Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mildy interesting listen. Scroll down to Leppitsch on 1.6.2021 - 8:26

He uses us as a contrast to the Pies in terms of ball movement (attack). It's not about us but he talks about us for comparison.

Mildy interesting listen. Scroll down to Leppitsch on 1.6.2021 - 8:26

He uses us as a contrast to the Pies in terms of ball movement (attack). It's not about us but he talks about us for comparison.

Great listen and it’s sort of put our 47 point loss in perspective. I would much rather lose the way we have this season than play like a bunch of impotent tools like Collingwood. I only watched the Kayo mini of that Geelong game and I almost feel asleep.

I wonder will they drag out this draft tonight to masochistic levels like they have been doing at the National draft in recent years or just get it done and dusted quickly?

Great listen and it’s sort of put our 47 point loss in perspective. I would much rather lose the way we have this season than play like a bunch of impotent tools like Collingwood. I only watched the Kayo mini of that Geelong game and I almost feel asleep.
I liked that we had all those good attacking stats (apart from laughable goal kicking) but we still had conceded less inside 50s than Collingwood. They are obviously not the gold standard, but still good we are being pansies anymore.

I wonder will they drag out this draft tonight to masochistic levels like they have been doing at the National draft in recent years or just get it done and dusted quickly?
I forgot I was supposed to be excited about tonight. I mean, I support the clubs decision but I really like shiny toys, even ones from the bargain bin.

If they think anyone is watching they'll drag it out.

I liked that we had all those good attacking stats (apart from laughable goal kicking) but we still had conceded less inside 50s than Collingwood. They are obviously not the gold standard, but still good we are being pansies anymore.
Squiggle rates their defense equal 7th. Ours 8th.
1622623283963.png

Squiggle factors in some expect score metrics I believe, other models that weight it higher would probably have our attack as higher than 13th

Squiggle rates their defense equal 7th. Ours 8th.
View attachment 1144454

Squiggle factors in some expect score metrics I believe, other models that weight it higher would probably have our attack as higher than 13th
Yeah it does take into account accuracy (using scoring shots), but it doesn't totally correct it so if we kicked at league average we'd be higher in attack but not by the full amount. That's part of the reason it doesn't rate West Coast, they are super accurate and it doesn't think it is sustainable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah it does take into account accuracy, but it doesn't totally correct it so if we kicked at league average we'd be much higher in attack but not by the full amount. That's part of the reason it doesn't rate West Coast, they are super accurate and it doesn't think it is sustainable.
I think part of the reason the filth are so accurate is not just luck or skill but gameplan. I.E. it's based around scoring off backhalf turn overs = often kicking into a less congested forwardline with a non set defense. Of course if they can't generate those turnovers they don't look so hot.

Last edited:
I think part of the reason the filth are so accurate is not just luck or skill but gameplan. I.E. it's based around scoring off backhalf turn overs = often kicking into a less congested forwardline with a non set defense. Of course if they can't generate those turnovers the don't look so hot.
Yes, that is definitely part of it. Same as the Hawks of old. Their shots are in good positions. Having said that, they also tend to nail the easy/moderate ones with a lot more regularity than most sides and I think that goes to the level of talent they have down there.

Just heard the tail end of belly on SEN with Dwayne Russell - nothing majorly of note.
Pulled out of the draft due to intel that the few players they would have taken would be gone by our pick and that turned out to be the case he said. We WOULD have selected a number of players that were picked early though which is interesting.
Very comfortable with where negotiations with Cerra are - said Adam is a very considered guy who is heavily invested in freo program every day.
Expecting a big crowd this weekend.

Oh and he appears to indicate that some of the long term injured players may be available at the end of the season.. not sure if Chappy or Sturt are included in that

Just heard the tail end of belly on SEN with Dwayne Russell - nothing majorly of note.
Pulled out of the draft due to intel that the few players they would have taken would be gone by our pick and that turned out to be the case he said. We WOULD have selected a number of players that were picked early though which is interesting.
Very comfortable with where negotiations with Cerra are - said Adam is a very considered guy who is heavily invested in freo program every day.
So to summarise.

Our picks were available at 8
Cez is gone
There will be 25K on Sunday

Is there a rule that if a club nominates for the MSD they have to take at least one player

They would never say who they wanted and not likely to say the player we wanted slid but we weren’t in it so…

Anyone read P Haselby's article in the West today? It was a general analysis on how so called *stars* can often hinder teams development. (I'm pretty sure there are good stats on this as truth via the NBA.) Which of our *stars* should we give up? I reckon Walters is on thin ice and near contract end but probably the only one off top my head.

Anyone read P Haselby's article in the West today? It was a general analysis on how so called *stars* can often hinder teams development. (I'm pretty sure there are good stats on this as truth via the NBA.) Which of our *stars* should we give up? I reckon Walters is on thin ice and near contract end but probably the only one off top my head.
I'd let anyone over the age of 27 that had interest go for a reasonable price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back