Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's certainly no fixed defined thing in what the AFL is in terms of the VFL and history. It's a mixed bag and they pick and choose the tradition idea as it suits them, especially re the interstate clubs.
The continuity is there with the VFL re records, names of awards etc. The expansion clubs joined an existing league. Some individual clubs might try to adopt older traditions (like us with the chevrons), but only to the extent it doesn't interrupt pre-existing traditions.

It would have been great if, say, the VFL, WAFL, & SANFL had merged into one football league. But not all the clubs would have made it and, for some bizarre reason, we often seem to put the existence of individual clubs above the greater footy good.

I watched the Cornes vs Eddie thing.

It doesn't really matter who you think is right, based on what was presented, Port hasn't got a leg to stand on.

I don't mind Kane, but he mustn't be the smartest if he thought that contract does anything for his case. It was like he read the heritage round clause and nothing else in the document.

I watched the Cornes vs Eddie thing.

It doesn't really matter who you think is right, based on what was presented, Port hasn't got a leg to stand on.

I don't mind Kane, but he mustn't be the smartest if he thought that contract does anything for his case. It was like he read the heritage round clause and nothing else in the document.
Wasn't the issue that the contract was in bad faith since they signed under the assumption that heritage round would continue and Eddie put his foot in the mouth by admitting he helped draft the contract and had inside information in regards to heritage round not having a future?

Wasn't the issue that the contract was in bad faith since they signed under the assumption that heritage round would continue and Eddie put his foot in the mouth by admitting he helped draft the contract and had inside information in regards to heritage round not having a future?
Memory is already fuzzy but didn't the wording of it insinuate that Port knew or should have known that was the case?

That’s what I thought. That contract doesn’t mean anything now, what a dickhead remark too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it just me or is anyone else pissed that freo lost out on over a mil revenue and that scum down the road waltz in to a crowd this week. Hope they all choke on their masks when booing

Kiss of the d***

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not really they can't control covid outbreaks. Also they gave us their home derby last year when we were struggling....

Yeah and it was meant to be their home game because we had the last home derby.
Who said that besides an eagle? They tore the whole fixture up after round 1, what happened in 2019 was irrelevant. As I recall it they literally decided about two weeks before it was played who would have it as a home game, it was never given to the eagles and then taken off them

Anyone read the Kane Cornes opinion piece in the paper today?? It's all about how Freo v WC isn't a true rivalry.
What a load of rubbish it is. I shouldn't have expected any less from him.

Hey Freo fans,

On our blog we provide in depth analysis on teams and players throughout the season.

This week, one of our talking points was Luke Ryan and how he is central to Fremantles strong defensive whilst producing scoring opportunities with his ball use.

https://footytalkingpoints.com.au/2021/04/28/ftp-6/

Would love to get your thoughts on his year so far

Anyone read the Kane Cornes opinion piece in the paper today?? It's all about how Freo v WC isn't a true rivalry.
I believe his angle is that we haven't been competitive enough. The showdown count is even, the derby one less so.

If you use that definition of rivalry then he's right.

It was appalling and shows how little idea he has

he refers to the 2002 ramsgate hotel incident

...ok then, what about the demolition derby or the london derby?

there have been some great derbys over the years and the rivalry is still there

prior to the eagles current run it was 20-21. it looks like we are about to spend a few years catching up again.

port had their period under primus with the tarps etc, im sure the showdown wasnt $hit hot then.

zzz snooze

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back