention, guess thems the breaks when you play North!
It’s ok - footy classified is coming up soon.
I’ll count the seconds of coverage we get.
Odds on it’s Zero.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think we'll get any positive attention even with a win. Look at how all the West journalists are already setting it up.

It will either be

West coast another victim of AFL injury crisis: why their flag hopes are over

OR

Freo fail again. Brave undermanned Eagles in famous victory

UPDATE - amateur hour on footy classified. First 10 mins we have Lloyd, Hutchy, McClure and Cornes talking about how Collingwood will have two top 10 picks this year.
Farcical stuff. I thought McClure was a serious journalist?? He repeatedly referred to it and got it wrong on not one but two counts -
Firstly saying that Daicos will go pick 1, and it remains to be seen if the pies will be able to match that bid and keep their own first round pick in the likely top 10.
Wrong on two counts.
Firstly GWS have the pies first round pick.
Secondly even if they didn’t, it is not possible for Daicos to be taken at pick 1 by Collingwood and them to keep their own top 10 pick. It would only be possible if they won the spoon and had kept their first rounder from last year.
Not a single one of the other guys corrected him. Amazing.

Here is is from about 1:40.

We weren’t exactly impressive though we’re we? Not too many of our own fans even enjoyed it!

if fyfe had found his kicking boots it might have been a different story - that’s the sort of thing that might make us a decent side and more of a top 8 fancy.

and let’s be honest, there were some big losers this week that deserved a lot of discussion.

Due to the AFL's genius scheduling we were also on at the exact same time as the game that everyone in Melbourne was watching, being Melbourne v Richmond. It's obvious that that's the game all the pundits watched so we were doomed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back